Suppression of superoxide/hydrogen peroxide production at mitochondrial site IQ decreases fat accumulation, improves glucose tolerance and normalizes

Elie

Forum Supporter
Suppression of superoxide/hydrogen peroxide production at mitochondrial site IQ decreases fat accumulation, improves glucose tolerance and normalizes fasting insulin concentration in mice fed a high-fat diet
The premise here that suppressing the leakage of electrons from mitochondrial complex 1 (and suppression of superoxide 02-, and, subsequently, hydrogen peroxide H2O2) would result in greatly improved metabolic health.

They used some variety of an enigmatic substance they call S1QEL (suppressor of site IQ electron leak).

I'd love to find out what exactly it was and whether it has natural mimetics.

I'd think that optimizing the clearing of superoxide and hydrogen peroxide by optimizing levels of superoxide dismutase, catalase and glutathione peroxidase, would achieve the same results.

How wonder how this would compare to the usual electron "scavengers" and scavenging systems like niacinamide Vit C/ Vit E / (NAD+) or methylene blue, etc.

Calling on all biochemistry geeks to weight in.

@Elie Did I get it right all the things you mentioned in the end do that ?

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
@Elie Did I get it right all the things you mentioned in the end do that ?
Niacinamide, etc.? these things act to "neutralize" and recycle "rogue" electrons.
The study focuses specifically on extra electrons produced in Complex 1 of the mitochondria. Enzymes such as SOD, Catalase and GSH (glutathione) peroxidase act to neutralize the "leaking" electrons )in the form of superoxide and hydrogen peroxide) by adding hydrogen to from water and or molecular oxygen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom