High pulses, but lagging temps? Taking 1 grain of thyroid. Hyperadrenalism?? High adrenaline type symptoms.

dervmai

progress
My temps still aren't where I need them to be. I have trouble getting my basal temps over 98 despite being on 1 full grain of thyroid. However, I find that my pulse actually is high. I can get it into the high 80s, like 85-89.

My temps are lagging still and I have been on a grain for 2 weeks+ now. I eventually want to raise my dose a little bit more, since my temps aren't at the optimal levels, however the fact that my pulse is already high is what concerns me. Reading into it, I possibly have high adrenaline. My DHEA-S was high, which could indicate high cortisol and just general hyperadrenalism.

My symptoms are very confusing. I think thyroid is making me MORE anxious and stressed. It has improved my chronic constipation, and increased my temps and pulse, but I have still yet to find relief. I'm trying to break free from the stress cycle but I can't seem to do it. Any advice and insights are greatly appreciated.

youngsinatra

Have you tried magnesium supplementation?

It lowers ACTH, cortisol, aldosterone, PTH. Ray said that one of thyroid‘s main benefit is proper intracellular magnesium retention.

I absolutely don’t do well on all magnesium forms. For example I feel very weird from mg-glycinate but feel normal on mg-malate.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

3315663F-6F9C-40E4-8E7E-2453C9D89149.jpeg

margo

My temps still aren't where I need them to be. I have trouble getting my basal temps over 98 despite being on 1 full grain of thyroid. However, I find that my pulse actually is high. I can get it into the high 80s, like 85-89.

My temps are lagging still and I have been on a grain for 2 weeks+ now. I eventually want to raise my dose a little bit more, since my temps aren't at the optimal levels, however the fact that my pulse is already high is what concerns me. Reading into it, I possibly have high adrenaline. My DHEA-S was high, which could indicate high cortisol and just general hyperadrenalism.

My symptoms are very confusing. I think thyroid is making me MORE anxious and stressed. It has improved my chronic constipation, and increased my temps and pulse, but I have still yet to find relief. I'm trying to break free from the stress cycle but I can't seem to do it. Any advice and insights are greatly appreciated.
Hi. I’m like that. My temps are ok but pulse is 95 if I’m lucky. Usually above that. Around 100 or more. I was taking NDT and crashed awfully on it and it made me worse. I didn’t know my hypo symptoms are actually from adrenaline being high all the time. I thought I have adrenaline from being hypo. It can be the other way round. There is a good book of dr. Platt about hormones and adrenaline. He said majority of people with high adrenaline has to use progesterone to drop it down and then maybe if you still hypo try thyroid. I totally came off all thyroid as it was making me worse. I’m on high dose of progesterone as it’s the only thing that will drive your adrenaline down. Then you’ll see how you feel. It’s a miracle for me but I’m a girl. Most of girls like progesterone. Also magnesium helps but not like progesterone. It looks like it’s genetics.

Dr Platt is still working and doing consults. Also there is forum and fb group about progesterone therapy. Very helpful

sweetpeat

Maybe back down to 3 quarters of a grain. Or even half. Could be you started too high. Usually starting low and going slow is the way to go. Peat recommended people start with 1/8 of a Cynoplus. This compares to roughly half a grain of NDT.

If it is making you more anxious and stressed, reduce the dose. It is easy to get hyperthyroid when taking thyroid.

G1986

Forum Supporter

if cannot tolerate NDT and get high adrenaline symptoms with such a low dose of Thyroid, it is likely your cortisol is low. Have you ever run a salivary cortisol test? you may want to look into it.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
if cannot tolerate NDT and get high adrenaline symptoms with such a low dose of Thyroid, it is likely your cortisol is low. Have you ever run a salivary cortisol test? you may want to look into it.
I think I have high cortisol and high adrenalin already. Doesn't thyroid raise cortisol?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals