Any Remedies For Shingles-related Headache?

Andman

Dear friends,

my dear old mom recently came down with a bad outbreak of herpes zoster aka shingles - after a few days at the hospital they sent her home with a truckload of expensive NSAIDs (paracetamol, ibuprofen etc.) and we all know those are best used as temporary band-aids, if at all.

So what can i do to help her with the debilitating headaches shes suffering from? I was thinking about aspirin, caffeine, progesterone, cypro - anything else im missing?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

OP
A

Andman

Oh and @haidut , i know youre a busy man but do you have any idea why a doc would prescribe gabapentin for shingles? Am i right in believing that its basically a benzo-like med to keep pain in check?

Thank you!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Oh and @haidut , i know youre a busy man but do you have any idea why a doc would prescribe gabapentin for shingles? Am i right in believing that its basically a benzo-like med to keep pain in check?

Thank you!

Nerve-related pain is known to respond to pro-GABA drugs. Hence the prescription. But usually, just getting the virus under control with something like methylene blue, progesterone, inosine, etc is enough to prevent the pain from occurring in the first place. Viral attacks are a sign of high stress and/or low metabolism. Any cell can produce a viral particle under the "right" circumstances. It is not a coincidence shingles appears in older people - i.e. ones with low metabolism and usually under some form of chronic stress.

OP
A

Andman

Hello folks,

thanks for taking the time to respond! Im happy to report that after leaving the hospital and staying home in a familiar and stress-free enviroment my dear mom is already feeling about 90% better! :) its been def. a wake up call for me to pull my head out of my **** and start applying peats ideas to my loved ones as well as myself!

All the best

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom