Diagnosed With Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Is Vegan The Answer?

Kt400

I'm a baseball player diagnosed with bilateral arterial thoracic outlet syndrome. I don't want to have surgery done. I'd like to figure it out another way. I found this book on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Thoracic-Syndrome-Detoxification-Regeneration/dp/1395005796 basically talking about how going vegan can help repair TOS. I wanted to know what your guys' thoughts are as I've personally seen peoples' pulses improve just by changing to vegan.

TeaRex14

It likely has nothing to do with veganism, but rather blocking fatty acid metabolism via carb based diet. To be even more specific, it's probably closely related to an increase in CO2 from carb based diets.

tankasnowgod

I'm a baseball player diagnosed with bilateral arterial thoracic outlet syndrome. I don't want to have surgery done. I'd like to figure it out another way. I found this book on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Thoracic-Syndrome-Detoxification-Regeneration/dp/1395005796 basically talking about how going vegan can help repair TOS. I wanted to know what your guys' thoughts are as I've personally seen peoples' pulses improve just by changing to vegan.

Well, I have no idea why going vegan would help TOS. If you click on the author (Global Healing), you'll see that they have 82 pages off that book with different titles, all with the same cover, and all claiming that a raw vegan diet can cure or treat pretty much any medical condition you can imagine. So, I don't think that book is all that great a source.

I don't know why you wouldn't start with Pubmed or other testimonials of other people that seemed to treat TOS successfully.

Since it seems to be compression of nerves and arteries, the things I would look into more would be Red Light Therapy, Inclined Bed Therapy, Massage, and other physical therapies (like ART or MAT). Maybe also things like Vitamin E, K2, C, Bromelain, and Gelatin could also be of help, if it's an issue like clotting or with surrounding collagen.

OP
K

Kt400

Well, I have no idea why going vegan would help TOS. If you click on the author (Global Healing), you'll see that they have 82 pages off that book with different titles, all with the same cover, and all claiming that a raw vegan diet can cure or treat pretty much any medical condition you can imagine. So, I don't think that book is all that great a source.

I don't know why you wouldn't start with Pubmed or other testimonials of other people that seemed to treat TOS successfully.

Since it seems to be compression of nerves and arteries, the things I would look into more would be Red Light Therapy, Inclined Bed Therapy, Massage, and other physical therapies (like ART or MAT). Maybe also things like Vitamin E, K2, C, Bromelain, and Gelatin could also be of help, if it's an issue like clotting or with surrounding collagen.

Lol. You sound very sure of yourself... Where are these testimonials? Where's the empirical data that shows that Inclined Bed Therapy even works?

tankasnowgod

Lol. You sound very sure of yourself... Where are these testimonials? Where's the empirical data that shows that Inclined Bed Therapy even works?

Did you even read my quote? I said specifically "things I would look into more," "I have no idea why going vegan would help," and "start with Pubmed or testimonials."

I didn't claim any of those things would work, just that I think they have promise. You asked for thoughts, I thought I would offer what I would personally do. It's your condition, do whatever you want.

OP
K

Kt400

It likely has nothing to do with veganism, but rather blocking fatty acid metabolism via carb based diet. To be even more specific, it's probably closely related to an increase in CO2 from carb based diets.
I dont know what that means. I just know that when you're on a true vegan diet your blood isn't full of plaque or crap so it's therefore thinner and running more smoothly.

You are on the border of being a troll. This is a Ray Peat focused forum and you don’t seem to be interested in learning anything about Dr. Peat’s work or about how we are implementing it. @Kt400

OP
K

Kt400

You are on the border of being a troll. This is a Ray Peat focused forum and you don’t seem to be interested in learning anything about Dr. Peat’s work or about how we are implementing it. @Kt400
please mind your own business and get off my posts... you are annoying and provide 0 value

TeaRex14

I dont know what that means. I just know that when you're on a true vegan diet your blood isn't full of plaque or crap so it's therefore thinner and running more smoothly.
You basically just answered what it means. High carb diets inhibit free fatty acids. This really has nothing to do with veganism, vegans eat high carb lowfat, thus inhibit free fatty acids. CO2 enhances oxygenation on the cellular level, which dilates blood vessels and prevents plaque buildup. Thyroid supplementation also has this effect. Case in point Broda Barnes would prevent heart attacks without controlling people's diet, exercise, cholesterol, or smoking. Essentially speaking, CO2 is the main protector of the heart and the rest of the body. With efficient CO2 you could, in theory, eat donuts and smoke cigarettes all day and still have only a slim chance at getting a heart attack.

TeaRex14

Nope. Some vegans live on avocados and nuts. In fact that is the problem for a lot for them - too much fat.
Yeah, too much fat is a problem regardless if you're vegan or not. Probably worse for vegans though considering they naturally drift towards foods high in polyunsaturated fats. Once the randle cycle becomes triggered a high carb diet loses most of it's benefits. So, anywhere between 5% and 15% of total energy from fat is the safe zone. If you use nothing but coconut oil, you could probably go as high as 20% or 25% without triggering a randle effect, but I haven't experimented at levels that high before. Bodybuilders could probably get away with more fat calories as well, the more muscle you have the more fat you burn, even at resting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom