Is This Skin Moisturising Oil A Bit More Peaty Than Others

Hi ,the reason I ask is,going through Christmas presents I received (some quite high end) body lotions ,skincare etc Iwas checking ingrediants hoping I could use those with least puffa . this oil meadow foam was listed in some in varying amounts.I did a bit of research and it seems this oil may have some good things in its favour as in much less (oxidation, rancidity) ,anyone know anything ?--------http://www.meadowfoam.com/mso.php

PakPik

Hello Elderflower, it seems this oil is mostly Monounsaturated fatty acids (about 80% or so) and around 20% PUFA. That doesn't seem too bad to me. However, it is 16% Euricic Acid, which is a presumably cardiotoxic Monounsaturated fatty acid. I don't know if the quantities by external application of the oil would be enough to cause concern for this toxicity, though.

"While studies done on laboratory animals in the early 1970s[5] show that erucic acid appears to have toxic effects on the heart at high enough doses, an association between the consumption of rapeseed oil and increased myocardial lipidosis, or heart disease, has not been established for humans.[6] While there are reports of toxicity from long-term use of Lorenzo's oil (which contains erucic acid and other ingredients), there are no reports of harm to people from dietary consumption of erucic acid.[7]:646-657

Publication of animal studies with erucic acid through the 1970s led to governments worldwide moving away from oils with high levels of erucic acid,[5] and tolerance levels for human exposure to erucic acid have been established based on the animal studies.[6][8][9]"
Erucic acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
OP
E
Thanks PaKPiK,so as not to waste the body lotion Im going to add warmed coconut oil and raw organic Shea butter. Which should dilute the nasties even more .It smells to gorgeous to throw away .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom