Ghost Whipe = Healthy Colon?

Constatine

What kind of tea do you drink? The common green and black varieties?

I find it peculiar youve made headway against SIBO going high starch. Pasta, even gluten free, irritates my gut. Also you eat a lot of chicken, I am assuming mostly breasts and thighs and white meat to keep fat and pufa low? I wonder how you get glycine. It sounds like Peat would say your diet is probably too pro-serotonin with all the starch and muscle meat. Have you tried the strictly juice and milk approach? What were your results there?
Mostly green tea but very high quality organic tea. There's a tea shop I frequent. Over steeping tea is relatively bad for SIBO so tea is a bit tricky. Tea's relationship with SIBO is a little strange so I don't recommend it as a general aid unless someone really wants to give it a try. Tea actually increases total bacteria in the intestinal tract which is just want you don't want for SIBO, and if your SIBO is currently in a bad state tea can make you sick due to this. Yet tea also modulates the composition of gut bacteria in quite a positive way. Thus it is helps on one front but is detrimental on the other. But again my approach to SIBO is to bolster gut immunity as much as possible and not worry so much about starving the bacteria.
Pasta irritates my gut too if my immunity is low, actually most things do. When I was at my worst pretty much everything gave me bad symptoms. I would basically starve myself because I could not find anything I could handle eating. This has happened to me several times before I figured out I was healthiest when I just ate basically everything (aside from pufas). I started a high carb, high protein, medium to low fat diet. I ate 300 grams of protein a day. At first everything made me feel very ill but on just a few days of eating that much protein (via chicken) I began to tolerate everything much better. And better, and better until I felt perfectly normal. So basically eating like a bodybuilder cured my SIBO. For the first month of the diet whenever I ate pasta, or an abundance of chicken, etc, I felt as though I was feeding the gut bacteria and often times it made me feel sick. But nevertheless I felt so much better overall. On the second month I no longer felt sick no matter what I ate.

I was diagnosed with SIBO via hydrogen breath test and boy my numbers were high. So I do know that it was SIBO I cured with this diet and not some similar ailment. Though I want to stress that such a diet might not work for everyone so experiment, but it did work for me.

I did not only eat pasta and chicken, I ate pasta and chicken for one to two meals a day then ate whatever for the remaining meal (sushi, oysters, Mexican food, really anything). So I wasn't likely deficient in anything due to a limited diet.

My diet was certainly not anti-serotonin. But I never had any perceivable high serotonin symptoms on this diet.

I couldn't handle juices for the most part. Anything acidic gave me weird symptoms. I tried milk for a while but it never agreed with me.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Rodent's colleague:
- Healthy Digestion Sign: No Need for Toilet Paper | normalbreathing.org

Mostly green tea but very high quality organic tea. There's a tea shop I frequent. Over steeping tea is relatively bad for SIBO so tea is a bit tricky. Tea's relationship with SIBO is a little strange so I don't recommend it as a general aid unless someone really wants to give it a try. Tea actually increases total bacteria in the intestinal tract which is just want you don't want for SIBO, and if your SIBO is currently in a bad state tea can make you sick due to this. Yet tea also modulates the composition of gut bacteria in quite a positive way. Thus it is helps on one front but is detrimental on the other. But again my approach to SIBO is to bolster gut immunity as much as possible and not worry so much about starving the bacteria.
Pasta irritates my gut too if my immunity is low, actually most things do. When I was at my worst pretty much everything gave me bad symptoms. I would basically starve myself because I could not find anything I could handle eating. This has happened to me several times before I figured out I was healthiest when I just ate basically everything (aside from pufas). I started a high carb, high protein, medium to low fat diet. I ate 300 grams of protein a day. At first everything made me feel very ill but on just a few days of eating that much protein (via chicken) I began to tolerate everything much better. And better, and better until I felt perfectly normal. So basically eating like a bodybuilder cured my SIBO. For the first month of the diet whenever I ate pasta, or an abundance of chicken, etc, I felt as though I was feeding the gut bacteria and often times it made me feel sick. But nevertheless I felt so much better overall. On the second month I no longer felt sick no matter what I ate.

I was diagnosed with SIBO via hydrogen breath test and boy my numbers were high. So I do know that it was SIBO I cured with this diet and not some similar ailment. Though I want to stress that such a diet might not work for everyone so experiment, but it did work for me.

I did not only eat pasta and chicken, I ate pasta and chicken for one to two meals a day then ate whatever for the remaining meal (sushi, oysters, Mexican food, really anything). So I wasn't likely deficient in anything due to a limited diet.

My diet was certainly not anti-serotonin. But I never had any perceivable high serotonin symptoms on this diet.

I couldn't handle juices for the most part. Anything acidic gave me weird symptoms. I tried milk for a while but it never agreed with me.
Constatine! :joyful:

Why would tea worsen an overgrowth?

Constatine

Rodent's colleague:
- Healthy Digestion Sign: No Need for Toilet Paper | normalbreathing.org

Constatine! :joyful:

Why would tea worsen an overgrowth?
Hi Amazoniac it's been a while.
Tea modulates the microbiome in a positive manner typically and improves the bacteria profile (though I have seen one study where tea increased a certain pathogenic gut bacteria) but it also increases total small intestine bacteria by a decent amount: Green tea powder and Lactobacillus plantarum affect gut microbiota, lipid metabolism and inflammation in high-fat fed C57BL/6J mice | Nutrition & Metabolism | Full Text. If I read it correctly it increased total bacteria by 43 percent in the small intestine. I don't know the exact mechanism of action.

Amazoniac

Tea modulates the microbiome in a positive manner typically and improves the bacteria profile (though I have seen one study where tea increased a certain pathogenic gut bacteria) but it also increases total small intestine bacteria by a decent amount: Green tea powder and Lactobacillus plantarum affect gut microbiota, lipid metabolism and inflammation in high-fat fed C57BL/6J mice | Nutrition & Metabolism | Full Text. If I read it correctly it increased total bacteria by 43 percent in the small intestine. I don't know the exact mechanism of action.
Saturazione reappeared after a while as well, were they kidnapping semi-gods?

You made me download a bunch of toxic files from a publication with a slightly toxic title since it was 4% of fluoreaves (and not tea) added to the diet, but at least they made up in decreasing cellulose to match the fiber content. And yet, without the probiotic (dangerous, should be regulated as drugs), it didn't have a significant effect in increasing the type tested (in spite of the differences shown in Fig. 3).

Last edited:

Constatine

Saturazione reappeared after a while as well, were they kidnapping semi-gods?
Put a bag over my head and everything.

"For the total bacteria the mean values of bacterial copies were 8.66 ± 0.38 (control), 8.81 ± 0.53 (Lp), 9.02 ± 0.40 (GT), and 9.09 ± 0.38 (Lp + GT) log copies/g." Green tea plus the probiotic led to a a more significant increases but green tea resulted in more bacteria than the probiotic alone. True it was green tea powder so it applies for at least matcha tea.

yerrag

Green tea as well as oolong tea breaks down biofilm. Is it possible more bacteria is just released from broken biofilm?

Constatine

Green tea as well as oolong tea breaks down biofilm. Is it possible more bacteria is just released from broken biofilm?
It certainly has compounds that break down biofilms (and is a quorum sensing inhibitor which would prevent the formation of biofilms) and green tea can be antimicrobial to various bacteria but as a net effect its relatively prebiotic. The good thing is that green tea only enhances the survival of what is typically considered good bacteria (though there are some exceptions). The results were obtained after 22 weeks so I doubt it was due to broken biofilms. I'm not even sure if their methods of detection would detect the bacteria hidden in biofilms or not, it might anyway. But if dissolving the biofilms could lead to a temporary increase in detected bacteria then such an effect should be apparent within a relatively short period after the study starts and then disappear shortly after, but it should not be apparent at the 22 week mark and to such a degree.

yerrag

It certainly has compounds that break down biofilms (and is a quorum sensing inhibitor which would prevent the formation of biofilms) and green tea can be antimicrobial to various bacteria but as a net effect its relatively prebiotic. The good thing is that green tea only enhances the survival of what is typically considered good bacteria (though there are some exceptions). The results were obtained after 22 weeks so I doubt it was due to broken biofilms. I'm not even sure if their methods of detection would detect the bacteria hidden in biofilms or not, it might anyway. But if dissolving the biofilms could lead to a temporary increase in detected bacteria then such an effect should be apparent within a relatively short period after the study starts and then disappear shortly after, but it should not be apparent at the 22 week mark and to such a degree.
You're right. I didn't read the study, so if the green tea or other biofilm disruptors were being used in the course of time, the biofilm would have long been broken and the bacteria protected by the biofilm would have since been dealt with.

Yesterday, I was surprised so see from my cbc that my wbc and neutrophils had gone up, despite taking 2x50mg doxy for a week. Then I realized that I had been taking oolong tea, ceylon cinnamon,erythritol, and roselle calyx powder - all biofilm disruptors, along with it. That would explain the increase in bacteria, as seen in higher wbc and neutrophils.

Constatine

You're right. I didn't read the study, so if the green tea or other biofilm disruptors were being used in the course of time, the biofilm would have long been broken and the bacteria protected by the biofilm would have since been dealt with.
Well I doubt green tea can by itself clear all the biofilms in ones microbiome, rather it will always be breaking down biofilms whenever you take it, though more biofilms should be broken initially than later on. Nevertheless, especially considering its likely a more gradual process, there shouldn't be a 43 percent increase in total bacteria if it were due to broken biofilms. I'm not sure what percent of the microbiome exists within a resilient biofilm but that number would only make sense if all the biofilms dissolved at once.

Yesterday, I was surprised so see from my cbc that my wbc and neutrophils had gone up, despite taking 2x50mg doxy for a week. Then I realized that I had been taking oolong tea, ceylon cinnamon,erythritol, and roselle calyx powder - all biofilm disruptors, along with it. That would explain the increase in bacteria, as seen in higher wbc and neutrophils.
Theoretically the die off should invoke an immune response. The composition of the microbiome exerts a lot of influence on the immune system so it could also just be the change in microbiome make up. The substances themselves also influence immunity so it could honestly be any number of things.

yerrag

Well I doubt green tea can by itself clear all the biofilms in ones microbiome, rather it will always be breaking down biofilms whenever you take it, though more biofilms should be broken initially than later on. Nevertheless, especially considering its likely a more gradual process, there shouldn't be a 43 percent increase in total bacteria if it were due to broken biofilms. I'm not sure what percent of the microbiome exists within a resilient biofilm but that number would only make sense if all the biofilms dissolved at once.

Theoretically the die off should invoke an immune response. The composition of the microbiome exerts a lot of influence on the immune system so it could also just be the change in microbiome make up. The substances themselves also influence immunity so it could honestly be any number of things.

In a short period, with limited changes done, I would make the assumption that most of the change in the microbiome would depend a lot on the antibiotis and film busters. The prior CBC test, I had lower wbc and neutrophil values, despite being on a lower dose of doxy at 2x50mg for 10 days, and I was drinking oolong tea only as a film buster. I can only attempt to make conclusions this way, but certainly I cannot not make conclusions however imperfect my methodology compared to well-funded studies. But then again, no one is going to this for me except myself.

Perfection is, as they say, the enemy of getting anything done.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

In a short period, with limited changes done, I would make the assumption that most of the change in the microbiome would depend a lot on the antibiotis and film busters. The prior CBC test, I had lower wbc and neutrophil values, despite being on a lower dose of doxy at 2x50mg for 10 days, and I was drinking oolong tea only as a film buster. I can only attempt to make conclusions this way, but certainly I cannot not make conclusions however imperfect my methodology compared to well-funded studies. But then again, no one is going to this for me except myself.

Perfection is, as they say, the enemy of getting anything done.
Why you take erythritol, yerrag? What does it do?
Thanks

yerrag

Why you take erythritol, yerrag? What does it do?
Thanks
It's a biofilm disruptor for a periodontal bacteria p. gingivalis.

Amazoniac

Put a bag over my head and everything.

"For the total bacteria the mean values of bacterial copies were 8.66 ± 0.38 (control), 8.81 ± 0.53 (Lp), 9.02 ± 0.40 (GT), and 9.09 ± 0.38 (Lp + GT) log copies/g." Green tea plus the probiotic led to a a more significant increases but green tea resulted in more bacteria than the probiotic alone. True it was green tea powder so it applies for at least matcha tea.
Oh, I missed this part, the increase is remarkable, it looks like we have another toxin on board. It inhibits the breakdown of carbs and fats, I don't know for how long it acts, but these animals was forced to consume some with every meal on a diet that's relatively high in fat. They were eating more food and digesting less, so if speed doesn't change, it's understandable that it happen'd. It's to be suspected that it's a non-issue for people drinking tea here and there even on the worst case scenario due to the positive aspects, I doubt that it's a reason to avoid it, but it should from now on be regulated as drugs.

Last edited:

Constatine

Oh, I missed this part, the increase is remarkable, it looks like we have another toxin on board. It inhibits the breakdown of carbs and fats, I don't know for how long it acts, but these animals was forced to consume some with every meal on a diet that's relatively high in fat. They were eating more food and digesting less, so if speed doesn't change, it's understandable that it happen'd. It's to be suspected that it's a non-issue for people drinking tea here and there even on the worst case scenario due to the positive aspects, I doubt that it's a reason to avoid it, but it should from now on be regulated as drugs.
Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world and the Japanese with an average lifespan of about 84 years consume copious amounts of green tea so its at least not detrimental to general health. Just people with bacterial overgrowth problems should be cautious with it. But again as counter-intuitive as it is I actually use tea against SIBO as my approach is to not worry so much about feeding or increasing the bacteria but rather improving intestinal immunity and microbiome composition. Subjectively green tea has helped me overall though too much does harm me. For me its about a balance between avoiding feeding the bacteria and modulating the composition of those bacteria.

yerrag

It's been one week of my having ghost wipes. I'm not using the bidet much, and my use of toilet paper has drastically lessened (per pooping session, that is). But my frequency of pooping has increasing from once to three times per day. All easy poops over in a few seconds. Poop has been solid, but more firm, but of smaller diameter.

I'm nearing a month of using doxycyline, mostly 100mg/day, but had gone to 200mg/day for a week after the 10th day.

I'm sure the doxy has been having a large effect, but there are other factors contributing to this effect as the last time I was on doxy about 10 months ago, I didn't see this effect.

I haven't changed my diet, so it isn't the diet. But I've been taking d-ribose, lactoferrin, ceylon cinnamon, berberine, roselly calyx extract, chili pepper, chitosan, and erythritol, and drinking black tea, all directed towards breaking the biofilm community headed by a dental periodontal bacteria called p. gingivalis. They're not directed towards the gut but at my blood vessels, but the effects on the gut can't be avoided as all these are taken orally.

Satellite

What is your body’s PH level?
You can buy urine tests cheap for this.

After a while you will know based on your digestion. For me, I can digest meats and fats more easily in an acidic state as acid is needed for this.

When my digestion is poor, so are my bowels. My PH levels change depending on my supplements and needs.

Being too alkaline can cause problems also. Ideal is a PH of zero, right in the middle. Here no disease can exist, not even aids.

This also cures cancer, an acidic metabolism. CO2 improves oxygenation making one more alkaline.

So you’re really going down the rabbit hole here. Your PH will change meal by meal, day by day, supplement by supplement and so on.

A general approach would be more practical.

Keep stress hormones controlled. Use digestive enzymes to improve digestion. Use supplements that improve nutrient partitioning. Drink mostly hot/warm water; add vinegar or lemon or lime. This relaxes the lining, freeing up food that gets stuck causing inflammation. Eat plenty of romaine lettuce.

I started taking Idealabs camphor and it’s helping a lot. Enteric coded aspirin helps too.

Oh baking soda and orange juice worked great also.

Some of those alkalize some don’t.

yerrag

@Vinny

I've been having ghost wipes, and this comes with small stools. The ghost wipes don't always happen, but the amount of tissue paper needed is minimal. I'd look at the size of the stool, and the thinner the stools, the more likely I'll have a ghost wipe. If I take activated charcoal once I notice a fatter stool and a no-ghost wipe effect, the next day I'm likely to get a ghost wipe again.

Today, I noticed something else: no white tongue. Wow! This definitely means my gut health, from my mouth to the anus, is not just in good shape. It is in great shape!

It's not enough to take antibiotics to improve gut health. It's important to be taking biofilm busters together with the antibiotics at the very least, or even better to bust biofilm first before taking antibiotics.

Even after this, we wouldn't know if there's much biofilm left. So, taking more biofilm busters one at a time would be a good way to flush out the remaining biofilms. When another layer of biofilm is broken, more bacteria will be released into the gut, and this will cause diarrhea. This is a good sign. The uninitiated will be scared and stop what he's taking, and he's wasting an opportunity to destroy the anaerobic bacteria hiding under the biofilm. But what one should do is to take activated charoal in order to adsorb the bacteria floating around the gut. This will reduce the amount of planktonic bacteria in the gut once again. The diarrhea will stop as once again the gut will allow water to be absorbed into the blood stream again, and with less water in the gut, the stool will firm up once again.

Ghost wipe and no white tongue - they should be signs of a healthy gut, don't you think?

OP
Vinny

Vinny

@Vinny

I've been having ghost wipes, and this comes with small stools. The ghost wipes don't always happen, but the amount of tissue paper needed is minimal. I'd look at the size of the stool, and the thinner the stools, the more likely I'll have a ghost wipe. If I take activated charcoal once I notice a fatter stool and a no-ghost wipe effect, the next day I'm likely to get a ghost wipe again.

Today, I noticed something else: no white tongue. Wow! This definitely means my gut health, from my mouth to the anus, is not just in good shape. It is in great shape!

It's not enough to take antibiotics to improve gut health. It's important to be taking biofilm busters together with the antibiotics at the very least, or even better to bust biofilm first before taking antibiotics.

Even after this, we wouldn't know if there's much biofilm left. So, taking more biofilm busters one at a time would be a good way to flush out the remaining biofilms. When another layer of biofilm is broken, more bacteria will be released into the gut, and this will cause diarrhea. This is a good sign. The uninitiated will be scared and stop what he's taking, and he's wasting an opportunity to destroy the anaerobic bacteria hiding under the biofilm. But what one should do is to take activated charoal in order to adsorb the bacteria floating around the gut. This will reduce the amount of planktonic bacteria in the gut once again. The diarrhea will stop as once again the gut will allow water to be absorbed into the blood stream again, and with less water in the gut, the stool will firm up once again.

Ghost wipe and no white tongue - they should be signs of a healthy gut, don't you think?
I resonate completely with everything you said, yerrag.

yerrag

@yerrag Do you use this (still) as a replacement for sucrose???

It's supposed to be a vasodilator, is it in your case?
I used it primarily as a biofilm disruptor, although most people use it as sucrose replacement. I still have some with me, but I've not been using it lately. I'm not aware though that it is a vasodilator.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom