• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Magnesium activates Vitamin D

Peatogenic

Thirty minute Magnesium Sulfate baths a couple times a week are one of my staples. Not just in building my immune system but also its ability to give my body a reset from psychological/physical clutter. This "reset" quality is similar to the "reset" I've experienced the week following smoking marijuana.

I don't supplement with D except on occasion, but also get lots of sunlight.

Pina

I live magnesium sulfate foot baths too.

Does Dr Peat supplement magnesium? He drinks a lot of milk and I've been wondering how he meets his magnesium requirement.

Perry Staltic

I wonder how much Mg is absorbed in an epson salts foot bath. I'm sure it depends somewhat on the concentration.

Pina

I wonder how much Mg is absorbed in an epson salts foot bath. I'm sure it depends somewhat on the concentration.
I use a cup full. It drops my blood pressure each time. Not sure if that's the magnesium or simply improved circulation. It also acidifies my urine.

Mr.Bollox

I live magnesium sulfate foot baths too.

Does Dr Peat supplement magnesium? He drinks a lot of milk and I've been wondering how he meets his magnesium requirement.
he doesnt supplement
hes said thyroid function helps retain it
i dont know if he does this, maybe did it before
its some greens mixture he boils, then drinks the water of and i think tosses the greens
coffee has magnesium, as does milk, OJ
half gallon of pasteurized standard milk is like 250mg magnesium i think. its possible high quality organic grass fed stuff has more.
it seems like Peats calcium: magnesium ratio is pretty high

he probably gets the rda of 400mg easily, maybe even 600mg.
I doubt he gets anything close to the amount of calcium he gets though. I think orange juice has 50mg magnesium, 30mg calcium per cup? other fruits probably have a high ratio. coconut water i think is 2:1:1 calcium phosphorus magnesium , and potassium:sodium is like 10:1

Pina

he doesnt supplement
hes said thyroid function helps retain it
i dont know if he does this, maybe did it before
its some greens mixture he boils, then drinks the water of and i think tosses the greens
coffee has magnesium, as does milk, OJ
half gallon of pasteurized standard milk is like 250mg magnesium i think. its possible high quality organic grass fed stuff has more.
it seems like Peats calcium: magnesium ratio is pretty high

he probably gets the rda of 400mg easily, maybe even 600mg.
I doubt he gets anything close to the amount of calcium he gets though. I think orange juice has 50mg magnesium, 30mg calcium per cup? other fruits probably have a high ratio. coconut water i think is 2:1:1 calcium phosphorus magnesium , and potassium:sodium is like 10:1
Thank you

Pina

I have 1kg of magnesium sulfate. Do you guys know how much should i dissolve for full body bath? Cheers!

@Peatogenic @Pina
I buy magnesium sulphate in a 10 kg bucket. I use one cup at a time for foot soak. The cup is approx 300/400g

HighT

I buy magnesium sulphate in a 10 kg bucket. I use one cup at a time for foot soak. The cup is approx 300/400g
Is it enough absorption only from the feet, can you tell the benefits after?

Pina

Is it enough absorption only from the feet, can you tell the benefits after?
yes I can but I couldn't tell you if it's enough

RealNeat

Thirty minute Magnesium Sulfate baths a couple times a week are one of my staples. Not just in building my immune system but also its ability to give my body a reset from psychological/physical clutter. This "reset" quality is similar to the "reset" I've experienced the week following smoking marijuana.

I don't supplement with D except on occasion, but also get lots of sunlight.

My understanding is that Vitamin D is not something we should be trying to "activate."

As explained in detail here.

Some argue for the sulfation of vitamin D as it happens through sun exposure, so maybe the Sulfate in the Mg salt is what assists some with their calcium regulation.

Mr.Bollox