Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

I might be bigger and stronger than you ;)

Yes, Clomid once a week works. The half life is stupid long. I think SERMs mostly work at the hair level thanks to raising SHBG a lot. I believe SHBG going low is among the worst things that could happen to your hair. Tapering off because there are better options that don't have zuclomifene.

Arrade

Yes, Clomid once a week works. The half life is stupid long. I think SERMs mostly work at the hair level thanks to raising SHBG a lot. I believe SHBG going low is among the worst things that could happen to your hair. Tapering off because there are better options that don't have zuclomifene.
Lol and here bodybuilders talk about the loss of vision and suicidal ideation from clomid

Progesterone

Yessir.

I've brought this up before.

Clomid raises pretty much all the positive markers to fight MPB.

Boosted SHBG, FSH, T, etc...

You are absolutely correct, LOW SHBG is one of the most reliable markers for MPB in clinical testing, from what I've seen.

HOWEVER... what about the increased DHT?

Also, what about the estrogen????????????

Clomid is so confusing, is it raising or lowering estrogen? It will be raised as T/DHT rises but.... some say this is not reliable.

SO, Clomid has not hurt your hairline at all? Nothing to report on that front? Just notice reduced shedding when you use it, right?

Progesterone

Lol and here bodybuilders talk about the loss of vision and suicidal ideation from clomid

Are you seriously worried about those things regarding clomid?

The vision stuff is very rare, and goes away when stopping (if you get any sides).

Suicidal?

Don't forget BBers are using HIGH dosages, very high...

The only thing I notice from clomid @ 12.5mg is feeling god damn good, like when I was younger.

Progesterone

Prog raises SHBG.

Abstract
Thirty-one women with severe premenstrual syndrome had low sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) binding capacities 30.2 +/- 9.4 nmol DHT bound/l. The SHBG binding capacities rose when they were treated with three different doses of progesterone. On 400 mg (17 women) SHBG level was 45.11 +/- 11.80. On 800 mg (8 women) SHBG binding capacity rose to 64.75 +/- 14.30 and on the six women who took 1200 mg progesterone daily SHBG binding capacity was 78.5 +/- 23.10. These results are discussed.

The effect of progesterone administration on sex hormone binding globulin binding capacity in women with severe premenstrual syndrome. - PubMed - NCBI

ODD, as high estrogen raises SHBG... and prog is said to be anti-estrogen....

SHBG has a very high affinity for estradiol.

I want to stop SERMs eventually. I’ve been dealing with AAS so it’s all a normal post cycle therapy that I’m doing. Clomid for 8 weeks, then a pure antagonist tapered off. Anecdotally Nolvadex and Toremifene stop ALL hair shedding the same. I have Toremifene on hand.

I don’t think it matters what the bloodworks show regarding e2/DHT, what you care about is the free levels of those hormones and many others upstream like androstenedione etc. Low SHBG is awful.

Besides, there’s the IGF1/IGFBP3 topic which is discussed elsewhere. Randomly pulled one study on Toremifene since I’m taking it now:

Effects of Toremifene, a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator, on Spontaneous and Stimulated GH Secretion, IGF-I, and IGF-Binding Proteins in Healthy Elderly Subjects

Toremifene did not enhance pulsatile or stimulated GH secretion, but decreased IGF-I by 20% in men and women. IGFBP3 was unchanged, whereas while IGFBP1 and SHBG increased in both sexes to a similar extent.

This is all hair friendly.

Arrade

I want to stop SERMs eventually. I’ve been dealing with AAS so it’s all a normal post cycle therapy that I’m doing. Clomid for 8 weeks, then a pure antagonist tapered off. Anecdotally Nolvadex and Toremifene stop ALL hair shedding the same. I have Toremifene on hand.

I don’t think it matters what the bloodworks show regarding e2/DHT, what you care about is the free levels of those hormones and many others upstream like androstenedione etc. Low SHBG is awful.

Besides, there’s the IGF1/IGFBP3 topic which is discussed elsewhere. Randomly pulled one study on Toremifene since I’m taking it now:

Effects of Toremifene, a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator, on Spontaneous and Stimulated GH Secretion, IGF-I, and IGF-Binding Proteins in Healthy Elderly Subjects

I took low dose toremifene and it made me compulsively suicidal. Never felt worse mentally in my entire existence, and the active life was like two weeks

Progesterone

You're a smart kid.

Just popped a 12.5mg clomid.

How often could I get away with dosing 12.5mg clomid to keep SHBG high ya reckon'?

E3D? EOD?

I know EOD and I feel fantastic. Never tried E3D. Every week sounds too far....

I think you could be right about SHBG being the key on why clomid stops my shedding.

Do you think SERMS can be bad for hairline though? I don't see why.... but, heh.

I may combine clomid + prog and see what happens, not sure yet.

Arrade

Do you even need a SERM post cycle if you just remove taper of testerone and have removed excess estrogen through an AI?
From my understanding it blocks estrogen in the testicles, but removing estrogen through AI accomplishes the same

Progesterone

Do you even need a SERM post cycle if you just remove taper of testerone and have removed excess estrogen through an AI?
From my understanding it blocks estrogen in the testicles, but removing estrogen through AI accomplishes the same

Natural T production is shut down after a cycle..

Clomid is the perfect thing to begin and boost that natural T production again and kickstart it.

Arrade

Natural T production is shut down after a cycle..

Clomid is the perfect thing to begin and boost that natural T production again and kickstart it.
I know that...
You know what also suppresses T function? estrogen, which SERMS selectively block
So how much better is clomid vs. having normal estro levels when you quit AAS

Arrade

Why would recovering naturally without SERM be better after a cycle of T/steroids though?

It would just take much longer, wouldn't it?
Does it? Or is only because people have high estro once they quit injecting the aromatising T?
If you taper off the test and quit it while leaving your estro low through AI it may be better than the use of SERM

Arrade

BTW serms are linked to brain damage similar to alcohol abuse, because they demylinate the sheaths of your dendrites. Basically stripping the protection and channeling of neurons

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals