Community and meaningful activity protects against addictive behaviors

Sam321

Ok guys, real talk. Is the uptick in SIBO, candida, B1 deficiency, suicide, depression, heart attacks, and generalized illness a symptom of our fractured psychies due to poor socialization, empty lives, and lack of meaningful interdependence with other people (majorly due to the inescapable stresses of the modern world)? Given everything I've seen during this lockdown, kinda seems like it.

"Researchers had already proved that when rats were placed in a cage, all alone, with no other community of rats, and offered two water bottles-one filled with water and the other with heroin or cocaine-the rats would repetitively drink from the drug-laced bottles until they all overdosed and died. Like pigeons pressing a pleasure lever, they were relentless, until their bodies and brains were overcome, and they died.

But Alexander wondered: is this about the drug or might it be related to the setting they were in? To test his hypothesis, he put rats in “rat parks,” where they were among others and free to roam and play, to socialize and to have sex. And they were given the same access to the same two types of drug laced bottles. When inhabiting a “rat park,” they remarkably preferred the plain water. Even when they did imbibe from the drug-filled bottle, they did so intermittently, not obsessively, and never overdosed. A social community beat the power of drugs."

"What we want and demand from the world needs to conform to our present needs, not to unconscious, unsatisfied needs from childhood. If distinctions between past and present blur, we will perceive loss or the threat of loss where none exists; and the awareness of those genuine needs that do require satisfaction, rather than their repression for the sake of gaining the acceptance or approval of others. Stress occurs in the absence of these criteria, and it leads to the disruption of homeostasis. Chronic disruption results in ill health."

Lollipop2

One solution that is looking good right now is creating a food forest. These guys are on to something. They help you create a blueprint based on the land available and if you want they help you create it. I will so be all over this in a few years as I don’t have any land at the present moment, but planning on it.

foodforestabundance.com

OP
Sam321

Sam321

One solution that is looking good right now is creating a food forest. These guys are on to something. They help you create a blueprint based on the land available and if you want they help you create it. I will so be all over this in a few years as I don’t have any land at the present moment, but planning on it.

foodforestabundance.com
Thats dope dude. Best of luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals