Why I Regret Giving Hair Loss Advice And A Major Breakthrough

Elephanto

Face got super oily and I was shedding hundreds of hairs a day. Abstaining from ejaculation is not a rational way to fight hair loss anyways. If you wanna get laid that is.
The principle is more about reducing the frequency, you don't have to completely abstain to reap benefits.

xetawaves

The principle is more about reducing the frequency, you don't have to completely abstain to reap benefits.

You're right. Relationships or even just sexual relationships make it impossible though.

Do you have any ideas as to why nofap made my hair worse? It seems like if I go a few days without ejaculating, I shed more. It's very strange.

Elephanto

You're right. Relationships or even just sexual relationships make it impossible though.

Do you have any ideas as to why nofap made my hair worse? It seems like if I go a few days without ejaculating, I shed more. It's very strange.

Maybe more stress, that fapping usually takes off. Androgens on their own shouldn't produce that much sebum, but a mix of Androgens + having high levels of Endotoxins (lipopolysaccharide) and Propionibacterium Acnes which both increase sebum production will usually cause the oily skin. Since ejaculating frequently keep your androgen receptors low, it might be what makes a difference. Do you take coconut oil (1 tbsp+) ? It has been shown to be anti-microbial toward P. Acnes and also completely abolishes the endotoxin response. Bicarbonate sodium should help too.

xetawaves

Maybe more stress, that fapping usually takes off. Androgens on their own shouldn't produce that much sebum, but a mix of Androgens + having high levels of Endotoxins (lipopolysaccharide) and Propionibacterium Acnes which both increase sebum production will usually cause the oily skin. Since ejaculating frequently keep your androgen receptors low, it might be what makes a difference. Do you take coconut oil (1 tbsp+) ? It has been shown to be anti-microbial toward P. Acnes and also completely abolishes the endotoxin response. Bicarbonate sodium should help too.

I used to take coconut oil everyday but stopped for some reason. I was planning on starting bicarbonate sodium tonight actually.

When my face and scalp were really oily, I would get really painful cystic acne. Some of them would takes weeks to finally heal. Progesterone and vitamin A seem to have gotten rid of it though. Vitamin A has done a lot for me in regards to excessive oil.

I'm still losing hair though.

Elephanto

@xetawaves
I suggest being consistent with coconut oil and bicarbonate sodium for a while. High dose like the guide (3tbsp CO, 3-4 tsp bicarbonate sodium taken throughout the day). I think maybe starting to kill off endotoxins and stopping 2 days later can cause bad reactions. Nowadays I do very low fat and I don't have to take Coconut Oil to keep my gains, often I just use a bit of olive oil for my meals. Yeah Vitamin A can be pretty good, take it with E to avoid oxidation. I've seen stacks of very few supps with Vitamin A that worked for some people (I think it was mainly Vit A, Vit K2, Biotin). Though Biotin increases sebum production; taking B5 can actually solve that and make your skin dry as it antagonizes Biotin. I like B5 in small doses, good for testosterone and liver health.

PeatBull

does that help with hair growth?
After using the product polysorbate 80, I can now say that sebum is absolutely a problem in male pattern baldness.

After rubbing it in for 30 seconds, it will already begin to loosen sebum and you will see the oil begin to turn white. That is literally the sebum being dissolved and removed from the follicle. The sebum then mixes with the oil producing a white foam on the scalp. As you do it more and more over several weeks, this foam will form much less on the scalp as the sebum gets removed.

If you are not removing the years old dead skin and sebum, no other hair growth product will work.

What this product does is remove sebum and dead skin from under the follicle.
Every shampoo and product only removes the dead skin from the top of the scalp.

Well, does it grow hair ?

In the 1980s it was used with success but never got accepted by mainstream medicine and there was some things written about it.

Even hamilton noticed eunuchs had less sebum than normal men.
"Barber (5) noted that seborrheic dermatitis is rarely seen
before the stimulation of sebaceous gland activity which begins in puberty. Women ap-
proaching or at the climacteric were found to be prone to seborrheic dermatitis, perhaps
as a result of alteration in the androgen/estrogen ratio. Hamilton (6) reported that cas-
trates and eunuchs do not develop seborrheic dermatitis, acne, or ordinary male baldness,
and that their sebaceous secretion is only one-third that of the normal male. However,
when these subjects were given testosterone, the output of sebum increased,
and some
developed seborrheic dermatitis or acne.

Mossy

does that help with hair growth?
I believe johnwester130 is no longer a member, but I can share that polysorbate 80 goes back several decades (and maybe even further) for hair loss. My personal experience, after a couple months, is no noticeable effects. Granted, it may take more time; but it seems fair to say that if it was a valid solution it would be known by now.

Dave Clark

I believe johnwester130 is no longer a member, but I can share that polysorbate 80 goes back several decades (and maybe even further) for hair loss. My personal experience, after a couple months, is no noticeable effects. Granted, it may take more time; but it seems fair to say that if it was a valid solution it would be known by now.
I have been using the Helsinki formula, aka polysorbate 80, etc, for decades. its main function is to 'prevent' hair loss, rather than grow it, in my opinion. I have a full head of hair, albeit some recession, but very little compared to others my age. My father, brother, and son are all but bald, and I am not, which I don't think is just a coincidence. If you have a head of hair, start using it, to prevent the DHT from choking out the follicle. Polysorbate will emulsify the sebum and allow the follicle to survive, shampoo and other things cannot do that. I don't think polysorbate will bring to life a dead follicle.

Last edited:

Mossy

I have been using the Helsinki formula, aka polysorbate 80, etc, for decades. it' main function is to 'prevent' hair loss, rather than grow it, in my opinion. I have a full head of hair, albeit some recession, but very little compared to others my age. My father, brother, and on are all but bald, and I am not, which I don't think is just a coincidence. If you have a head of hair, start using it, to prevent the DHT from choking out the follicle. Polysorbate with emulsify the sebum and allow the follicle to survive, shampoo and other things cannot do that. I don't think polysorbate will bring to life a dead follicle.
That is interesting. I do forget about solely the prevention approach, as so many of us are interesting in regrowing. I think your experience is worth consideration. How do you use it? I found that it is very gunky and impracticable to use any other time but at night.

Dave Clark

That is interesting. I do forget about solely the prevention approach, as so many of us are interesting in regrowing. I think your experience is worth consideration. How do you use it? I found that it is very gunky and impracticable to use any other time but at night.
The only way I have known about was to apply it to the scalp when showering, etc., rub it in real good, it is gunky. Once rubbed in, do not let water run over your head until the end of your shower, then rinse and shampoo. You will feel your scalp tingling. The longer it is on the scalp the better, for the most part. I would think at least 5 minutes or more. It has to have time to emulsify the waxy sebum in the hair follicle, or else it isn't doing what it was meant to do. If you take a bath rather than a shower, you can soak in the tub longer while it is on your scalp, to get more contact time.

Mossy

The only way I have known about was to apply it to the scalp when showering, etc., rub it in real good, it is gunky. Once rubbed in, do not let water run over your head until the end of your shower, then rinse and shampoo. You will feel your scalp tingling. The longer it is on the scalp the better, for the most part. I would think at least 5 minutes or more. It has to have time to emulsify the waxy sebum in the hair follicle, or else it isn't doing what it was meant to do. If you take a bath rather than a shower, you can soak in the tub longer while it is on your scalp, to get more contact time.
Ok, so quite a short period of time. I used to keep it on for hours; and sometimes over night. It is definitely more usable pre-shower, for 5-10 minutes.

Dave Clark

Ok, so quite a short period of time. I used to keep it on for hours; and sometimes over night. It is definitely more usable pre-shower, for 5-10 minutes.
Wow, that is a long time. I can't believe your scalp didn't itch, or get real red and irritated.
The other thing, that I don't know much about, but hear talk of, is that these polysorbates are not healthy internally, not sure about the details on that. I mention that because if that is the case, you wouldn't want to leave them on the skin for any extended time risking transdermal absorption. Just something to check out, or keep in mind. I don't think a few minutes on the scalp should be a problem, but , hey, lol, in this crazy health science world, anything is possible and will show up in an article when you least expect it, lol.

Mossy

Wow, that is a long time. I can't believe your scalp didn't itch, or get real red and irritated.
The other thing, that I don't know much about, but hear talk of, is that these polysorbates are not healthy internally, not sure about the details on that. I mention that because if that is the case, you wouldn't want to leave them on the skin for any extended time risking transdermal absorption. Just something to check out, or keep in mind. I don't think a few minutes on the scalp should be a problem, but , hey, lol, in this crazy health science world, anything is possible and will show up in an article when you least expect it, lol.
No, my scalp was never irritated; and that's coming from someone who is beyond sensitive to most supplements.

You have a good point about transdermal absorption. Should I try it again, I'll only use it 5-10 minutes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals