Request Carbocaine Next Time You Need To Get Numb At Dentist

Dentist’s don’t use novocaine anymore. They now use lidocaine for numbing. Lidocaine has a long half life becuase of the epinephrine so if you don’t like being numb for six hours or more, request carbocaine (mepivacaine), which is just as effective but it doesn't have epinephrine which makes it’s half life much shorter. Or if you have a small cavity, you may just request nothing. I’ve done that and found that if the cavity was small enough, I do not need injections and that it’s a waste of time and metabolic energy to do so. It’s just a quick drill and fill. Unfortunately, the white composite fillings they now use contain formaldehyde so while it’s better than mercury, it’s still toxic on some level and composite fillings have to be re done in a few years.

Last edited:

Drareg

Dentist’s don’t use novocaine anymore. They now use lidocaine for numbing. Lidocaine has a long half life becuase of the epinephrine so if you don’t like being numb for six hours or more, request carbocaine (mepivacaine), which is just as effective but it doesn't have epinephrine which makes it’s half life much shorter. Or if you have a small cavity, you may just request nothing. I’ve done that and found that if the cavity was small enough, I do not need injections and that it’s a waste of time and metabolic energy to do so. It’s just a quick drill and fill. Unfortunately, the white composite fillings they now use contain formaldehyde so while it’s better than mercury, it’s still toxic on some level and composite fillings have to be re done in a few years.

Better still let the dentist decide if the procedure needs injections, for minor procedures ,They may use topical appliction of some Caines ,common practice I thought,some procedures don't need anything which is also common practice. If you have to request this you should probably find a new dentist.

Don't use epinephrine because of long lasting effects ,they should use carbocaine ,will you not need more carbocaine injections throughout your procedure ?
I understand if someone is reacting severely to epinephrine but potentially continual injections throughout the procedure is awful imo.

what is a waste of metabolic energy?
Ray Peat has spoken positive of many ,"Caines". They act as a demethylating agent which is hugely beneficial in the right context, essentially helping metabolic energy.

Everybody is different and react differently to dental procedures.

papaya

it's such a nightmare
u can get an allergy test to see which composite type is best for u. u can also get inlays which last a long time & aren't toxic but unfortunately the glue is. do u go to a natural dentist?

Parsifal

Do you mean that they use lidocaine with epinephrine or that lidocaine increases epinephrine?

Birdie

Lidocaine with epinephrine is the usual numbing stuff according to my PA.. I've found that it is possible to request plain lidocaine. My dermatologist will have it on hand since I (now) have it listed in my chart that I'm allergic to epinephrine. So, maybe that will turn out to be called carbocaine/mepivaccaine....

So, @Parsifal, yes my dermatologist said they routinely use lidocaine with epinephrine, unless you request plain lidocaine. You can always let them know if it begins to wear off and they can re-inject. But for something simple, that wouldn't be needed anyway. The new stuff makes it easier for the practitioner. Ahem.

i have talk to a dentist that if age 35 above it needs a clearance for cardiologist. I got to think why and she talks about the anesthesia that she will use is preservative-free?
@Rinse & rePeat
@yerrag
@AlaskaJono
You would have to ask your dentist specifically which brand she intends to use, so you can look it up yourself to be sure. Maybe you could just skip it and use some Progest-E topically? I used it topically for a couple of burns lately, and posted about it. One was a second degree burn (below) and I didn’t feel anything using it. I am still stunned about it.

Attachments

• 4970DC99-1932-43A8-8BAD-8E69E130271E.jpeg
    4970DC99-1932-43A8-8BAD-8E69E130271E.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 8
  • D44B2CCB-7B14-468C-A57D-9004AC4DCB0E.jpeg
    D44B2CCB-7B14-468C-A57D-9004AC4DCB0E.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 9
  • CA2B4E92-8875-4E01-AD69-2034A5551815.jpeg
    CA2B4E92-8875-4E01-AD69-2034A5551815.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2713E184-1C42-493B-90CA-70E70BB261C4.jpeg
    2713E184-1C42-493B-90CA-70E70BB261C4.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 7
how about lidocaine with epinephrine?

@Rinse & rePeat
I don’t know anything about epinephrine, but lidocaine and progesterone sounds like a good combo to me. People get teeth pulled with nothing, and after my burn progesterone experience I would feel comfortable with those two topicals, but be sure and take a vitamin K days before and the day of.

I will skim through my”Pain” thread and see if I can find any other alternatives…

You would have to ask your dentist specifically which brand she intends to use, so you can look it up yourself to be sure. Maybe you could just skip it and use some Progest-E topically? I used it topically for a couple of burns lately, and posted about it. One was a second degree burn (below) and I didn’t feel anything using it. I am still stunned about it.
Thank you so much for posting this. This is super helpful.

“Certain products containing stinging nettle have shown that, when applied to the skin, it can reduce bleeding during surgery. The product, called Ankaferd blood stopper, is made up of alpinia, licorice, thyme, common grape vine and stinging nettle, and has also shown evidence of reducing bleeding after dental surgery. “

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals