Which Is More Destructive. Cortisol Or Adrenaline?

ddjd

Particularly in relation to hair health, but also general health too, which is more dangerous, high cortisol or high Adrenaline?

lvysaur

I think it depends on the person, but there seem to be real downsides to chronically low cortisol.

I'm sure there are for adrenaline as well, but it probably depends on what type of person you are. I've always had classic high adrenaline symptoms and not really high cortisol ones.

managing

I think it depends on the person, but there seem to be real downsides to chronically low cortisol.

I'm sure there are for adrenaline as well, but it probably depends on what type of person you are. I've always had classic high adrenaline symptoms and not really high cortisol ones.
How do you distinguish between the two?

Stud

adrenaline is necessary to feel manly though but to high is probably not good and uncomfortable.

Kyle M

Probably adrenaline, it's more of a short-term emergency hormone than cortisol.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

How do you distinguish between the two?
Adrenaline is cold hands and feet. Pulse increased but temperate down.

Cortisol is higher temperature and lower pulse.

So opposite symptoms.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

No, but glancing at the study methods directly injecting cortisol into hair follicles is considerably different than having blood cortisol. Who's to say direct injections of adrenaline or noradrenaline wouldn't have the same, or stronger, results?
From Travis

"The old experiments I had read showed that adrenaline is actually essential for hair growth.

After total adrenalectomy, complete hair loss is observed in animals. When the adrenal cortex is removed, then the animal generally grows thicker hair.

The older experiments I had read indicated that products of the adrenal cortex—such as cortisol—caused hair loss while that of the adrenal medulla (i.e. adrenaline) were required for hair growth . . . in sheep. I'm fairly certain that if you'd look on sci‐hub.cc you'd find indication of adrenaline promoting hair growth, or at least being necessary to maintain it."

Kyle M

From Travis

"The old experiments I had read showed that adrenaline is actually essential for hair growth.

After total adrenalectomy, complete hair loss is observed in animals. When the adrenal cortex is removed, then the animal generally grows thicker hair.

The older experiments I had read indicated that products of the adrenal cortex—such as cortisol—caused hair loss while that of the adrenal medulla (i.e. adrenaline) were required for hair growth . . . in sheep. I'm fairly certain that if you'd look on sci‐hub.cc you'd find indication of adrenaline promoting hair growth, or at least being necessary to maintain it."

Ok, still though we're talking removal of glands and pharmacological treatments, not normal elevated levels in humans. Cortisol conceivably starves the follicles of glucose, whereas adrenaline mostly works on the liver and not all tissues.

superhuman

I guess its not that easy since they tend to also go together but based on the situation the one is higher then the other, but usually they follow each other. Its also the chronic elevation that is the problem since you need some of both. Cortisol is the most destructive i think since it catabolizes everything to get fuel, its also easier to get chronically elevated.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I guess its not that easy since they tend to also go together but based on the situation the one is higher then the other, but usually they follow each other. Its also the chronic elevation that is the problem since you need some of both. Cortisol is the most destructive i think since it catabolizes everything to get fuel, its also easier to get chronically elevated.
I thought it was moreso the case that as one went down the other would be upregulated. No?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals