Daughter bit on the face from dog. Help with scar remedies

nickibee83

Hello all, I’m beside myself at the moment in writing this. My 9 year old daughter was bit on her cheek and under her eye by a friends dog last night. She needed 7 stitches. I’m praying for fast healing so she can be her joyful carefree self again. However I want to try and minimize her scarring as much as possible on her face. Do you have any remedies you recommend for scars? Any and all insight is welcomed I feel overwhelmed in searching. Thank you 🙏🏻

redpanda

Hello all, I’m beside myself at the moment in writing this. My 9 year old daughter was bit on her cheek and under her eye by a friends dog last night. She needed 7 stitches. I’m praying for fast healing so she can be her joyful carefree self again. However I want to try and minimize her scarring as much as possible on her face. Do you have any remedies you recommend for scars? Any and all insight is welcomed I feel overwhelmed in searching. Thank you 🙏🏻
gotu kola cream, nettle, aloe vera.

DrJ

Topical vitamin D reduces keloid scars. It was posted here on the forum somewhere.

Peatful

Hello

Vitamin E
Vitamin E
Vitamin E

Topically
On scar
Wth light massage once stitched desolve

Peatful

Here is a good one imo
Although viscous

Attachments

• 5B8CF7E0-DB7C-4938-BFE1-A37E599CA188.png
    5B8CF7E0-DB7C-4938-BFE1-A37E599CA188.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 28

Peatful

Logan-

High dose vitamin E, mixed in good quality extra virgin olive oil. Topical application.

Peatful

One last thing
Not trying to correct but encourage or support

Although this is a huge deal to us moms

When addressing her
When applying the vitamin
When gently massaging
Remind her that this works
And everything is gonna be ok

Everything will be ok!

It takes time

But the bigger scar will be her fear of dogs moreso than the scar on her face

Reach out anytime

I’ve been there!

My first choice would be Manuka honey. Here is my second degree burn from last year in late June, that healed with the scab falling off at around five weeks. I used Manuka honey in the beginning and a little Progest-E for any pain, and continued the Progest-E for the scarring for a couple more months and I have no scar from it.

“Many studies have found that sucrose is less fattening than starch or glucose, that is, that more calories can be consumed without gaining weight. During exercise, the addition of fructose to glucose increases the oxidation of carbohydrate by about 50% (Jentjens and Jeukendrup, 2005). In another experiment, rats were fed either sucrose or Coca-Cola and Purina chow, and were allowed to eat as much as they wanted (Bukowiecki, et al, 1983). They consumed 50% more calories without gaining extra weight, relative to the standard diet. Ruzzin, et al. (2005) observed rats given a 10.5% or 35% sucrose solution, or water, and observed that the sucrose increased their energy consumption by about 15% without increasing weight gain. Macor, et al. (1990) found that glucose caused a smaller increase in metabolic rate in obese people than in normal weight people, but that fructose increased their metabolic rate as much as it did that of the normal weight people. Tappy, et al. (1993) saw a similar increase in heat production in obese people, relative to the effect of glucose. Brundin, et al. (1993) compared the effects of glucose and fructose in healthy people, and saw a greater oxygen consumption with fructose, and also an increase in the temperature of the blood, and a greater increase in carbon dioxide production.

These metabolic effects have led several groups to recommend the use of fructose for treating shock, the stress of surgery, or infection (e.g., Adolph, et al., 1995).“ -Ray Peat

“Peroxide is naturally present in raw honey.
Hydrogen peroxide is an antibacterial substance that is sold in pharmacies. It is made naturally in honey by an enzyme called glucose oxidase, which is added to the plant nectar by bees.

Glucose oxidase is not active in full strength honey because of the honey’s high acidity. However, when the honey is diluted (for example by the release of body fluids from a wound) the honey becomes less acid, the enzyme becomes active, and hydrogen peroxide is produced.

Honey contains plant-derived factors
Some honeys have antibacterial action that appears to be caused by phytochemicals that are found naturally in the nectar that the bees collect. For example, honey made from the flowers of New Zealand’s mānuka trees seems to be particularly powerful at killing bacteria.

Methylglyoxal is thought to be the major contributor to mānuka honey’s non-peroxide antibacterial activity. The antibacterial activity of mānuka honey is graded and given a 'UMF" number — the Unique Mānuka Factor. You can look at some of the early research that contributed to this identification of the UMF compund in Hunting for honey's healing power.”

https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/resources/1702-how-honey-heals-wounds#:~:text=Honey%20produces%20hydrogen%20peroxide,of%20the%20honey's%20high%20acidity.

1698845102270.jpeg

1698845115349.jpeg

1698845131024.jpeg

“Hypertonic solutions, containing more than the normal concentration of sodium (from about twice normal to 8 or 10 times normal) are being used to rescuscitate people and animals after injury. Rather than just increasing blood volume to restore circulation, the hypertonic sodium restores cellular energy production, increasing oxygen consumption and heat production while reducing free radical production, improves the contraction and relaxation of the heart muscle, and reduces inflammation, vascular permeability, and edema.

Seawater, which is hypertonic to our tissues, has often been used for treating wounds, and much more concentrated salt solutions have been found effective for accelerating wound healing (Mangete, et al., 1993).” -Ray Peat

“Sucrose (and sometimes honey) is increasingly being used to reduce pain in newborns, for minor things such as injections (Guala, et al., 2001; Okan, et al., 2007; Anand, et al., 2005; Schoen and Fischell, 1991). It's also effective in adults. It acts by influencing a variety of nerve systems, and also reduces stress.” -Ray Peat

“During the healing of a wound in a diabetic individual, the local concentration of glucose decreases and then entirely disappears, as healing stops. Applying glucose and insulin topically to the wound, it heals quickly. The very old practice of treating deep wounds with honey or granulated sugar has been studied in controlled situations, including the treatment of diabetic ulcers, infected deep wounds following heart surgery, and wounds of lepers. The treatment eradicates bacterial infections better than some antiseptics, and accelerates healing without scarring, or with minimal scarring. The sugar regulates the communication between cells, and optimizes the synthesis of collagen and extracellular matrix.“ -Ray Peat

“One way of looking at aging is that it’s a failure of regeneration or healing, related to changes in the nature of inflammation.

In childhood, wounds heal quickly, and inflammation is quickly resolved; in extreme old age, or during extreme stress or starvation, wound healing is much slower, and the nature of the inflammation and wound closure is different. In the fetus, healing can be regenerative and scarless, for example allowing a cleft palate to be surgically corrected without scars (Weinzweig, et al., 2002).“ -Ray Peat

“The activity of manuka honey has been tested against a diverse range of microbes, particularly those that cause wound infections, and it inhibits problematic bacterial pathogens, including superbugs that are resistant to multiple antibiotics.

Manuka honey can also disperse and kill bacteria living in biofilms (communities of microbes notoriously resistant to antibiotics), including ones of Streptococcus (the cause of strep throat) and Staphylococcus (the cause of Golden staph infections).

Crucially, there are no reported cases of bacteria developing resistance to honey, nor can manuka or other honey resistance be generated in the laboratory.”

Peatful

My first choice would be Manuka honey. Here is my second degree burn from last year in late June, that healed with the scab falling off at around five weeks. I used Manuka honey in the beginning and a little Progest-E for any pain, and continued the Progest-E for the scarring for a couple more months and I have no scar from it.

“Many studies have found that sucrose is less fattening than starch or glucose, that is, that more calories can be consumed without gaining weight. During exercise, the addition of fructose to glucose increases the oxidation of carbohydrate by about 50% (Jentjens and Jeukendrup, 2005). In another experiment, rats were fed either sucrose or Coca-Cola and Purina chow, and were allowed to eat as much as they wanted (Bukowiecki, et al, 1983). They consumed 50% more calories without gaining extra weight, relative to the standard diet. Ruzzin, et al. (2005) observed rats given a 10.5% or 35% sucrose solution, or water, and observed that the sucrose increased their energy consumption by about 15% without increasing weight gain. Macor, et al. (1990) found that glucose caused a smaller increase in metabolic rate in obese people than in normal weight people, but that fructose increased their metabolic rate as much as it did that of the normal weight people. Tappy, et al. (1993) saw a similar increase in heat production in obese people, relative to the effect of glucose. Brundin, et al. (1993) compared the effects of glucose and fructose in healthy people, and saw a greater oxygen consumption with fructose, and also an increase in the temperature of the blood, and a greater increase in carbon dioxide production.

These metabolic effects have led several groups to recommend the use of fructose for treating shock, the stress of surgery, or infection (e.g., Adolph, et al., 1995).“ -Ray Peat

“Peroxide is naturally present in raw honey.
Hydrogen peroxide is an antibacterial substance that is sold in pharmacies. It is made naturally in honey by an enzyme called glucose oxidase, which is added to the plant nectar by bees.

Glucose oxidase is not active in full strength honey because of the honey’s high acidity. However, when the honey is diluted (for example by the release of body fluids from a wound) the honey becomes less acid, the enzyme becomes active, and hydrogen peroxide is produced.

Honey contains plant-derived factors
Some honeys have antibacterial action that appears to be caused by phytochemicals that are found naturally in the nectar that the bees collect. For example, honey made from the flowers of New Zealand’s mānuka trees seems to be particularly powerful at killing bacteria.

Methylglyoxal is thought to be the major contributor to mānuka honey’s non-peroxide antibacterial activity. The antibacterial activity of mānuka honey is graded and given a 'UMF" number — the Unique Mānuka Factor. You can look at some of the early research that contributed to this identification of the UMF compund in Hunting for honey's healing power.”

https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/resources/1702-how-honey-heals-wounds#:~:text=Honey%20produces%20hydrogen%20peroxide,of%20the%20honey's%20high%20acidity.

View attachment 57682

View attachment 57685
View attachment 57686
This is great

So an ointment of honey with vitamin E and olive oil (which is more vitamin E) to make it spreadable

This is great

So an ointment of honey with vitamin E and olive oil (which is more vitamin E) to make it spreadable
I used Manuka honey straight with no oil. I put on the Progest-E when it first happened though. I then put the honey on it and a bandaid over it for a few days, then when the scab started forming I quit, and let it heal on it’s own and then used the progest-E on it for a couple of months to minimize the scaring. After a shower the scab would get wet and gooey and I would let that air out and dry with nothing on it. ALTERNATING Manuka honey and Progest-E is key and give the wound periods to dry out. The Progest-E is mostly good for pain in the beginning and good after the healing to prevent scarring.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom