Dave Aspreys' Quinone Product

Mito

Haidut: “The only similarity is that they are both quinone-like molecules. PQQ is more similar to CoQ10 but I don't think it has the same beneficial effects on metabolism as CoQ10. The research on it is still limited and usually sponsored. Vitamin K blows it out of the water in terms of both effectiveness and price.”

Panquinone - The Successor To William Koch's Ethylenedione

johnwester130

methylene blue is better than coq10

vitamin k is better than coq10

Vitamin K is also extremely light sensitive, and it interacts closely with coenzyme Q in regulating mitochondrial metabolism. For example, mitochondrial Complex-I, NADH-ubiquinone reductase, is probably the most easily damaged part of the mitochondrion, and it is protected by vitamin K. "

"Furthermore, because of its structural similarity to coenzyme Q10, it is likely that MK-7 is a Q10 mimetic with respect to the mitochondria and supports mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production in the respiratory chain."

" Riboflavin
, coenzyme Q10,
vitamin K,
niacinamide,
thiamine, and
selenium
are the nutrients that most directly relate to mitochondrial energy production.
"

Lurker

Ingredients: Purified water, glycerin, caprylic acid triglycerides from highly refined coconut oil (Bulletproof Brain Octane oil), natural flavors, phosphatidylcholine, palmitic acid, oleic uacid, ubiquinone, pyrroloquinoline quinone, gum arabic, xanthan gum. All ingredients are non-GMO, product contains no fillers, dyes or other junk.

No junk other than intestinal irritants. Would not get a thumbs up on Toxinless.

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

Funny a man who cares so much about the smallest minute toxin will put so much crap in his own products

Mito

Thanks Mito. I thought it was from soy lecithin.
That might be what they are using.

IdealLabs MitoLipin contains phosphatidylcholine but it’s saturated. Here is a quote from Haidut in the MitoLipin post “As Ray also mentioned, another approach would be to supplement with saturated phosphatidylcholine (PC), which bring saturated fatty acids directly into the CL and re-saturates it back to its state where it was when a person was first born. It is of key importance to note that in order for this process to work, the PC must be saturated - i.e. consist of lecithin linked to one of the saturated fatty acids, with palmitic acid being the most desired. The regular PC sold in stores is highly unsaturated and will not only lack beneficial effect but may actually be harmful.”

L

lollipop

That might be what they are using.

IdealLabs MitoLipin contains phosphatidylcholine but it’s saturated. Here is a quote from Haidut in the MitoLipin post “As Ray also mentioned, another approach would be to supplement with saturated phosphatidylcholine (PC), which bring saturated fatty acids directly into the CL and re-saturates it back to its state where it was when a person was first born. It is of key importance to note that in order for this process to work, the PC must be saturated - i.e. consist of lecithin linked to one of the saturated fatty acids, with palmitic acid being the most desired. The regular PC sold in stores is highly unsaturated and will not only lack beneficial effect but may actually be harmful.”
Thank you for highlighting this. I am thinking this is where I learned about it potentially being unsaturated. I am currently using Mitolipin.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I think it can be part PUFA but Wikipedia says its usually a combo of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids.
Can you post the wiki link. Phosphatidylcholine is almost definitely either soy lecithin or sunflower lecithin based, so probably does have some pufa

Mito

Can you post the wiki link. Phosphatidylcholine is almost definitely either soy lecithin or sunflower lecithin based, so probably does have some pufa
Phosphatidylcholine - Wikipedia

This phospholipid is composed of a choline head group and glycerophosphoric acid, with a variety of fatty acids. Usually, one is a saturated fatty acid (in the given figure, this can be palmitic or hexadecanoic acid, H3C-(CH2)14-COOH; margaric acid identified by Gobley in egg yolk, or heptadecanoic acid H3C-(CH2)15-COOH, also belong to that class); and the other is an unsaturated fatty acid (here oleic acid, or 9Z-octadecenoic acid, as in Gobley's original egg yolk lecithin).

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Phosphatidylcholine - Wikipedia

This phospholipid is composed of a choline head group and glycerophosphoric acid, with a variety of fatty acids. Usually, one is a saturated fatty acid (in the given figure, this can be palmitic or hexadecanoic acid, H3C-(CH2)14-COOH; margaric acid identified by Gobley in egg yolk, or heptadecanoic acid H3C-(CH2)15-COOH, also belong to that class); and the other is an unsaturated fatty acid (here oleic acid, or 9Z-octadecenoic acid, as in Gobley's original egg yolk lecithin).
@haidut i thought most of the choline supps were PUFA based? this might suggest otherwise?

Lurker

To be fair, it’s extremely difficult to develop supplements that meet the ingredient expectations of this forum. Peat’s own Protest-E (now with soy!) or Ideal Labs issues with DSMO (perceived or otherwise) are some examples close to home.

$60 for 30 servings of relatively inexpensive ingredients seems to be an unambiguous affront on sensibility though.

No_Energy

Haidut: “The only similarity is that they are both quinone-like molecules. PQQ is more similar to CoQ10 but I don't think it has the same beneficial effects on metabolism as CoQ10. The research on it is still limited and usually sponsored. Vitamin K blows it out of the water in terms of both effectiveness and price.”

vitamin k is better than coq10

Vitamin K is also extremely light sensitive, and it interacts closely with coenzyme Q in regulating mitochondrial metabolism. For example, mitochondrial Complex-I, NADH-ubiquinone reductase, is probably the most easily damaged part of the mitochondrion, and it is protected by vitamin K. "

"

Hey guys are those references to K2 specifically or the regular vitamin k ??..

No_Energy

Hey guys are those references to K2 specifically or to the regular vitamin k? (@Mito ; @johnwester130)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom