Ibutamoren (MK-677) Can Now Be Prescribed In Hong Kong

RisingSun

Ibutamoren, the research chemical developed by Merck laboratories in the late 90s, can now be prescribed by specialized doctors in Hong Kong SAR for conditions ranging from muscle wasting disease, short stature, to chronic kidney disease.

I have now been prescribing it to my patients as part of a trial program for the last 6 months (some of whom were already using it off-label) at the anti-aging clinic we run on the island.
Most of them are obviously not suffering from any of the above conditions, but rather using it for tissue regeneration and increased energy in lieu of rHGH injections.

I have to say the results are nothing short of amazing, as the clients report:
- decrease of joint pain
- increased appetite (especially for the older folks where this is lacking)
- increased libido
- increased muscle gain (although it looks like mostly water retention)

We partner with a lab that has a pharmaceutical-grade product, luckily enough based in Hong Kong as well.
They have a website if any of you is interested: www.schlobesser-pharma.com

Last edited:

olive

Should be avoided unless one suffers from a diagnosed GH deficinecy (aka pituatory tumour or very old).

Great way to cause insulin resistance otherwise.

Messing with ghrelin isn’t a game. It interacts with the CLOCK gene. Circadian rhythm is best left alone unless necessary.

There is no benefit to MK-677 unless one is already deficient (rare) apart from increased appetite by messing with pathways no one has any business messing with. There’s safer ways to stimulate appetite.

Growth hormone (even at massive doses that MK-677 will never be able to achieve) has never caused muscle gain. It’s simply not anabolic in any shape or form, don’t let the bodybuilding rumours fool you. It’s the insulin abuse that lets them grow like weeds, not the GH.

Here’s some info:
Supraphysiological dose of Growth Hormone and IGF-1 does NOT cause muscle hypertrophy and is not beneficial at all.. According to these thorough studies. : PEDsR

Tom K

IGF 1 is involved oin every stage of cancer. If it worked as well as stated it is not worthy of use.

Jpkoepse

Should be avoided unless one suffers from a diagnosed GH deficinecy (aka pituatory tumour or very old).

Messing with ghrelin isn’t a game. It interacts with the CLOCK gene. Circadian rhythm is best left alone unless necessary.

There is no benefit to MK-677 unless one is already deficient (rare) apart from increased appetite by messing with pathways no one has any business messing with. There’s safer ways to stimulate appetite.

Growth hormone (even at massive doses that MK-677 will never be able to achieve) has never caused muscle gain. It’s simply not anabolic in any shape or form, don’t let the bodybuilding rumours fool you. It’s the insulin abuse that lets them grow like weeds, not the GH.

Here’s some info:
Supraphysiological dose of Growth Hormone and IGF-1 does NOT cause muscle hypertrophy and is not beneficial at all.. According to these thorough studies. : PEDsR

I'd have to respectfully disagree regarding the muscular effects. Certain people (myself included) respond very well to MK. I am pretty sure there is a good amount of literature on it as well showing significant increases in LBM. However I will say, the grogginess and high blood pressure are not to be understated. Disclaimer, I've used it in combination with other anabolic substances.

OP
R

RisingSun

Here’s some info:

I don’t recommend or prescribe the use of Ibutamoren on this forum.
Just letting the info out that it’s now available legally through trusted sources for those who desire.

As for « getting fooled by bodybuilding rumours », I work on a daily basis with bodybuilders in my endocrinology practice, so I can hear first-hand what they report, not through rumour.
Now whether or not their anecdotal reports match the studies, that’s another debate, and an irrelevant one in my practice.

Tom K

If you work with bodybuilders you know the bro science they employ, rendering your milk toast mia culpa worthless. Hormone replacement therapy to physiological levels is drastically different and a far cry from the enormous amount of drugs taken by today's bodybuilder. Everyone should be free to do whatever they choose with their body. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Jpkoepse

Last edited:

Jpkoepse

If you work with bodybuilders you know the bro science they employ, rendering your milk toast mia culpa worthless. Hormone replacement therapy to physiological levels is drastically different and a far cry from the enormous amount of drugs taken by today's bodybuilder. Everyone should be free to do whatever they choose with their body. But don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

What is your argument here? That the only people that have success with MK are bodybuilders and their perceived success with it is only due to their anabolic use?

Tom K

Nutrition, insulin, IGF-1 metabolism and cancer risk: a summary of epidemiological evidence. - PubMed - NCBI
Epidemiological evidence is accumulating and suggests that the risk of cancers of the colon, pancreas, endometrium, breast and prostate are related to circulating levels of insulin, IGF-1, or both. Nutritional energy balance, macronutrient composition of the diet and physical activity levels appear to be major determinants of...............

The role of the insulin-like growth factor-1 system in breast cancer | Molecular Cancer | Full Text

There are too many references on PubMed to list

Tom K

My argument is derived from the axioms we were once taught, including, "First do no harm," and "Use the smallest dose that produces the greatest result."

Jpkoepse

High IGF-1 seems to be a bad thing in people with cancer, that is pretty obvious. But in healthy people, it seems like it is pretty well tolerated in regards to supplementing via GH injections or things like MK, no?

Also, RisingSun's original point was that MK is very effective for appetite, increasing LBM, joint health.

olive

High IGF-1 seems to be a bad thing in people with cancer, that is pretty obvious. But in healthy people, it seems like it is pretty well tolerated in regards to supplementing via GH injections or things like MK, no?

Also, RisingSun's original point was that MK is very effective for appetite, increasing LBM, joint health.
There’s zero increase in LBM, the studies don’t differientate water weight (edema) and muscle tissue. Read the link I posted above. There’s never been a report of real LBM increase even on supraphysilogical doses of GH, which MK-677 would never achieve. The excess water weight just messes with renin/aldosterone systems and increases blood pressure. Like I said the only benefit is increased appetite, which can be achieved with safer methods.

T

TheBeard

Ibutamoren, the research chemical developed by Merck laboratories in the late 90s, can now be prescribed by specialized doctors in Hong Kong SAR for conditions ranging from muscle wasting disease, short stature, to chronic kidney disease.

I have now been prescribing it to my patients as part of a trial program for the last 6 months (some of whom were already using it off-label) at the anti-aging clinic we run on the island.
Most of them are obviously not suffering from any of the above conditions, but rather using it for tissue regeneration and increased energy in lieu of rHGH injections.

I have to say the results are nothing short of amazing, as the clients report:
- decrease of joint pain
- increased appetite (especially for the older folks where this is lacking)
- increased libido
- increased muscle gain (although it looks like mostly water retention)

We partner with a lab that has a pharmaceutical-grade product, luckily enough based in Hong Kong as well.
They have a website if any of you is interested: www.schlobesser-pharma.com

Trying it out at the moment out of curiosity.

Same effects, no more no less as the other legit brands I tried in the past, ie appetite, water retention, recovery.

Maybe they indeed have higher purity thanks to better standards, who knows, that’s not something I can taste

Jing

There’s zero increase in LBM, the studies don’t differientate water weight (edema) and muscle tissue. Read the link I posted above. There’s never been a report of real LBM increase even on supraphysilogical doses of GH, which MK-677 would never achieve. The excess water weight just messes with renin/aldosterone systems and increases blood pressure. Like I said the only benefit is increased appetite, which can be achieved with safer methods.
What are some of these ways to increase appetite?

olive

What are some of these ways to increase appetite?
Anything that lowers cortisol. Sufficient micronutrients (mag, b1, b2, etc), cyproheptadine/mirtazipine, good sleep, nature, sunlight, healthy thyroid, etc.

T

TheBeard

Lugol’s iodine application on my forearms produces an increase in appetite for me

Mhtro

I am trying MK677 for the past week and will continue for around 6 month's.
So far I have noticeable water retention (crazy facial bloat) as well as hunger thought the hunger has gone away.

I have seen drastic improvements on sleep quality and some on the quality of my skin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom