Physical Activity and Inflammatory Markers Over 10 Years...

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Physical Activity and Inflammatory Markers Over 10 Years: Follow-Up in Men and Women from the Whitehall II Cohort Study
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/ear ... 9.abstract

Background—Inflammatory processes are putative mechanisms underlying the cardio-protective effects of physical activity. An inverse association between physical activity and inflammation has been demonstrated but no long-term prospective data are available. We therefore examined the association between physical activity and inflammatory markers over a 10-year follow-up period.

Conclusions—Regular physical activity is associated with lower markers of inflammation over 10 years of follow-up and thus may be important in preventing the pro-inflammatory state seen with ageing.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Effects of Physical Activity at High Altitude on Hormonal Profiles in Foreign Trekkers and Indigenous Nepalese Porters Scientific Studies 0
Twohandsondeck Ron Wyatt Finds, Tests, And Proves The PHYSICAL Blood Of Christ W/ Chromosome Count & WBC Activity Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 15
Mito Health Outcomes Of A High Fructose Intake: The Importance Of Physical Activity Articles & Scientific Studies 46
kayumochi Increased Physical Activity Associated With Less Weight Regain Six Years After “The Biggest Loser” Weight 0
haidut High Levels Of (endurance) Physical Activity Increase Risk Of CVD Scientific Studies 18
charlie Researchers Find Significant Link to Daily Physical Activity, Vascular Health Miscellaneous Health Discussions 1
bluefish Improving / increasing mental ability after expending physical energy Health 3
G The role of glycation in the pathogenesis of aging and its prevention through herbal products and physical exercise Scientific Studies 0
R Get a high metabolism with so much physical effort, help me 🙏 Metabolism 53
R Childhood spanking is linked to adverse physical, psychological, and behavioral outcomes in adolescence Scientific Studies 77
T Why can't I tolerate sugar on benzos? (It gives me severe physical anxiety) Ask For Help or Advice 14
T I got advice from herbalist James Sloane for physical anxiety caused by benzos what do you guys think? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Mauritio Allithiamine increases physical performance 7-fold, increases glycogen storage and glucose utilization Science 8
EchoTango How to obtain physical copies of Peat's books? Book Recommendations 7
T I took my valium 12 mg dose 21 minutes too late this morning and now have physical anxiety/withdrawal Ask For Help or Advice 9
T I inhaled chimney smoke from the boiler outside, now I got physical anxiety hours later Ask For Help or Advice 1
T Will lemon balm help against benzodiazepine's physical anxiety? Ask For Help or Advice 21
J Need Help With Physical Issues Ask For Help or Advice 1
T I Missed My 5 Mg Evening Dose Of Valium, Now Have More Physical Anxiety Is This Neurological Damage? Ask For Help or Advice 33
vrd2107 Acute Physical Symptoms Of Anxiety/Panic Despite Mood Mental Issues 2
U Are There Any Health Benefits From Weightlifting In A Presence Of Physical Job? Metabolism 1
K Is This The Physical Address Of Dr Ray Peat? Ask For Help or Advice 7
E Improve Mentally/fatigue After Impressive Physical Transformation (w Pics) Ask For Help or Advice 14
C Is There Any Exercise That Can Sustainably Improve Physical Function Without Tanking Metabolism? Exercise 33
jzeno What Are Some Of The Hard (physical) Investments You've Made In Your Health With The Best Dividends? Health 1
bluefish How To Have Focus And Energy After A Day Of Physical Labor Ask For Help or Advice 22
C Personality And Physical Health, Cause Or Consequence? Mental Issues 19
jzeno [Discussion] President Trump's Annual Physical Results (January 2018) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 55
L The Interplay Between Magnesium And Testosterone In Modulating Physical Function In Men Magnesium 0
R Social Ostracism Causes Damage To Physical And Mental Health; As Strong Or More Than Bullying Articles & Scientific Studies 24
encerent Do Physical Ways Of Stimulating The Thyroid Increase Thyroid Hormone Production? Ask For Help or Advice 11
haidut Finasteride Causes Physical Damage To Nerves, Depression, ED, Steroid Imbalance Scientific Studies 39
C OJ + Chicken Drumstick + Hard Physical Work = Low Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 4
Amazoniac How Physical Text Layout Affects Reading From Screen Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Atma Physical Lightness & Energy Flow? Weight 3
haidut Physical Stress Or Night-shift Work Decrease Female Fertility Scientific Studies 2
M Magnesium Improves Both Physical AND Mental Performance Supplements 7
D Effects Of Exercise And Physical Fitness On Prolactin Secretion In Athlethes Vs Sedentary Scientific Studies 2
AJC Very Low Fat Peat Diet And Physical Changes Diet 40
haidut Fundamental Physical "constants" May Change Over Time Science 6
J Antioxidants prevent health-promoting effects of physical exercise in humans Articles & Scientific Studies 3
D Advice on physical changes/diet? Diet 6
D What physical labourious outside jobs are there? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 15
GorillaHead Vitamin B5 supplementation may cause adrenal over activity? Ask For Help or Advice 11
Mito Anti-inflammatory activity of ivermectin in late-stage COVID-19 may reflect activation of systemic glycine receptors Miscellaneous Health Discussions 4
Sam321 Community and meaningful activity protects against addictive behaviors Mental Issues 3
D Is There A Connection Between Sexual Activity And Hair Loss Hair & Nails 4
bzmazu Big Tech Pushes Digital ID Cards to Track Vaccinations, Shopping, Banking Activity and More Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 20
haidut Sexual activity and stress levels (HPA activity) may determine longevity Scientific Studies 12
ddjd ways to increase CYP11A activity other than K2MK4? Cholesterol→Pregnenolone Ask For Help or Advice 11