My Hair Journey - Ascension Of The Follicle

Hairfedup

Personally I’m looking towards Methylene Blue for hair regrowth, and taking high doses of Vit D and Mk7 in case it’s a circulation issue
Seems that your thyroid needs to be optimal as well.
In terms of Carbs, active hair follicles require twice as much glucose as dormant ones

Pretty sure I've got circulation issues...why MK7 instead of MK4 if I may ask?

Soren

Forum Supporter
I went through a very similar experience to @rawmeat. Went to college ate "healthy" did intermittent fasting, used to have ridiculously thick hair. Did all the low carb, high intensity exercise, intermittent fasting, day fasting too much exercise. Then hair started falling out it along with my body basically crashing, no sleep, no energy, weight gain no matter how much exercise. Been on a road to recovery for about 3-4 years.

One thing I would highly recommend for thyroid health is red light shined on the thyroid. You have to be very careful to get the dosage right otherwise it could have a negative effect but I think it is much better than taking supplemental thyroid as it has allowed me to get off thyroid meds and my metabolism has greatly improved.
Again be very careful with the dosing as too much could make one more hypothyroid and I think a lot of people over and underdose with light therapy. I certainly have done both.

Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid

Arrade

Pretty sure I've got circulation issues...why MK7 instead of MK4 if I may ask?
The longer chain ones are better for your arteries; so far it’s also the only one I’ve seen anecdotally and studies that reverses arterial calcification

EIRE24

I went through a very similar experience to @rawmeat. Went to college ate "healthy" did intermittent fasting, used to have ridiculously thick hair. Did all the low carb, high intensity exercise, intermittent fasting, day fasting too much exercise. Then hair started falling out it along with my body basically crashing, no sleep, no energy, weight gain no matter how much exercise. Been on a road to recovery for about 3-4 years.

One thing I would highly recommend for thyroid health is red light shined on the thyroid. You have to be very careful to get the dosage right otherwise it could have a negative effect but I think it is much better than taking supplemental thyroid as it has allowed me to get off thyroid meds and my metabolism has greatly improved.
Again be very careful with the dosing as too much could make one more hypothyroid and I think a lot of people over and underdose with light therapy. I certainly have done both.

Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid
What is your diet like now and also what kind of thyroid were you taking?

Soren

Forum Supporter
What is your diet like now and also what kind of thyroid were you taking?

Diet now is lots of eggs, orange juice, milk, honey, some white sugar, soda, lots of milk protein powder, cheese on occasion, gelatin, shell fish, clams.

I tried a few different forms of thyroid. NDT, t3 t4 combo in a 3 to 1 ratio. Westhroid pure and haidut's were the brands I used. I always ended up with heart palpitations after too long use no matter the dosage. This could have been down to a magnesium deficiency but i'm unsure. I do know that with light therapy I never have had these issues.

There are a few supplements that I take on occasion but not on a daily basis.

OP
rawmeat

rawmeat

Finally buzzed the dome. In the image where I just buzzed my head, you can see some scaly areas around my hairline where I feel the tingle and see the most thinning. I'm generally a diffuse thinner, but my temples have the most noticeable loss, though, there are still miniaturized hairs in the area.

What did you guys find to be the most effective way to tackle seb derm & dandruff?

IMG_2092.PNG
IMG_2089.jpg
IMG_2087.PNG
IMG_3323.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2087.PNG
    IMG_2087.PNG
    471.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2092.PNG
    IMG_2092.PNG
    311 KB · Views: 43

Entropy

Finally buzzed the dome. In the image where I just buzzed my head, you can see some scaly areas around my hairline where I feel the tingle and see the most thinning. I'm generally a diffuse thinner, but my temples have the most noticeable loss, though, there are still miniaturized hairs in the area.

What did you guys find to be the most effective way to tackle seb derm & dandruff?

Baking soda + avc rinse, vitamin A,

xetawaves

Don’t most people say that it clears up on its own once they shave their head?

xetawaves

It's so strange how the worst of it is along the hairline. That's exactly how mine is.

xetawaves

I believe traction has something to do with it as I slick my hair back at the front.

When my hair was thicker, I would pull it all back and wear a beanie. When I would take the beanie off after a few hours, my scalp would feel really sore. It was worse in the thinner spots.

MrSmart

Use ketoconazole, nothing is more effective.

And cut down on linoleic acid, also evidenced by the sebaceous hypertrophy.