SSRI Make Organisms Demented, Violent & Homicidal, Even At Low Doses

I wonder if this plays a part in the incredible amount of random, violent crime you see in inner cities. I've been looking for a peatish explanation for that. I know it's somehow related to serotonin but the mechanism evades me.

sladerunner69

I don't think caffeine or coffee irritates the gut too much (although the latter might), but rather too much of either tends to work on similar mechanisms as gut inflammation, so you get peristalsis.

To say that the latter might would conced that caffiene, functionning as the predominant source of caffiene for not just those on the forum but people everywhere, would constitute everyone substantially and equivocally less than optimally... there you see is an issue that must be adressed in all due ahste my friendo.

DaveFoster

To say that the latter might would conced that caffiene, functionning as the predominant source of caffiene for not just those on the forum but people everywhere, would constitute everyone substantially and equivocally less than optimally... there you see is an issue that must be adressed in all due ahste my friendo.
Jesus, man. Proof read that. I had to fumble through that mess.

I get your point.

Jesus, man. Proof read that. I had to fumble through that mess.

I get your point.
haveft thou neever read a book from the 1700s? Thatt be-eft how real americans wrote before the liberals took over and ftandardized fpelling nde grammer.

dfspcc20

Didn't Peat say in a recent KMUD interview that coffee will filter the water to some extent? That is, the coffee grounds absorb some of what's in the water. I don't think he provided any evidence for it, so I'm skeptical.

DaveFoster

haveft thou neever read a book from the 1700s? Thatt be-eft how real americans wrote before the liberals took over and ftandardized fpelling nde grammer.
'Tis truu, but naut for rellevansee, er only lulz.

Luann

The levels of SSRI the crabs were exposed to are likely not much different than levels present in tap water in most US counties. Given the recent campaigns to drink more tap and less bottled water, I am wondering how much of the violent crime we see is simply due to chronic, low-grade SSRI poisoning/toxicity.

I have read that gelatin has iron in it due to the large amount of tap water needed to process it. Would gelatin collect SSRI from the tap water too?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have read that gelatin has iron in it due to the large amount of tap water needed to process it. Would gelatin collect SSRI from the tap water too?

Possibly yes. Contamination of supplements with all kinds of junk is a real issue these days. That's why I prefer taking charcoal 2-3 times weekly instead of eating the carrot salad. Charcoal can clean the system from a lot of that junk, is more convenient and possibly safer considering the carrots form commercial sources would also have SSRI in them.

dand

Possibly yes. Contamination of supplements with all kinds of junk is a real issue these days. That's why I prefer taking charcoal 2-3 times weekly instead of eating the carrot salad. Charcoal can clean the system from a lot of that junk, is more convenient and possibly safer considering the carrots form commercial sources would also have SSRI in them.

Are you taking granular activated charcoal when you do that or the capsules kind that is a bite finer? I think the smaller particle variety is probably only contraindicated to use frequently when people have digestive issues or severe ones.

We ought to reach out to Great Lakes Gelatin about iron contamination. I use it liberally. Has anyone done so?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are you taking granular activated charcoal when you do that or the capsules kind that is a bite finer? I think the smaller particle variety is probably only contraindicated to use frequently when people have digestive issues or severe ones.

We ought to reach out to Great Lakes Gelatin about iron contamination. I use it liberally. Has anyone done so?

I seen to do fine on the capsule brands, but I have the powders as well. I usually take 1 tbsp of MCT with the charcoal caps so that the charcoal absorbs some of that fat and carries it to the gut where it can exert its antibiotic effects.

dand

I seen to do fine on the capsule brands, but I have the powders as well. I usually take 1 tbsp with the charcoal caps so that the charcoal absorbs some of that fat and carries it to the gut where it can exert its antibiotic effects.

Any do you mean 1tbsp of coconut oil? @haidut

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any do you mean 1tbsp of coconut oil? @haidut

Yes, thanks for pointing it out, I fixed the original comment. I use MCT as it has more caprylic acid than coconut oil.

Mito

I usually take 1 tbsp of MCT with the charcoal caps so that the charcoal absorbs some of that fat and carries it to the gut where it can exert its antibiotic effects.
Thanks that’s a great tip. How many grams of AC do you typically take at one time?

dand

Thanks that’s a great tip. How many grams of AC do you typically take at one time?

This is in the forum and Is variable but I think roughly 8-12 capsules is fine , at one sitting, from what I recall.

Koveras

I posted a few studies on the now proven causal link between SSRI use and violent, psychotic behavior.
SSRI increase risk of violent crime

This new study found that the profoundly negative effect of SSRI on behavior is evident even in crabs, and even when they were exposed to very low concentrations of the drug. While the study used Prozac (fluoxetine), the effects span the entire class of SSRI drugs. The levels of SSRI the crabs were exposed to are likely not much different than levels present in tap water in most US counties. Given the recent campaigns to drink more tap and less bottled water, I am wondering how much of the violent crime we see is simply due to chronic, low-grade SSRI poisoning/toxicity. Keep in mind that all processed food is prepared with tap water (unless specified otherwise) and that includes cooked commercial food available in cafeterias, buffets, and "high-end" restaurants.
Finally, as you can see from the study, the researchers have no problems establishing a causal link between serotonin and aggression (at least in non-human organisms). So much for the "happiness hormone"!
I am wondering when this link will finally be publicly acknowledged in humans....

Prozac in the water: Chronic fluoxetine exposure and predation risk interact to shape behaviors in an estuarine crab
"...In Chasmagnathus crabs, Pedetta, Kaczer, and Maldonado (2010) modulated individual aggressiveness via manipulation of serotonin and octopamine levels, where aggressiveness increased and decreased with the addition of the respective hormone. Our results demonstrate similar effects in H. oregonensis. Perhaps fluoxetine, through modulation of serotonin levels, stimulates crab activity levels and drives aggressive behaviors. Fluoxetine's effect on serotonin levels appears to increase boldness and potentially other risk behaviors as studies on other species have suggested (Dzieweczynski & Hebert, 2012; Fong & Ford, 2014; Mesquita et al., 2011; Pedetta et al., 2010; Tierney & Mangiamele, 2001)."

Portland State University | News
"...In a laboratory, the PSU team exposed Oregon shore crabs to traces of fluoxetine, the active ingredient in Prozac. They found that the crabs increased their foraging behavior, showing less concern for predators than they normally would. They even did so during the day, when they would normally be in hiding. They also fought more with members of their own species, often either killing their foe or getting killed in the process. “The changes we observed in their behaviors may mean that crabs living in harbors and estuaries contaminated with fluoxetine are at greater risk of predation and mortality,” said researcher Elise Granek, a professor in PSU’s department of Environmental Science and Management."

Clujul Med. 2017;90(4):420-424. doi: 10.15386/cjmed-868. Epub 2017 Oct 20.
Fluoxetine modulates sex steroid levels in vitro.
Lupu D1,2, Sjödin MOD2, Varshney M3, Lindberg J2, Loghin F1, Rüegg J2,4.
BACKGROUND AND AIMS:
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are antidepressants increasingly prescribed against depression during and after pregnancy. However, these compounds cross the placenta and are found in breast milk, thus reaching, and possibly affecting, the fetus and infant during critical developmental stages. Fluoxetine (FLX), a widely used SSRI, can interfere with estrogen signaling, which is important for the development of female sex organs and certain brain areas, among others. Interference with estrogen signaling can take place on different levels, e.g., by affecting receptor activity or hormone levels. FLX has previously been shown to induce estrogen receptor-dependent transcription in vitro at high concentrations. In this study we set out to assess effects of FLX on estradiol levels in vitro.
METHODS:
FLX was tested using the OECD recommended H295R model, a human adrenocortical carcinoma cell line that is able to produce all steroid hormones found in the gonads and adrenal glands, including estradiol and testosterone. H295R cells were incubated with different doses of FLX for 48h. Subsequently, concentrations of these two steroids were measured in cell culture medium after FLX exposure, using liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry. Aromatase mRNA expression was assessed using qPCR.
RESULTS:
Fluoxetine significantly increased estradiol secretion in H295R cells after a 48h exposure at low, submicromolar concentrations, but showed no effects on testosterone levels or aromatase mRNA expression.
CONCLUSION:
Fluoxetine has the potential to interfere with estrogenic signaling by increasing estradiol secretion at low concentrations, which are relevant for fetal and adult human exposure.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Clujul Med. 2017;90(4):420-424. doi: 10.15386/cjmed-868. Epub 2017 Oct 20.
Fluoxetine modulates sex steroid levels in vitro.
Lupu D1,2, Sjödin MOD2, Varshney M3, Lindberg J2, Loghin F1, Rüegg J2,4.
BACKGROUND AND AIMS:
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are antidepressants increasingly prescribed against depression during and after pregnancy. However, these compounds cross the placenta and are found in breast milk, thus reaching, and possibly affecting, the fetus and infant during critical developmental stages. Fluoxetine (FLX), a widely used SSRI, can interfere with estrogen signaling, which is important for the development of female sex organs and certain brain areas, among others. Interference with estrogen signaling can take place on different levels, e.g., by affecting receptor activity or hormone levels. FLX has previously been shown to induce estrogen receptor-dependent transcription in vitro at high concentrations. In this study we set out to assess effects of FLX on estradiol levels in vitro.
METHODS:
FLX was tested using the OECD recommended H295R model, a human adrenocortical carcinoma cell line that is able to produce all steroid hormones found in the gonads and adrenal glands, including estradiol and testosterone. H295R cells were incubated with different doses of FLX for 48h. Subsequently, concentrations of these two steroids were measured in cell culture medium after FLX exposure, using liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry. Aromatase mRNA expression was assessed using qPCR.
RESULTS:
Fluoxetine significantly increased estradiol secretion in H295R cells after a 48h exposure at low, submicromolar concentrations, but showed no effects on testosterone levels or aromatase mRNA expression.
CONCLUSION:
Fluoxetine has the potential to interfere with estrogenic signaling by increasing estradiol secretion at low concentrations, which are relevant for fetal and adult human exposure.

Wow, not surprised but thanks for that link. I know a few women who quickly got breast lumps after being put on an SSRI. Their doctors shot down the connection but the one who later on started on a progesterone-only BC pill had hers disappeared while the others had theirs growing until one by one they all stopped the SSRI and the lumps disappeared. The doctors just said it was an "abnormal drug sensitivity". I will send them this study.

Mito

That's why I prefer taking charcoal 2-3 times weekly instead of eating the carrot salad.
Do you typically use the granular charcoal (similar to Heath Natura’s product) or the powder type?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you typically use the granular charcoal (similar to Heath Natura’s product) or the powder type?

I use capsules that I but from the local grocery store. They seem to work well so far.

zewe

I loathe these drugs.

Does anyone remember the article from around 2005, in the Guardian, titled, "Everyone Stay Calm There's Prozac in the Water!" ?

Not only can they cause violent behavior, they also damage your mitochondria.....which can cause a multitude of diseases. See my posts at:
Cyclobenzaprine For CFS -- But I Have High Serotonin Already!

Last edited: