Cyproheptadine Use In Hepatocellular Carcinoma (2017)

jyb

Cyproheptadine use in hepatocellular carcinoma

This study was conducted to compare the effectiveness of Cyproheptadine (CY) use in patients with different stages of HCC who received different therapeutic modalities; such a comparison has not been conducted by previous large, prospective, randomized studies. We conducted a cohort study using the Taiwan Cancer Registry Database for analysis. We included patients diagnosed as having HCC from January 1, 2002, to December 31, 2011. The patient cohort comprised those who received different treatments, and we compared patients who received CY with those who did not. In total, 70,885 patients were included, and the mean follow-up duration was 1.95 years. The adjusted hazard ratio (aHR) of all-cause deaths significantly decreased in all stages in the patients who received palliative treatments with CY use compared with those who received palliative treatments without CY use (all P < 0.0001 and aHR = 0.76, 0.80, 0.66, and 0.66 for stages I, II, III, and IV, respectively). Among the patients who received no treatment, CY use alone reduced the risk of all-cause deaths in stages I-IV (all P < 0.0001 and aHR = 0.61, 0.57, 0.54, and 0.52 for stages I, II, III, and IV, respectively). Among the patients with clinical stage I-II HCC (as determined by the American Joint Committee on Cancer) who received curative treatments, CY use did not reduce all-cause deaths. CY use might improve survival in patients with HCC receiving palliative treatments or no treatment regardless of clinical stages.

Cyproheptadine use in hepatocellular carcinoma

InChristAlone

So then presumably it doesn't seem to matter it increases liver enzymes in many people?

Mauritio

InChristAlone

Why wouldn't it ?
Because it reduced the deaths in the study. I had a tiny bit raised enzymes after a year on .5 mg, I have been off over a month and will be checking soon to see if they went back down.

Mauritio

Because it reduced the deaths in the study. I had a tiny bit raised enzymes after a year on .5 mg, I have been off over a month and will be checking soon to see if they went back down.
wow ok let me know when you have your results! i just started taking cypro ..

Mauritio

how went to coming off ? any withdrawal symptoms ?

you should check out this thread / study
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ased-drugs-can-regenerate-damaged-liver.3398/

Edit: just saw you posted there. but anyway do you think the elevated liver enzymes could actually be a good thing ?

Last edited:

InChristAlone

how went to coming off ? any withdrawal symptoms ?

you should check out this thread / study
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ased-drugs-can-regenerate-damaged-liver.3398/

Edit: just saw you posted there. but anyway do you think the elevated liver enzymes could actually be a good thing ?
It's possible the liver enzymes wasn't a bar thing per se. I guess I will I know more when I get another blood test. The withdrawal wasn't very fun, just increased symptoms that I usually have. Anxiety mainly. And worse sleep. My sleep has levelled off again thankfully. Diet seems to be a major cause of bad sleep for me. Which is very individual.

Mauritio

It's possible the liver enzymes wasn't a bar thing per se. I guess I will I know more when I get another blood test. The withdrawal wasn't very fun, just increased symptoms that I usually have. Anxiety mainly. And worse sleep. My sleep has levelled off again thankfully. Diet seems to be a major cause of bad sleep for me. Which is very individual.
thanks , how high did you go with your dosage though? and did you take sth like bcaas to lower the serotonin rebound ?

InChristAlone

thanks , how high did you go with your dosage though? and did you take sth like bcaas to lower the serotonin rebound ?
I never went above 1 mg, I didn't like feeling too out of it the next day. I didn't take anything to decrease the serotonin rebound though I do have BCAAs I am skeptical of their benefit as they are found in dairy which I eat plenty of.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals