Eye Problems After Starting NDT. Is This An Autoimmune Response?

nikkmm

I started taking 1/4 grain of Thiroyd from pimpom 10 days ago and after the first few days I have noticed bloodshot eyes, dry eyes at night, watery/crusty eyes when I wake up and most concerning - mild eye pain and pressure almost constantly. I know that thyroid eye disease is common with Grave's but I am mildly hypo... is this just a reaction to NDT that will pass? Has anyone else experienced this when starting NDT?

Birdie

What are the excipients in Thiroyd? I checked them once and decided to use another type. No idea if that is the problem in your case.
I used Armour when I first started 20+ years ago. No eye problems noted when starting it.
Am using WP Thyroid now because it looks like the Armour product changed formula again.
Maybe check Stop the Thyroid Madness online. Lots of people discussing different types and different reactions...

I can't remember when exactly my eye problems started (blur, floaters, static) but it only started recently over the summer, I forget if it was before or after starting NDT but I might be having the same problem as you :/. Did you ever get better?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals