Losing weight shortens life, staying fat is better

it's difficult to say. But I would say most people I meet are "trying to lose weight" so it stands to reason that many/most "wanted to lose weight."
This does seem to be true, that most people are trying to lose weight. Interestingly of all the six people that I know who have died in the last two years, none of them were fat and just the opposite. If I look back further to others in my life who have died over the years none of them were fat, except for one. She was fat and broke her leg trying to ride a bike, and she died from a blood clot. She was probably trying to lose some weight, such irony.

Last edited:
This does seem to be true, that most people are trying to lose weight. Interestingly of all the six people that I know who have died in the last two years, none of them were fat and just the opposite. If I look back further to others in my life who have died over the years none of them were fat, except for one. She was fat and broke her leg trying to ride a bike, and she died from a blood clot. She was probably trying to lose some weight, such irony.
Well here it is, to my point…

“Higher BMI May Be Better for Older Adults
Higher BMI May Be Better for Older Adults

The association between all-cause mortality and BMI created a U-shaped curve with a broad base (P-nonlinearity <0.001). The "nadir of the curve for BMI and mortality was between 24.0 and 30.9, with the lowest risk being between 27.0 and 27.9(HR 0.90, 95% CI 0.88-0.92)," wrote Caryl A. Nowson, PhD, of Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia, and her co-authors, in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

They said that mortality risk did not increase with excess weight in this population until BMI was ≥33(HR 1.08 for BMI of 33.0-33.9, 95% CI 1.00-1.15).

Risk of mortality was highest at a BMI lower than 23, the authors said. Using a BMI of 23.0 to 23.9 as the reference, there was a 12% greater risk of mortality for those with a BMI in the range of 21.0-21.9 (HR 1.12, 95% CI 1.10-1.13) and a 19% greater risk for those with a BMI in the range of 20.0-20.9 (HR 1.19, 95% CI 1.17-1.22), the authors said.”

People live longer today than they did 80 years ago. Maybe it’s because we’re heavier today.
The women were plenty heavy back in the olden days, baking all that bread, and having 10 children. It was bad sanitation from rats and dirty water that was the killer back then. Cancer was almost unheard a few hundred years ago, as was all the other innumerable diseases and syndromes we have going on now….

“The earliest cancerous growths in humans were found in Egyptian and Peruvian mummies dating back to ∼1500 BC. The oldest scientifically documented case of disseminated cancer was that of a 40- to 50-year-old Scythian king who lived in the steppes of Southern Siberia ∼2,700 years ago.”

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I could be taking (as someone here phrased it) ‘the dirt nap’ because my bmi initially went up 13 points and then back down 15 in the last 10 years. It’s weird that I feel better than ever.
That is because you did it the right way by lowering the toxin load (hello poison "vitamin A I am looking at you) on your body so the liver was able to remove the fat which stored the toxins. This is the only real and safe way to lose weight, period. This is the way.

“"...In the current study, the researcher's analysis linked a higher body mass index, or BMI, to lower breast cancer risk for younger women across this age group, even for women within a normal weight range. "We saw a trend where, as BMI went up, cancer risk went down," Dr. Nichols remarked. "There was no threshold at which having a higher BMI was linked to lower cancer risk." The largest reductions in risk were for BMI between the ages of 18 and 24, with a 23% lower breast cancer risk linked to each five-unit increase in BMI during this period. At ages 25 to 34, each five-unit increase in BMI was linked to 15% lower risk. There was a 13% lower risk for BMI at ages 35 to 44, and a 12% lower risk for BMI at ages 45 to 54 years.”

InChristAlone

That is because you did it the right way by lowering the toxin load (hello poison "vitamin A I am looking at you) on your body so the liver was able to remove the fat which stored the toxins. This is the only real and safe way to lose weight, period. This is the way.
I agree.

Lilac

If I stop posting check the obituaries. I could be taking (as someone here phrased it) ‘the dirt nap’ because my bmi initially went up 13 points and then back down 15 in the last 10 years. It’s weird that I feel better than ever. Sometimes I wonder if science is purposely trying to mislead and confuse us tbh.

I have been having the same thoughts recently. Maybe the "fat paradox" is perceived as a paradox because the information promulgated is lies. Fat is an adaptation and can be protective.

I know three women, mid 60s, who have not carried an ounce of excess fat in their adult lives. I would call that being on a calorie-restrictive diet permanently, and they are all dealing with bone loss and occasional brain fritzes, for want of a better term. I've suggested "more calories" to two of them. And I've forgotten a similar tiny, slim woman I was working with a few years ago. I remember joking with her that eating more would feel better but I knew that gaining a few pounds would stress her out big time. One day she was working hard, going from job site to job site; then one day she was in the hospital; dead from a brain tumor six months later.

Peatress

I have noticed that that fat on my body is of a much nicer quality since I started peating. It is 15° F outside in the sun today. High is -3F on Monday. And this nice layer of thick skin I got from two years of adding lots of dairy and sugary fruit are keeping me nice and warm while I shovel snow!
Love your fat! Don’t be obese.
@Jennifer shovels snow in flip flops.

OP
ecstatichamster
I think I'm oversimplifying because @haidut is so much smarter than I am but I believe he has said that fat can be a reservoir for excess electrons present in ubiquitous reductive stress.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Love it! I work with a guy that shovels snow barefoot! And when it gets too bad or salty he wears slip on moccasins no socks!
I used to think this was bad **** and cool (well I still do) but! Once I learned from Peat that cold feet or hands produces tons of pro inflammatory cytokines I think, I stopped all cold exposure ideas. I mean I love the cold but… you don’t see bears loosing there coats to go into winter! Wolves aren’t shedding fur to get better adaptation to the cold! 😉

Peatress

Love it! I work with a guy that shovels snow barefoot! And when it gets too bad or salty he wears slip on moccasins no socks!
I used to think this was bad **** and cool (well I still do) but! Once I learned from Peat that cold feet or hands produces tons of pro inflammatory cytokines I think, I stopped all cold exposure ideas. I mean I love the cold but… you don’t see bears loosing there coats to go into winter! Wolves aren’t shedding fur to get better adaptation to the cold! 😉
I see your point but I can’t help but admire anyone who can wear flip flops outside in temperatures below 23 °C, basically summer.

Jennifer

It’s part of my manifestation practice. I need to fully commit to it if I’m going to transform this:

B23E8330-E6E8-4F30-9B26-47E981A61550.jpeg

into this:

1704929441984.jpeg

😁

Jennifer

I used to think this was bad **** and cool (well I still do) but! Once I learned from Peat that cold feet or hands produces tons of pro inflammatory cytokines I think, I stopped all cold exposure ideas. I mean I love the cold but… you don’t see bears loosing their coats to go into winter! Wolves aren’t shedding fur to get better adaptation to the cold!

I bring the trash down a 300’ driveway barefoot in the winter, but there’s no way I could shovel it without some sole protection. I can see moccasins working well even without socks. I generate so much heat while shoveling and my temp is high to begin with so socks aren’t needed. I won’t risk exposing myself to the cold if it doesn’t feel good. I was so sick at one point that I wore a down jacket even in summer.

LA

Conclusions: A decrease in BMI more than 5% shows a significantly increased risk of all-cause mortality among older individuals; but no significant association between increase in BMI and all-cause mortality. These findings emphasize the importance of body weight management in older population, and more studies are warranted to evaluate the cause-and-effect relationship between changes in BMI and cancer
Probably healthiest to simply maintain the same weight if possible; No major ups or downs

LA

People live longer today than they did 80 years ago. Maybe it’s because we’re heavier today.
My maternal line grandfather died at the age of 104years. It was an unnatural death. He fell and broke his ribs while going back into the house after smoking a cigar outdoors. His ribs punctured his lungs. He was always slim.
My mother, his daughter, died at 94yrs. She fell and broke her ribs too and her ribs punctured her lungs. She was sortof running along in the hallway (smooth wooden floor) and she did not turn on a light. Polished wood floors can be very slippery.
They both would have lived longer if they would have been wearing shoes with rubber soles. Also at night, or any place dark, it is good to keep a flash-light handy.
My dad died at 90yrs of pneumonia. He would not stop flying back to NY to visit all his Italian relatives in the summer. When he got to age 80yrs he would catch pneumonia during each trip. Sometimes he would wait 2 years. Then he had pneumonia every 2 years.
My parents and grands were always slim. It truly seems that maintaining the same weight is the best for longevity. There are fat and skinny people who live long lives and who basically maintained the same basic BMI most of their lives.

The important part is to focus on how to feel good and stay healthy.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals