Why I Regret Giving Hair Loss Advice And A Major Breakthrough

dreamcatcher

My personal experience is that niacinamide helps to stop hair shedding. I only take small amounts, 50mg once or twice a day with food.
Dermarolling is great too as well as red light.
Peppermint essential oil helps to speed up hair growth and is beneficial for alopecia too; I've been applying it to my eyebrows since the last 4 days and I can already see a difference.

xetawaves

I need to do the same. My breathing is always extremely shallow - I just feel like I'm never getting enough oxygen.

I never really feel like I’m hungry for air which is strange to me considering how shallow my breaths are.

Has anyone here tried using sodium bicarbonate internally or topically for hair loss?

JDreamer

My personal experience is that niacinamide helps to stop hair shedding. I only take small amounts, 50mg once or twice a day with food.
Dermarolling is great too as well as red light.
Peppermint essential oil helps to speed up hair growth and is beneficial for alopecia too; I've been applying it to my eyebrows since the last 4 days and I can already see a difference.

Peppermint oil is estrogenic so it's not ideal for men to use.

That's the problem with a lot of plant/herb based options.

dreamcatcher

Peppermint oil is estrogenic so it's not ideal for men to use.

That's the problem with a lot of plant/herb based options.
I found out about peppermint oil from a male member on here. What's the matter with 2 drops of essential oil btw!

xetawaves

Well topical estrogen regrows hair in men, so something estrogenic might be good for hair but not for health.

Elephanto

Funny you say that because I’ve always been a very shallow breather. Especially in my sleep.

I may give the baking soda a try internally. Aren’t there some dangers to drinking baking soda everyday or no?

I've never done it consistently for months, maybe the first month or two back when I started but now only sporadically, really controlled breathing will be as efficient since you'll retain more CO2. Reminds me of a singer whose dad is bald and he had deep anxiety issues as a teenager and the one advice he gave as if it was the most important was that whenever he felt stress he would focus on breathing slowly and the stress went away, now as a nearly 30 years old man he looks very young and has a perfect and very low hairline, he also has a small forehead like his skull presents no sign of calcification or excess growth.

If you drink enough water, probably no problems but the thing is that most baking sodas may contain traces of aluminium, ironically one that I bought which was supposed to be aluminium-free left a metallic taste in mouth so I went back to Arm & Hammer.

Yes, and excess free copper (from copper plumbing, peraphs even organic sources) increases soft tissue calcification, and is found high in prostate cancer (which bald men have much higher risks) and alzheimer. Lack of B6 will also cause copper accumulation. Low zinc/high copper in both prostate cancer and alzheimer, zinc is anti-estrogenic while copper is estrogenic. Zinc inhibits vascular calcification (no study on tissue calcification but probably too by antagonism of copper). That's why for some people, you might have to chelate copper with molybdenum for a while, and then refeed with organic copper (Kale, lamb, etc; not a big fan of liver since it may be high in heavy metals).

JDreamer

Yes, and excess free copper (from copper plumbing, peraphs even organic sources) increases soft tissue calcification, and is found high in prostate cancer (which bald men have much higher risks) and alzheimer. Lack of B6 will also cause copper accumulation. Low zinc/high copper in both prostate cancer and alzheimer, zinc is anti-estrogenic while copper is estrogenic. Zinc inhibits vascular calcification (no study on tissue calcification but probably too by antagonism of copper). That's why for some people, you might have to chelate copper with molybdenum for a while, and then refeed with organic copper (Kale, lamb, etc; not a big fan of liver since it may be high in heavy metals).

Your comments about copper have caused me quite a bit of concern.

I've suspected for a while now that my shower water is loaded with it. At times there has been a sulfur-like smell when I first turn the shower on and an accumulation of an orange-ish colored build-up can always be found on my shower curtains after a few weeks. There was once a leak back behind the wall that was supposedly fixed. Not ironically my diffused hair loss started less than a year after I moved into this place.

As a precaution, while I may wash my body in the shower I always rinse my hair in the sink. Btw my father had prostate cancer. I have Gilbert's Syndrome so my liver is often sluggish and I can't imagine if I'm absorbing excess copper it's helping the situation. Can't forget the amalgams in my mouth as well.

Last edited:

Elephanto

Your comments about copper have caused me quite a bit of concern.

I've suspected for a while now that my shower water is loaded with it. At times there has been a sulfur-like smell when I first turn the shower on and an accumulation of an orange-ish colored build-up can always be found on my shower curtains after a few weeks. There was once a leak back behind the wall that was supposedly fixed. Not ironically my diffused hair loss started less than a year after I moved into this place.

As a precaution, while I may wash my body in the shower I always rinse my hair in the sink. Btw my father had prostate cancer. I have Gilbert's Syndrome so my liver is often sluggish and I can't imagine if I'm absorbing excess copper it's helping the situation.

Sounds bad! Do you at least take Zinc (Picolinate is a good form) and P-5-P to mitigate copper accumulation? You could also get a cheap 24/7 gym subscription and shower at the gym. Also if you were to chelate with molybdenum, it would be better not to wash there in the meantime if you're really absorping copper from it.

xetawaves

Isn’t there copper in all tap water? The water coming from your faucet is no different than the water coming out your shower head.

I’ve read of people slowing their hair loss with copper. I supplemented it for a couple months last year and my shedding slowed down a lot for a while.

JDreamer

Sounds bad! Do you at least take Zinc (Picolinate is a good form) and P-5-P to mitigate copper accumulation? You could also get a cheap 24/7 gym subscription and shower at the gym. Also if you were to chelate with molybdenum, it would be better not to wash there in the meantime if you're really absorping copper from it.

I have Zinc, which I take on occasion but I don't believe it's the picolinate form. Guess I'll have to pick all that stuff up. I need to get the water tested to confirm - perhaps there is some cheap kit I can pick up somewhere.

Elephanto

Back to the topic of breathing, aren’t there several studies that link DHT and sleep apnea? I found this one interesting, especially considering that they used finasteride in the study.

Testosterone Conversion Blockade Increases Breathing Stability in Healthy Men during NREM Sleep

I would assume DHT could also cause shallow breathing while awake.

High DHT is a symptom of chronic stress, so it would more likely be the stress causing shallow breathing. DHT is triggered as a protective measure to reduce cortisol, but like I showed it also triggers Estrogen-Receptor Alpha, the cancer/angiogenesis promoting receptor.

Since they used finasteride in your study, we can hypothesize that it was the reduction of endotoxins, thus lowering stress, that caused this change.

Copper is good for the actual hair follicle, ameliorates hair texture, but isn't a cause of mpb progression while excess can be one. In the other thread (Cause of Baldness) I posted a guide by a guy who had full hairline recovery and he did very high dose molybdenum for months, on the pics (got 404'd) I remember that before his hair had a distinct copper/red-ish tone and on the after it was very dark with no sign of red hue. Pics were taken with good lighting.

There is copper in tap water if your house uses copper plumbing, most modern ones don't. But then if you also drink sodas, who knows what kind of plumbing they use.

xetawaves

High DHT is a symptom of chronic stress, so it would more likely be the stress causing shallow breathing. DHT is triggered as a protective measure to reduce cortisol, but like I showed it also triggers Estrogen-Receptor Alpha, the cancer/angiogenesis promoting receptor.

Since they used finasteride in your study, we can hypothesize that it was the reduction of endotoxins, thus lowering stress, that caused this change.

Copper is good for the actual hair follicle, ameliorates hair texture, but isn't a cause of mpb progression while excess can be one. In the other thread (Cause of Baldness) I posted a guide by a guy who had full hairline recovery and he did very high dose molybdenum for months, on the pics (got 404'd) I remember that before his hair had a distinct copper/red-ish tone and on the after it was very dark with no sign of red hue. Pics were taken with good lighting.

There is copper in tap water if your house uses copper plumbing, most modern ones don't. But then if you also drink sodas, who knows what kind of plumbing they use.

What Norwood was the guy that had full recovery? Was he a diffuse thinner?

Also, finasteride lowers endotoxins?

brix

I have suspected copper deficiency... very dark hair, some graying at 27 years old. Copper decreased my shedding massively along with magnesium and gave me some libido and helped ed for a little while.

Elephanto

So then everyone with hair loss should be taking molybdenum?

No I said it can be a cause for some people. Correcting zinc and b6 deficiency can be enough, while if nothing else works then maybe molybdenum was the missing element. Depends, some have kickstarted it by ejaculating too often, drinking and smoking weed, stressing and shallow breathing, having the incorrect skull structure that can be changed which is the enabler. Check my post on the previous page for more info.

I have suspected copper deficiency... very dark hair, some graying at 27 years old. Copper decreased my shedding massively along with magnesium and gave me some libido and helped ed for a little while.

Possible. Some info on copper excess that I come across tend to be a bit pseudoscientific, but it's generally said that copper toxicity from inorganic copper can be a cause for actual copper deficiency with high free copper, I don't know it's weird. It is hypothesized in some Alzheimer studies, copper deficiency being a cause while high free copper is found in this condition, and this inorganic copper bypassing the liver and causing toxicity in the brain. Often I notice in men who are greying early that they usually have good hairlines, seems like the lack of copper is protecting them. Serotonin is another possible cause of greying early. But copper deficiency isn't good for many reasons, when one does a molybdenum protocol he should refeed with dietary sources of copper after, and if he's bad at converting B6 into P-5-P he might need to continually supplement P-5-P.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals