Programmed Aging Myth/programmed Killing Reality

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This myth is so ingrained in our culture that it is one of those things that I find somewhat hard to overcome. It is right up there with PUFA and estrogen in its mythological status. I love any topic that Peat writes about but this one I find utterly amazing. When there is an exception to the rule and someone lives to 100 for example it gets plastered all over the news and we are reminded of what an oddity it is which just reinforces the myth. I currently work with mostly sick elderly people. The one thing that I never understood is how 'noncompliant' people often fared better than the ones who strictly followed doctors orders. A common rumbling you hear amongst medical workers is how 'noncompliant' a person is therefore how are you supposed to help them get better? I now understand that the positive results of being 'noncompliant' directly relate to the simple fact that those who don't follow every doctors order save a little bit of their life each time they refuse a harmful medicine or treatment. It seems more like a programmed killing reality than programmed aging! As soon as a patient enters the door there is an automatic chest xray and the misguided assaults continue unabated. It's no wonder that someone in a compromised state would decline from there. It's always dismissed as related to age, noncompliance, never took care of him or herself etc. I have a feeling a lot of these people would make a turn around in an environment where healing started with a coherent and accurate view of how the human body really works and sensible supportive measures were applied. I don't think living to 100 would be considered so unusual after all.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I must clarify that I no longer believe we are preprogrammed to self destruct and die as conventional wisdom would have us believe. I think it is a lame excuse to blame poor health outcomes on old age when we actively treat people in destructive ways instead of supportive ones. It's hard to watch other human beings decline before your very eyes but when you look in to the medicines and treatments they often receive their steady decline makes perfect sense. I'm not sure I could withstand being bombarded with all of that radiation and poison in such a short period of time let alone if I were consuming a SAD and was 80 years old! The myth is reinforced each day when people get the best 'medicine' has to offer yet they don't get well. If you look closely you find there are some rebels out there that for one reason or another have avoided ' medical science' and they do better than there medicalized peers.

fyo

I agree with you, there is a 'programmed killing', but its in the culture, and not the human. Culture has such a strong influence on people. We need a new culture, one of life, love, abundance, truth and skepticism, attention to self and other.

Its a classic pattern of abusive controllers to cause dysfunction in an environment, and then to blame the victims for their suffering. So in this case, people are dying from a hostile environment, but they are being blamed for their very suffering. If the person believes themselves responsible, then they'll inhibit themselves, yielding to the 'authorities'.

It is amazing how much culture has been successfully manipulated. However, all that chaff can be cut away with the right changes in perspective. They can subsidize corn oil all they want but if people know it to be the poison it is, people won't eat it.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I agree completely. What you see in the microcosm is reflected in the microcosm and vise versa. It's a self perpetuating cycle. There has been a lot of greed and dishonesty that has gotten us into this and I for one plan to do my best to do my part to help break the cycle. Most of what continues to go on is just a continued reinforcement of illusions that people don't know to question. Many people are questioning things though these days and I think it is not a moment too soon. That does give me hope.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been working with a nice lady recently who is a 'patient' at the medical facility where I am employed. She's been having a bit of a rough time and receives what is called TPN for her nutritional needs. This is designed to directly supply her body with complete nutrition and is administered by IV. I let my curiosity get the best of me and read the ingredients on her lipids bag. It contained soybean oil and dehydrated egg yolk. No wonder she is not really improving. It's not my place to speak up about this because it is considered outside my scope of practice but since I get along fairly well with her nurse I did tell her to never let anyone give me that carp. I can't do anything now but I can write about all of this someday in hopes that it will make an impact. Even people who follow mainstream dogma probably would be shocked that the medical idea for supplying lipids is soybean oil. Even before Peat I would have at least wanted some olive oil too!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow. :(

burtlancast

It's not what we don't know that harms us; it's what we do know that ain't so.
- Mark Twain

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
She continued to decline through out the night and so she received oxygen and a chest x-ray per standard procedure. Apparently she felt a little short of breath and had a temperature of 99.1. No one is expecting much because she is 'old' and has a lot of 'comorbitities'. I'm not expecting much because of her standard protocol ' medical care'. She's about RP's age. That tells me all I need to know.

mas

This is the kind of "science" that Peat warns about in his writings. It a a psychological warfare weapon that maintains genetic determinism that I don't believe. The general public sheep will knuckle under and just accept all the diseases that they can pin on them.

New Blood Test Could Tell You How Likely You Are to Die in Next Five Years

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03 ... ive-years/

The fraudulent system keeps rolling on.

Megin

Dayman

Yes I agree it's messed up.
This discussion has reminded me an audio book by Dr Mario Martinez called the mind-body code.
He talks about how he believes culture creates disease. Check it out.
Some of you may find it a bit woo woo.

himsahimsa

All of you guys, your perspective on the "medical" and "food" supply industries is entirely too rosy.

Organophosphate + PUFA is soma. Except its irreversible. But so what? It's only your personal brain that thinks your personal brain is worth so damn much. What a conceit.

And anyway, consumers live entirely too long as it is. Why should they live beyond their "Productive Years". 40 was pretty much perfect, work hard, drop fast, not so much whining. Older consumers are just a drain and besides, they remember when things were different, and then have the nerve to tell young consumers about it, and that disrupts the harmony of society. How can you effectively breed entire generation of consumers to believe there is no problem with the idea of "Fat Free Sour Cream" for instance, with old consumers around saying "How can you have sour cream without cream? And cream without fat? What, are you crazy?"

Age segregation has worked pretty well but has its limits. At least dementia will shut some of them up, praise the lord and pass the organophosphate.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I was working with a nice elderly woman who you could tell had lived a long, enjoyable and productive life. Now toward the end she is tired and would just like to set back, relax and in her words "let nature take it's course." Unfortunately her family just can't come to grips with this and are pressuring her to go to extreme measures to prolong her life. She is reluctantly half a** going along with their wishes. One of those wishes is for her to sleep with a CPAP due to elevated CO2. She just hates it! She does feel short of breath at night so I suggested she raise the head of her bed to help with this issue. She was dumbfounded by the fact that no one had suggested that before. It's sad to see people realize that the medical system they trusted is such a sham. She is still sharp enough to understand commonsense and that most of the people treating her were not acting with any! All I could say is that sometimes people overlook the simple solutions and get caught up in technology. Often I find myself being polite when I would rather not be. Now that I had won her trust by being one of the only sensible people she had dealt with she wanted to talk with me about her swollen ankles and salt intake. I had to defer to the dietician on that unfortunately. The system is designed to be so segmented into specializations that no one, 'patient' or worker rarely gets a comprehensive view of what is really going on. It seems designed to confuse from the top on down. Just another reason outcomes are so poor. No understanding of adequate nutrition and respiration presents a major impediment to healing. Even without fully understanding cellular function if 'medicine' could just provide optimal nutrition and air the tide could start to turn.

artlange

This is the kind of "science" that Peat warns about in his writings. It a a psychological warfare weapon that maintains genetic determinism that I don't believe. The general public sheep will knuckle under and just accept all the diseases that they can pin on them.

New Blood Test Could Tell You How Likely You Are to Die in Next Five Years

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03 ... ive-years/

The fraudulent system keeps rolling on.
I read the article at the link, and this was what they measured: Four biomarkers — albumin, alpha-1-acid glycoprotein, citrate and the size of low-density lipoprotein particles — indicated an overall weakness of the body. These molecules can present in any person’s blood, but the sheer volume made researchers take note.
I'm not sure what is going on when people have (probably) a high number for these four biomarkers. As a petarian, I'm interested in finding out what causes people to die, so I can alter my nutrition to avoid whatever causes these biomarkers to be high.

artlange

I found a Forbes article and it had more info
https://www.forbes.com/sites/melani...predict-if-youll-die-in-5-years/#539606965ea9

The four biomarkers that predicted a high risk of death were:

1. Higher than normal levels of Alpha-1-acid glycoprotein, which is linked with inflammation and response to infection.
  2. Decreased levels of the protein albumin, which transports nutrients, hormones and proteins in the bloodstream.
  3. Lower than normal levels of very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) particle size, which doctors consider “very bad” cholesterol.
  4. Higher than normal levels of citrate, a metabolic compound.

Study participants in whom all four biomarkers were out of whack were 5 times more likely to die within 5 years compared to those with normal readings.

Some doctors. won't use this test just because of #3.