Assorted news

Beatrix_

Very nice, thanks for posting it! It deserves an in-depth reading, which I plan to do later today.

View attachment 57687

GC-MS based comparative metabolomic analysis of human cancellous bone reveals the critical role of linoleic acid metabolism in femur head necrosis

Abstract
Introduction

Femur head necrosis (FHN) is a challenging clinical disease with unclear underlying mechanism, which pathologically is associated with disordered metabolism. However, the disordered metabolism in cancellous bone of FHN was never analyzed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS).

Objectives
To elucidate altered metabolism pathways in FHN and identify putative biomarkers for the detection of FHN.

Methods
We recruited 26 patients with femur head necrosis and 22 patients with femur neck fracture in this study. Cancellous bone tissues from the femoral heads were collected after the surgery and were analyzed by GC-MS based untargeted metabolomics approach. The resulting data were analyzed via uni- and multivariate statistical approaches. The changed metabolites were used for the pathway analysis and potential biomarker identification.

Results
Thirty-seven metabolites distinctly changed in FHN group were identified. Among them, 32 metabolites were upregulated and 5 were downregulated in FHN. The pathway analysis showed that linoleic acid metabolism were the most relevant to FHN pathology. On the basis of metabolites network, L-lysine, L-glutamine and L-serine were deemed as the junctions of the whole metabolites. Finally, 9,12-octadecadienoic acid, inosine, L-proline and octadecanoic acid were considered as the potential biomarkers of FHN.

Conclusion
This study provides a new insight into the pathogenesis of FHN and confirms linoleic acid metabolism as the core.

View attachment 57689
It turns out that the interpretation of the findings is that the upregulated substances have a protective effect.
Linoleic acid is considered the main source of stearic acid beneficial for osteogenesis.
Most of the linked references are free to download.

4 Discussion
Based on the pathway analysis and the enrichment anlalysis, we confirmed the importance of linoleic acid metabolism in FHN bone. Linoleic acid is a doubly unsaturated fatty acid, also known as an omega-6 fatty acid, existing widely in plant glycosides. Its metabolism was related to a lot of important biological processes, including osteogenic differentiation, adipogenesis and stem cell aging. According to the study of Yuan S, higher plasma linoleic acid and oleic acid levels was positively associated with bone mineral density and inversely associated with the odds of fracture (Yuan et al., 2019). Platt ID et al.. reported that different linoleic acid might had variable function on bone formation and adiposity in vivo and in vitro (Platt & El-Sohemy, 2009). Besides the osteogenesis, linoleic acid regulate the procedure of adipogenesis. As in the study of Turner PA et al., linoleic acid supplementation was reported to result in enhanced adipogenesis (Turner et al., 2018). The team of Yu C also reported
that linoleic acid significantly promoted lipid accumulation, probably by regulating PPARγ phosphorylation in adipocytes (Yu et al., 2017). In addition, linoleic acid metabolism was one of the most significant pathways involved in the response to the reperfusion after cerebral ischemia (Chen et al., 2023). In this study, linoleic acid metabolism with high impact value was the most relevant pathway with FHN. The change in linoleic acid metabolism might regulate the osteogenesis and adipogenesis in FHN.
It seemed that the candidate biomarkers were some protective metabolites against the bone necrosis. On the basis of metabolite-metabolite network analysis, 3 amino acids, including L-lysine, L-glutamine and L-serine located at the vital junctions of the whole altered metabolites. L- Lysine is an important metabolite which can regulate the bone turnout. Poly-L-lysine, with its highly biocompatible molecules, is commonly used as pseudobiomaterials to induce osteogenesis (Izumiya et al., 2021) and to facilitate bone defect regeneration (Tao et al., 2022). L-Glutamine is nonessential amino acid that can become conditionally essential under stress conditions (Dos Santos et al., 2017). It is used to support osteoblast differentiation and bone development (Sharma et al., 2021). A constant supply of glutamine was required for bone-forming osteoblast and bone-resorbing osteoclast cells (Srivastava et al., 2022). L-serine is a multifunctional molecule in many metabolic processes, such as cysteine biosynthetic process from serine, transferase activity and catalyzation of the attachment of serine to tRNA (Overington et al., 2006; Sen & Banerjee, 2007; Yard et al., 2007). O-Phospho-L-serine amino acids have a favorable influence by enhancing the in vitro viability of osteoblasts in these modified materials (Salgado et al., 2019). The changed amino acids in our metabolite network might regulate the osteoclasis-osteogenesis balance in FHN. In this study, some fatty acids, such as arachidonic acid,
octadecanoic acid, trans-9-octadecenoic acid, decanoic acid, heptadecanoic acid and decanedioic acid increased in FHN. Arachidonic acid reduces bone mineral content without impacting bone strength in growing male rats (Mak et al., 2019). It can protect the bone formation by inhibiting osteoclast formation (Kasonga et al., 2019). Octadecanoic acid and hexadecanoic acid could promote osteoblast cell attachment and proliferation (Venugopal et al., 2018). Decanoic acid at particular concentration stimulated the proliferation of human osteoblast (MG63) cells (Venugopal et al., 2017).
Our future work is to verify the key enzymes in linoleic acid metabolism and some amino acids metabolism in FHN on the protein and gene level in FHN.

5 Conclusions
Our findings elucidates the pathophysiology of femur head necrosis. Disturbances of linoleic acid metabolism might be associated with the FHN pathologies. L-lysine, L-glutamine and L-serine located in the cores of all the changed metabolites. In addition, 9,12-octadecadienoic acid, inosine, L-proline and octadecanoic acid may serve as potential biomarkers for FHN.

David PS

So sad. I'm no longer able to access twitter as I refuse to open an account. I used to read jikkyleaks. Censorship is one thing but this kind of harassment is next level stuff.

I do not have a twitter account either. Here in the US (for now), I can view new posts from accounts that I have previously searched. I recently searched for Ivor Cummins and Peter A. McCullough, MD and they are now part of my list. I am adding to my search list from time to time and they automatically appear in reverse chronological order. My search list is quite long and if I start to type a name the list gets much shorter.

I just ignore the request to open an account.

Peatress

I do not have a twitter account either. Here in the US (for now), I can view new posts from accounts that I have previously searched. I recently searched for Ivor Cummins and Peter A. McCullough, MD and they are now part of my list. I am adding to my search list from time to time and they automatically appear in reverse chronological order. My search list is quite long and if I start to type a name the list gets much shorter.

I just ignore the request to open an account.
I take it you are using a smart phone to do this?

David PS

AlaskaJono

@David PS
Yes, I also haven't signed up for X twitter ... . So a link is all I can do, and that is not always functional. There are a few people who post there who I am interested in, but.... the major "Time Suck" factor for this would be non agreeable with my metabolism! More time on the puter.... no way. Maybe in winter, but... . But in another year Elon with have the X wallets with banking capabilities, so all will be like wechat. Maybe then I would join to get away from the "banks" but then if it is on X, it would be another kind of Ponzi scheme methinks.... . X is more or less like TikToc to me. Possibly more interesting, but.... another virtual capture.
Have a great day. Peace out.

Birdie

The usual invigorating comments.

zh-default-avatar.png

12 hours ago
I know hardly anyone who actually gives a **** about taking care of their own health. This is why doctors' offices are flooded & people complain that they can't get in for an appointment asap. So they scarf down some pizza, chips & guzzle their beer cuz 'the system doesn't care'. Such a cop-out.

picture-26277.jpg

12 hours ago

there is a pill to fix all that

giantmeteor2.gif

10 hours ago

Cyanide ?

picture-67900.jpg

10 hours ago

Actually a shot. The kill shot.

Birdie

A typical ZH comment:

"Doctors often overlook B12 deficiency..."

Because nearly of today's "doctors" are over"educated" superiority complex money grubbing Pig Pharma whores who don't GAF about their patients' health, especially when it comes to nutritional remedies that won't line their pockets.

Birdie

FWIW IME there is a cyanide bomb in cyanocobalamin, really toxic :dead:
From what I understand it's minuscule/in some harmless form in the molecular structure and not toxic. I don't remember the explanation but I was impressed. Whether it's of concern or not is a controversy. But one can choose other forms. The Aluminum in the cyano form is another concern. I read that in the UK, hydroxocobalamin is standard.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom