How To Get Ripped While Peating

7arthurv7

You do not have to eat a low fat diet, it is all about calories. As long as your protein intake is 140-150 grams per day, you can then set yourself a calorie target and fill it up by carbs and fats without having to worry. Calories are the most important, not proportion of fats or carbs. You can get shredded eating cookies as long as your protein and calories are controlled.

I like Peat's ideas and practices, but no food makes you fat. Overeating calories makes you fat.

olive

I’m having enormous success with intermittent fasting. 22 hour fast with a 2 hour feeding window after heavy, low volume weight training.

Black coffee to help get through the fast and to increase autophagy.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ill keep this thread updated with my progress. Like I stated initially, I will be doing a Peatish IF diet as to mitigate the stress hormones but still maximise fatloss. And I suppose I will have to learn how to count these calories so many people speak of at some point haha
Here is a youtuber that has an awesome diet plan it is kinda a same approach.

That way of eating actually looks pretty peaty. I'm interested to read about your progress.

Energizer

Fasting can lower your metabolism in the long run, starvation tells the body to suppress the metabolic rate to get by on fewer calories.

SolRosenberg

Despite the fact that some people had tremendous success doing it, I’m no fan of intermittent fasting. I think it opens the door to binge eating disorder and/or an unhealthy relationship with food. Certainly not everyone is affected this way, but in my opinion why take a chance when simply manipulating the macro nutrients and timing your meals appropriately can do just as good if not better. One has to keep in mind what will be more successfully maintained as a long-term lifestyle rather than short term fad.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've not been officially intermittent fasting but I typically start my day light with fresh fruit and a coffee with collagen, sugar and milk. I've lost close to 40lbs in the past 1+year without trying or counting calories. When I read about that program I realized it was pretty close to what I instinctively do already. Of course it could be just years of peating paying off with pufa depletion and improved metabolism. If a person is going to go for a weight loss regimen the one @Pieter linked seems like a decent choice to me.

Energizer

I think having small breakfast is probably not problematic as much as starving yourself for 24 hours. I did IF too and felt weird after a while. I was lean, but did not feel good.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think having small breakfast is probably not problematic as much as starving yourself for 24 hours. I did IF too and felt weird after a while. I was lean, but did not feel good.
Yeah, fasting like that destroyed me.

OP
Pieter

Pieter

So this morning I woke up at 9:00 am and Im having black coffee, p5p, mag chloride, msm and cyproheptadine. I stopped eating at just before 20:00 last night.

Will break my fast with fruits so to rev my metabolism back up with fructose.

Jem Oz

Just be careful taking supplements on an empty stomach. I stupidly took thyroid whilst trying the 16/8 fasting protocol, and lost a huge amount of hair as a result.

olive

Just be careful taking supplements on an empty stomach. I stupidly took thyroid whilst trying the 16/8 fasting protocol, and lost a huge amount of hair as a result.
This is good advice. Save the pharmaceuticals until the end of the fasting window unless they are required.

OP
Pieter

Pieter

The argument people have against fasting is that it causes stress hormones to be elevated. So im taking these specific things first thing to stop the stress response. I want more anabolic hormones less catabolic hormones. Tonight im gonna take Niacinamide after my meal. Still deciding on dosage. But my capsules contain 500mg. And that is then again to enhance anabolic hormones while sleeping and wake up thinner but not flat.

OP
Pieter

Pieter

I broke my fast at 13:00 with an apple, 2 oranges, banana and a bowl of pre cooked sorghum poridge with a table spoon of coconut oil melted into it. That equates to a 17hour fast.

OP
Pieter

Pieter

Swopping out the 4mg cypro with 1000mg taurine tomorrow.

Cypro is great and it allows me to drink black coffee with no sugar without the jitters. But I feel like its not allowing my body to burn fat while in my fasting window. Observation: cypro affects on my appetite only start once I eat something (when I break my fast) Its very protective against stress hormones but maybe too protective as I want the fat to be oxidized.

OP
Pieter

Pieter

Been taking 1000mg niacinamide after my last meal and ive woken up after falling asleep at night because my body gets realy hot. Metabolism in overdrive I suppose.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was wondering how it's going for you. Thanks for the update. Are you counting calories?

OP
Pieter

Pieter

I was wondering how it's going for you. Thanks for the update. Are you counting calories?
Nope not counting. Just eating in a 8hour window and eating my fill of what I can afford.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom