Need Some Help From The Coffee Experts

Steve123

Hey,

Found an awesome coffee brand: whole beans, organic, wet processed and roasted, high altitude etc low in mould/mycotoxins etc??..

The problem is that the packet only comes in 1Kg size and I won’t get through through that for probably way over a month or more! The packets normally say consume within 2 weeks.. does this mean the whole coffee beans are gonna go mouldy or have more mycotoxins? Is there a way to make them last longer from the mould/mycotoxins etc?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...ee+masters&dpPl=1&dpID=41wLuwTmzjL&ref=plSrch That’s it.

Also while I’m hear does anyone know of a good coffee bean cheap grinder that won’t leach anything?

Thanks guys!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hey Steve, I asked my daughter who is a barista and she said you can store the whole beans in the freezer. I found this quote that might be helpful from Real Simple.
"It's fine to freeze whole beans for up to a month, provided you're not taking them out during that period. "For a large amount of coffee, first divide it into smaller portions, then freeze the portions in airtight bags," recommends Robert Nelson, president and chief executive officer of the National Coffee Association. When you do remove the frozen beans, put them on a shelf to thaw, and grind and brew within two weeks so the coffee is truly good to the last drop."

dbh25

I open and keep coffee on the shelf for 1-2 months. I don't think it goes bad and I do not notice a taste change.

Luckytype

@Steve123 i just noticed my whole bean coffee has a little one way valve on it so you can squeeze out the air. I remembered your thread and it does a solid job so I had to let you know. Maybe you can find something similar for a storage container and combine all the methods.

Attachments

• IMG_3363.JPG
    IMG_3363.JPG
    316.2 KB · Views: 7
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom