Anything That Lowers Adrenaline But DOESN'T Lower Cortisol?

firebreather

I've tried cypro many times in tablet and liquid form and after a night or two it actually seems to make my sleep worse. I've tried taking it at various times from 5pm to 10pm in varying doses.

My conclusion is that my cortisol is getting to low at night.

I say this because I've had my cortisol tested a few different times by blood serum, saliva and urine and every time it was either normal or low.

At my most stressed state it was barely out of single digits for the entire day.

It's almost as if for me when I'm really stressed adrenaline rises but cortisol lowers instead of both rising.

I seem to get the same result when I do mindfulness meditation before bed. Mindfulness meditation has been show to lower cortisol. Every time I've tried it before bed I end up having very fitful sleep.

Pointless

Maybe he thinks that cypro means cyproterone acetate, but it's Cyproheptadine.

fradon

don't you mean anti-histamine?
no adrenaline is a catemeline hormone produced by methylation. Histamine and Methylation antagonize each other. So by raising histamine you can lower methylation...infact in order to test your methylation levels they do a histamine test.

OP
F

firebreather

no adrenaline is a catemeline hormone produced by methylation. Histamine and Methylation antagonize each other. So by raising histamine you can lower methylation...infact in order to test your methylation levels they do a histamine test.

Then why do anti-histamines drugs lower adreanline?

fradon

Then why do anti-histamines drugs lower adreanline?

because they stop the body from being in crisis

your body uses adrenaline like epipen to bring down allergy attacks produced by histamine...in fact benedryl raises something called DAO which breaks down histamine. People who suffer from allergy attacks have problems with their adrenal output not enough adrenaline to bring down histamine. their body floods with adrenaline but its not enough so they need an adrenaline shot or epipen when the crisis is over the body stop producing adrenaline because the danger is over so you calm down.

fructose may be worth a shot, youd have to see how fructose affected you, and inosine is known to knock out adrealine, something like mike tyson they called it

OP
F

firebreather

fructose may be worth a shot, youd have to see how fructose affected you, and inosine is known to knock out adrealine, something like mike tyson they called it

I've tried Inosine a couple times and it didn't do a thing. I've tried Fructose before for metabolism but it really bothered my stomach. I'll give Taurine a shot. My wife swears that she can only drink coffee if she drinks it with Taurine

DuggaDugga

CHRONIC INSOMNIA AND STRESS SYSTEM
In a following controlled study 24-h serial ACTH and cortisol levels were significantly higher in insomniacs compared to normal sleepers.[31][figure 3] Within the 24-h period the greatest elevations were observed in the evening and during the first half of the night. Furthermore, within the group of insomniacs, the sub-group with high degree of objective sleep disturbance [percent of total sleep time (%TST) <70] had higher amount of cortisol compared to the subgroup with low degree of sleep disturbance.[figure 4] Finally, pulsatile analysis revealed a significantly higher number of ACTH and cortisol pulses in insomniacs compared to normal sleepers, while cosinor analysis indicated a significant circadian rhythm without differences in the temporal pattern of ACTH and cortisol secretion between the two groups. Conclusively, this study suggests that insomnia is associated with an overall 24h increase of the ACTH and cortisol secretion, which however retains a normal circadian pattern. Therefore, insomnia seems to be a disorder of 24-h hyperarousal rather than sleep loss. This approach is further supported by studies investigating the effects of sleep loss on cortisol secretion. Most of the studies have found no change [61-63], or decrease in the secretion of cortisol [39,64] after sleep deprivation, whereas in these studies that reported significant increase of cortisol in the evening following the night of sleep loss[65-66], sleep deprivation was associated with rather stressful experimental conditions, i.e. lying in bed in a dimly lit room and receiving calories through an iv catheter.

I doubt your cortisol is going too low, if such a thing is even possible. There are countless studies linking the de-energized, excited/hyper-aroused state of hypercortisolemia to sleep loss. In a normal circadian rhythm cortisol begins rising in the early morning, at least partially due to glycogen depletion (sleep is effectively fasting for ~8 hours). I don't think you'd want to raise your cortisol and effectively stimulate the "waking state", if you will.

OP
F

firebreather

I doubt your cortisol is going too low, if such a thing is even possible. There are countless studies linking the de-energized, excited/hyper-aroused state of hypercortisolemia to sleep loss. In a normal circadian rhythm cortisol begins rising in the early morning, at least partially due to glycogen depletion (sleep is effectively fasting for ~8 hours). I don't think you'd want to raise your cortisol and effectively stimulate the "waking state", if you will.

I doubt you know what you're talking about.

I never said I wanted to raise my cortisol either, I said I don't want to take substances that lower it

Too low of cortisol does exist, I'll have to see if I can find the evidence backing this up and post later

marsaday

What is your thyroid status ?

Low thyroid patients produce low levels of cortisol. the two hormones work together.

Many low thyroid patients have difficulty sleeping and tend to have adrenaline bursts.

So thyroid hormone taken at bedtime (the best time to take it as this is when we make our thyroid hormones) could work well. Even a small 25mcg T4 could help and it wouldn't interfere with your own production feedback system.

Also progesterone would be good. Specifically ProgestE. This will help balance cortisol and so take away the adrenaline. If you are peeing frequently this is a sign you are running on adrenaline and is common at night time.

OP
F

firebreather

What is your thyroid status ?

Low thyroid patients produce low levels of cortisol. the two hormones work together.

Many low thyroid patients have difficulty sleeping and tend to have adrenaline bursts.

So thyroid hormone taken at bedtime (the best time to take it as this is when we make our thyroid hormones) could work well. Even a small 25mcg T4 could help and it wouldn't interfere with your own production feedback system.

Also progesterone would be good. Specifically ProgestE. This will help balance cortisol and so take away the adrenaline. If you are peeing frequently this is a sign you are running on adrenaline and is common at night time.

Thyroid could be better but it's been worse, but I'm also taking 3 grains of NDT. I've tried just about everything Peat recommended.

I've tried the t4 before bed and can't say it did much. I've also tried ProgestE.

Last week I cut way back on my fluid intake and much of the time I'm able to only urinate every 4 hours but it's not easy. With this I've noticed that I can make it till about 5am while sleeping until I have to urinate. Sometimes I still wake up and sometimes I don't.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals