How To Get Ripped While Peating

OP
Pieter

Pieter

If this experiment runs me into the ground ill start counting calories and macros for weight management. But until then im just gonna eat in a peaty fashion and use peaty supplements in combo with Intermittent fasting (6-8hour eating window. Tomorrow im planning on upon waking to drink my black coffee and take my p5p, mag, msm, and new to the mix taurine and then fast until 13:00 or 14:00. Will update on how that makes me feel.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If this experiment runs me into the ground ill start counting calories and macros for weight management. But until then im just gonna eat in a peaty fashion and use peaty supplements in combo with Intermittent fasting (6-8hour eating window. Tomorrow im planning on upon waking to drink my black coffee and take my p5p, mag, msm, and new to the mix taurine and then fast until 13:00 or 14:00. Will update on how that makes me feel.
Cool, I was just wondering if you were following that guy's advice for goal weight x. 11 for calories or not. Best wishes!

Wagner83

Been taking 1000mg niacinamide after my last meal and ive woken up after falling asleep at night because my body gets realy hot. Metabolism in overdrive I suppose.
Tyw wrote about niacinamide disrupting circadian rhythm when taken later in the day, I'm not sure if pushing metabolism right before bed is optimal.

meatbag

I'm not sure it's a good idea to take amino acids on an empty stomach-without carbohydrates.

"
SARAH JOHANNESEN MURRAY: Thank you for your call Tasha. Dr Peat, can you explain why it's so important, when you have a protein, to have it with fruit or honey or sugar because of the blood sugar lowering effect of the protein.

RAY PEAT: The amino acids in the protein themselves are strong stimulants of the insulin secretion and when you don't take in sugar, the insulin to dispose of the protein will lower your blood sugar and to prevent the blood sugar going down you tend to produce either adrenalin or cortisol or both. And if your liver didn't have the glycogen stored to release glucose under the influence of adrenalin, then you depend on cortisol to keep your blood sugar steady and cortisol activates the conversion of protein to sugar and fat and so you've destroyed a big part of the protein that you've just eaten. I've seen people who were eating a couple of pounds of meat a day who were having signs of protein deficiency and getting fat. So to handle the protein efficiently you need the glucose to make sure that your insulin isn't lowering your blood sugar, you need either glucose or fructose to steady your blood sugar. And the fat does several things. The saturated fat works with fructose and insulin to handle your oxidation of the glucose and the fat also slows the absorption so that you don't get a surge of glucose in your blood when you, say, have coffee with sugar. And the coffee, like the glucose, stimulates your metabolic rate and both of those, by increasing your metabolic rate, are going to increase your general nutritional requirements: minerals and all of the vitamins have to be adequate and if you don’t substitute the sugar for things like fruit, milk, cheese, shellfish, eggs and so on, then you will very likely become deficient in biotin and Vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid, selenium and copper are things that are among the first to become deficient if you try to run on too much coffee and sugar and not enough food"

-Ray Peat

Jem Oz

I'm interested to see how you get on @Pieter. Keep us posted. Are you trying IF just as a way to limit cals, or for other reasons?

OP
Pieter

Pieter

I'm interested to see how you get on @Pieter. Keep us posted. Are you trying IF just as a way to limit cals, or for other reasons?
My main reasoning was to optimize fat burning hormones I havent host any weight in the last 7days. Im still at 90kg this morning. But ive been trying different strategies. So this first week was more of a test run. My protocol for this coming week is going to be. Upon waking 500ml water with some ACV then my black coffee. 2hours later another coffee and so on untill 13:00 where I beak my fast. Supplements I know take with my food as some one actually mentioned I should do on this thread and I find it actualy improves efficacy of supplements. Going to take p5p only maybe twice this week it started to cause I think you call it peripheral neuropathy. Sticking with my magnesium chloride, msm and niacinamide though.

Ive noticed that if i stop eating at say 19:00 I generally feel like I can eat something later that evening (i dont eat anything though) but what ive noticed is that I need much less sleep and I wake up with more energy which is big for me.

For exersise ive been walking briskly for about an 45min. Want to start training with body weight this week.

ilikecats

@Pieter yeah I’d stick with 5-10mg maybe even less. thats the dose ray recommend and that for the b6 Hcl version. The p5p should be more potent but people say it doesn’t have the risk of PN but that doesn’t seem to be true.

Jsaute21

I am sure fasting benefits certain people, but i don't quite understand how folks don't think this shuts down metabolism at all or induces ketosis via the randall cycle. Maybe @haidut can weigh in. I personally did not feel good when i fasted years ago. I was not PUFA depleted yet, and still was probably under eating a bit, but it did not make me feel good. My free T was extremely high, but it did not result in any favorable behavioral traits. In fact, i felt kind of bad. RP is probably the only man in the free world that does not think free T is a sign of health; from my experience, he is right yet again.

Wagner83

I am sure fasting benefits certain people, but i don't quite understand how folks don't think this [...] induces ketosis via the randall cycle.
I don't think they doubt it, in fact this is one of the reasons they lose fat and look forward to it afaik.

Jem Oz

I remember a fasting thread from a few months back - I was surprised by the number of people on this forum who were fans. I think it's one of those things that has a foothold in our culture, even in the face of widespread knowledge that stress hormones are high upon waking.

Jsaute21

I don't think they doubt it, in fact this is one of the reasons they lose fat and look forward to it afaik.
You are saying that "fasters" are trying to induce ketosis? I hate to make limiting stereotypes, but this leads me to believe that these folks just don't know their bodies well yet. I remember feeling really good temporarily from fasting, eating low carb etc. Stress hormone city, and it makes you feel almost euphoric temporarily. Than all of a sudden you can't handle caffeine, libido goes bye bye, athleticism downgrades etc. Everybody has a different body/appetite, and i am definitely not starving as soon as i wake up, so i get drinking some coffee/milk or cream/sugar/gelatin for the first 3 hours out of your day. In fact ,i do it often. But i would not do well with no calories for 4-5 hours after i woke up. I would be doing the opposite of listening to my body.

MatheusPN

I wonder what vegetarians and vegans think about autophagy.

Autocannibalism, autophagy is unavoidable to maintain robustness
I wonder: what a sensate vegan can say different in relation to a sensate Scavenger/ Omnivore?

Since peating I eat increasingly, two times more calories (2750/3500 to 6500/7000) to maintain the same weight! So is curious how the results of Pieter are different

Last edited:

Jsaute21

I wonder: what a sensate vegan can say different in relation to a sensate Scavenger/ Omnivore?

Since peating I eat increasingly, two times more calories (2750/3500 to 6500/7000) to maintain the same weight! So is curious how the results of Pieter are different
Yep, same boat. I encountered a brief period of initial weight gain, which for me was truly the first time i had been above 10% BF since i was probably 3 years old. It took me 1-2 months to burn it off, once metabolism improved. Now, my coworkers and friends actually get pissed at how lean i am drinking 3 cokes a day, eating corn tortillas, cheese, and dark chocolate. I tell them that my diet is healthy. They don't believe it. They prefer raw veggies and nuts. Amazing how far off common perception is.

Wagner83

That's a lot, how much fat and proteins do you eat if I may ask?
Yep, same boat. I encountered a brief period of initial weight gain, which for me was truly the first time i had been above 10% BF since i was probably 3 years old. It took me 1-2 months to burn it off, once metabolism improved. Now, my coworkers and friends actually get pissed at how lean i am drinking 3 cokes a day, eating corn tortillas, cheese, and dark chocolate. I tell them that my diet is healthy. They don't believe it. They prefer raw veggies and nuts. Amazing how far off common perception is.
I entered a flat and felt it smelt pretty horrendous everywhere, it turns out they were cooking with PUFAs. I wonder how much the mind can make one ignore obvious clues. Do you find you need the supplemental b-vitamins with all the coke you drink?

D

Deleted member 5487

Is there any guys on this forum worried about looking shredded and if so how the heck are you doing it. Ive picked up 13kg in 3months following the guidelines on this forum. I looked good while doing IF and Keto but it tanked my health. Now my health and hormones are better but ive got me a dad bod as they say haha :thumbdown: View attachment 9589
Before and After
View attachment 9590 :nocomment

This morning I weighed in at 90kg.

Today is my first day of getting my body back in shape.
It started like this:
1 X carrot and 1 heaped tsp of coconut oil.
Black coffee with one heaped tsp gelatin.

Supplements I took:
Magnesium chloride 120mg
P5P 50mg
Ashwhaghanda 500mg
Opti MSM 2000mg

Gonna make my first big meal of the day much later.
Wanna keep insulin, prolactin, cortisol, serotonin and endotoxin as low as possible while burning up my body fat stores.:hairpull

How much where you injecting before the second pic? It's like every T molecule converted to estrogen.

MatheusPN

Yeah @Jsaute21, in the same boat; except that this inital weight gain never occurred and we will be until I sink this non-vegan boat

Tranquilly @Wagner83, I eat to the point of my belly resembling that stereotype of a beer-bellied! At least one time a day, the rest of the day when I eat, is just like a 28y beer-bellied
Today I ate 6659 kcal
82% carbs/ 11% fats/ 7% protein at 161cm/ 5.30f 49,5kg/ 109 pounds
152g protein, 85.9 fat of which just 3.6 is pufa and 1440.2 of carbs

For now only looking at people doing construction work, I feel much less hungry, when I did my job I felt much more hungry (Always standing and lifting weights)

Two self-service places, after few months of eating all cooked vegan things displayed, and becoming famous for that, they decided to take some decision against me with cowardice, results: charged more money improperly, I paid the right, normal price and never returned

Last edited:

boxers

I got very lean eating a lot of calories on a low fat diet usually 15%cals or around 30-40g daily

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom