Aging - programmed or not

baccheion

Seems programmed and associated with falling melatonin (+ DHEA).

Falling aldosterone with age suggests regression to the sea (more lipids, acids, sodium, calcium, etc; and less potassium, magnesium, zinc, carbs, etc).

D

Deleted member 5487

Acidosis is what ages you.

Starting around 23-25 the kidneys cannot create enough Bicarbonate to deal with modern Diets Heavily Consuming Animal Proteins.

Well documented on @Amazoniac Post here.

Acidosis-->Cortisol-->Wrecking Ball

"
Acid-base balance in the body influences adrenal hormone production of cortisol. When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38]."

"Cortisol activates the tryptophan metabolism pathway which is carried out by rate-limiting enzymes of tryptophan catabolism, 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Cortisol directly stimulates TDO activation and may augment IDO activity indirectly through inflammatory cytokine signaling such as interferon gamma [49,50]. Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

"Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance. Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

"Acidosis associated insulin resistance through cortisol activity may result in compensatory pancreatic insulin secretion and higher levels of circulating insulin in the serum, a condition known as hyperinsulinemia." As Travisord would say: [sick]"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I supplement Magnesium and Potassium Citrates on 1: 4.8 ratio. These alkalinze the cells and the citrate is converted into bicarbonate almost entirely.
"HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]."

1 Hair volume trippled(cortsiol tank)
2 Testosterone Went to the moon(cortisol tank)
3 Have an 8 pack( cortisol tank=insulin tank)
4 Skins glows red hot

D

Deleted member 5487

Starting around 23-25 the kidneys cannot create enough Bicarbonate to deal with modern Diets Heavily Consuming Animal Proteins.

"
Acid-base balance in the body influences adrenal hormone production of cortisol. When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38]."

"Cortisol activates the tryptophan metabolism pathway which is carried out by rate-limiting enzymes of tryptophan catabolism, 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Cortisol directly stimulates TDO activation and may augment IDO activity indirectly through inflammatory cytokine signaling such as interferon gamma [49,50]. Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

"Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance. Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

"Acidosis associated insulin resistance through cortisol activity may result in compensatory pancreatic insulin secretion and higher levels of circulating insulin in the serum, a condition known as hyperinsulinemia." As Travisord would say: [sick]"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I supplement Magnesium and Potassium Citrates on 1: 4.8 ratio. These alkalinze the cells and the citrate is converted into bicarbonate almost entirely.
"HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]."

4 Skins glows red hot

So I've read that Peat thinks aging is not necessarily programmed into our bodies - it just happens that regeneration does not happen quickly enough and the system disintegrates. There is no hard 'clock' ticking and then triggering 'destruction'.

I think either case would make sense from an evolutionary perspective?
If an organism would be allowed to live indefinitely, then that would lead to competition with the offspring. And in a competitive environment (i.e. one in which the species is not an apex predator, has limited resources, etc.) it makes sense to strive to evolve and prioritise the offspring at some point.
Even if it's not programmed there is simply not enough incentive to maintain regeneration - even though logically it would seem it should be quite easy - you supply the energy and you get indefinite lifespan. It's aging that's a bit illogical (until you consider the evolutionary pressures).

However, it looks like both of these conditions do not apply to us anymore. We are the apex predator and we do have enough resources. It seems that aging does not necessarily serve it's function very well under these conditions (at least if you look at it from the biological perspective, not e.g. spiritual in which you may need to have an end as being, or 'renewal' at some point).

Do you agree with Peat? Do you think there are possible Peaty interventions beyond diet/lifestyle/supplements that can extend lifespan? E.g. if you theoretically had unlimited capital and scientists at your disposal, would you attempt some sort of a research programme based on Peat principles? (I'm not trying to steal anybody's biotech startup ideas here, I swear)

I think the topic has been discussed previously in general, but perhaps not in the same form.

If that was true / if evolutionary theory had any bearing on actual reality, then wouldn't it make sense that humans would only live until 20 or 30 years old? If lifespan was dictated by this evolutionary pressure, then humans would only live until 20-30, if they had children around when they became adults.

Of course that's not what happens. The point of life isn't to simply reproduce. That's one of the many points where Darwinism fails. Reproduction is important, but it isn't the actual purpose of life. If it was, then we'd just be simple replicators, like ants or grey goo. Obviously, the ultimate point of biological life is actually Living. Living / being alive is the actual "point" of Life, reproduction just facilitates that. Well actually, it enables it to keep happening. Life is the actual point, reproduction is just a key part in making sure it continues to happen.

I do actually think aging is somewhat programmed, but theoretically it doesn't even make sense for evolution to even build in age to somehow help descendents. Going from a selfish gene perspective, wouldn't it make more sense for an organism to live forever, and to be perpetually youthful/vigor/vital? Such an organism would be able to have far more offspring than any competitor. Sure, over certain timespans the environment and species change, and a new kind of animal would need to be created, but that's over 10s of thousands to millions of years.

Thinking in terms of short term selective process's, the longer lived, more youthful animals should basically always be more successful on average than the others.

And in terms of resource competition, that's irrelevant because 1) evolution (theoretically) doesn't have a plan or goals, and 2) resource competition only exists locally and/or for predators. Omnivores (like us) do not and never have had a resource problem, the Earth is and has pretty much always been super-abundant in food and resources. Resources only matter on the micro level, the local environment, and on short timeframes. Really, the only animals that have food problems are super-carnivores and super-herbivores which graze. Besides those, food is not really an actual issue overall, competition is (and theoretically, competition is good, evolutionarily).

baccheion

"

4 Skins glows red hot
What does your CRON-o-meter look like? How much (overall) of all the minerals? Protein? What's the PRAL score? Would it be the same with MgCl and KCl?

L_C

So I've read that Peat thinks aging is not necessarily programmed into our bodies - it just happens that regeneration does not happen quickly enough and the system disintegrates. There is no hard 'clock' ticking and then triggering 'destruction'.

I think either case would make sense from an evolutionary perspective?
If an organism would be allowed to live indefinitely, then that would lead to competition with the offspring. And in a competitive environment (i.e. one in which the species is not an apex predator, has limited resources, etc.) it makes sense to strive to evolve and prioritise the offspring at some point.
Even if it's not programmed there is simply not enough incentive to maintain regeneration - even though logically it would seem it should be quite easy - you supply the energy and you get indefinite lifespan. It's aging that's a bit illogical (until you consider the evolutionary pressures).

However, it looks like both of these conditions do not apply to us anymore. We are the apex predator and we do have enough resources. It seems that aging does not necessarily serve it's function very well under these conditions (at least if you look at it from the biological perspective, not e.g. spiritual in which you may need to have an end as being, or 'renewal' at some point).

Do you agree with Peat? Do you think there are possible Peaty interventions beyond diet/lifestyle/supplements that can extend lifespan? E.g. if you theoretically had unlimited capital and scientists at your disposal, would you attempt some sort of a research programme based on Peat principles? (I'm not trying to steal anybody's biotech startup ideas here, I swear)

I think the topic has been discussed previously in general, but perhaps not in the same form.
Hey there,

My take on it might surprise you. I'm reading a book written 100 years ago (Atlantis, Edda & Bible) where everything 'bad' is due to racial mixing. Basically, out of racial mix comes ignorance and out of that all evil, diseases, forgetfulness etc. The writer says it's a natural law that evil/ignorance is exponentially greater in the offspring of mix racial couple.

That explains massive migration in Europe: mix whites and non-whites= more ignorance. If you want to cure the world of aging, diseases etc the only answer according to this book is to practice racial hygiene. Democratic party teaches the absolute opposite.

ebs

4 Skins glows red hot

What products and how much of each?

meatbag

No spanking for you. You're on your own.
I guess soon we'll all be getting spanked; either by him (sky-daddy) or....him (molten core-daddy). Either way I hope ashera will be there, she's got it goin on
1617747093661.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals