Consume coffee AND vitamin E when eating liver?

J

j.

Preventive effect of vitamin E on iron-induced oxidative damage in rabbit.

Koyu A, Ozguner F, Caliskan S, Karaca H.
Source
Department of Physiology, Suleyman Demirel University, School of Medicine, 32260 Isparta, Turkey. ahmetkoyu@tnn.net

Abstract
Although iron (Fe), plays an important role in different oxidative steps during the metabolism of the human body, it can cause free radical damage. Iron ions seem to play a major role in initiation and promotion reactions of intracellular lipid peroxidation. The aim of this study was to investigate if vitamin E has a protective effect on oxidative changes in erythrocytes induced by Fe treatment. Thirty male New Zealand white rabbits weighing 1400 +/- 50 g were used in the study. The animals were divided into three groups. The first group (n:10) was given 500 mg/kg iron-dextran through intraperitoneal (ip) injection. The second group was given 500 mg/kg iron-dextran+100 mg/kg vitamin E(ip). The third group constituted the control group and received a saline solution injection. The activities of erythrocyte antioxidant enzymes; Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), Glutatione peroxidase (GSH-Px), Catalase (CAT) and Malondialdehyde (MDA) level, an indicator of lipid peroxidation, were determined. Erythrocyte SOD, GSH-Px and CAT activities were decreased and MDA level was increased in iron-dextran treated animals compared to the control group (P < 0.05). The activities of the three antioxidant enzymes were increased and MDA level was decreased in iron-dextran and vitamin E treated group compared to the control group (P < 0.05). Our data indicate that lipid peroxidation occurs after iron overload in the blood. In the light of our findings, vitamin E administration can prevent the toxic oxidative effects induced by iron-dependent free radical damage in erythrocytes.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Herbie Have you noticed that carbs are the most difficult macro to consume? Diet 45
A How To Consume Brewer’s Yeast? Ask For Help or Advice 5
G Lab Test Shows HIGH Trans Fats But I Consume Zero Trans Fats. How Is This Possible? Blood Work, Labs 2
C Decalcification Purpose: Should Consume Calcium Or Not K 2
RealNeat Nigella Sativa, Only PUFA I Consume With Bliss Supplements 31
ScurveDream You Cannot Digest & Utilize Food, Protein, Etc. -- Everything You Consume Is Worthless Health 64
berk How Do You Know How Much Collagen You Consume? Diet 0
C How To Consume Coconut Oil By Itself Without Tasting Or Touching It Ask For Help or Advice 18
E If You Consume More Than You Burn Shiitake Extract Reduces Body Fat Increase (08-2019 Animal Study) Scientific Studies 3
B Why Specifically Is Alcohol Bad To Consume? Ask For Help or Advice 33
J Best Way To Consume Liver Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 8
Captain_Coconut High Temps And Feeling Well When I Consume Smaller More Frequent Meals Ask For Help or Advice 34
S Gelatin Okay To Consume With Cold Water? Gelatin 2
J Is It Better To Consume More Carbs In AM Or PM? Diet 6
R Has Anyone Else Realized A Metabolic Diet Ulitmatetly Leads One To Consume Primairly Liquids? Diet 15
D Should I Drink/Consume My Bone Broth That Won't Gel Or Dump It &Try Again Gelatin 1
GutFeeling Is Wheat Grass Safe To Consume? Diet 3
Soybean What Information Does RPF Consume? Miscellaneous 1
B Why I Will No Longer Consume Prepacked Fruit/fruit Juice Fruit Juice 28
U Consume The Same Food With Little To No Change, Could Cause Your Body To Reject It Eventually Ask For Help or Advice 23
honeyinthesun Study Shows Infants Do Better On Developmental Tests When Their Mothers Consume More Fruit Science 2
Adnada How To Consume Aspirin Powder Aspirin 24
J Pregnant Women Who Consume BPA Might Have Hypothyroid Boys Health 14
J Do you consume iodized salt at home? Sodium 7
bookshelf Blender Coffee with Egg, including variations Coffee 0
J How does Ray Peat make coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Mr.Cacciatore Carrots salad with Coffee Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
IVILA Coffee Causing Bloating, Burping, Gas Coffee 18
jamies33 My Experience With Coffee After 3 Years Of Daily (ab)use Coffee 5
A Coffee Completely Reversing Flu Symptoms In A Matter Of Minutes? Coffee 5
metabolizm Coffee & Constipation Ask For Help or Advice 8
J Hot Tea > Hot Coffee As Thermogenic Hydration Stimulus Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 0
D Sugar In Morning Coffee Difficulty Breathing? Blood Sugar 10
lvysaur Guy Sees His RBCs Under Microscope After Coffee Coffee 6
R J Coffee Reliably Raises Temp And Makes Me Feel Great Ask For Help or Advice 1
D Coffee,Milk Plus Aspirin And MB Male Issues 2
E Does Coffee Make You Fat And Anxious? Miscellaneous 5
A Would Drinking Coffee Along With Turmeric Inhibit Iron Absorption? Ask For Help or Advice 5
E Coffee Associated With Improved Survival In Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Patients Scientific Studies 0
M Personal Anecdotal Evidence Re: Coffee Consumption And Height Miscellaneous Health Discussions 45
J Quiting Coffee - Decreased Appetite / Mobilizing FFA / Urinary Catecholamine Excretion Diet, Recipes 8
A Coffee Causes Diarrhea Ask For Help or Advice 9
Twohandsondeck Panera Bread Offers 32 Ounces Of Coffee Every 2 Hours For 90 Days For Free Society 1
J Coffee Sourcing Brands & Location Diet, Recipes 3
F Can Coffee Raise TSH? Coffee 1
Light Ice Coffee Slushy - Easy! Recipes 0
Bogdar I Think Coffee Can Produce Other Kind Of Stimulating Effects Coffee 0
A Stinky Farts After Coffee Ask For Help or Advice 1
I High Adrenaline? Wake Up Pretty Warm But Cold Hands And Feet Right After Coffee Or Bf Metabolism 7
Twohandsondeck Making Coffee Even More Pro-thyroid With Seaweed (tasteless) Coffee 0