Why do people claim progesterone causes hair loss?

dervmai

progress
Is there any validity to it? I'm trying to add different peaty supplements to my stack like Progest-E and k2 but people claim they have hair loss because of this.... My question is in regards to progesterone... can it cause hair loss?

Pablo Cruise

The latest treatments block the DHT receptors so not sure Progesterone is a cause AGA. Obviously hair loss is complicated and no one has definitive answers at this point.

I have found this to be true. I didn’t believe it, but I have proven time and time again. It happens when I take 150 mg. or more. I am okay on 100 mg., but my progesterone blood level is still low.

PhilParma

In my opinion, AGA is, in part, caused by the combination of high systemic estrogen and low local tissue (scalp) estrogen. So I wouldn't apply progesterone or Vitamin K directly onto the scalp (or head area) just in case they block estrogen excessively. But taking them in reasonable oral doses would be okay, or even beneficial for hair.

golder

In my opinion, AGA is, in part, caused by the combination of high systemic estrogen and low local tissue (scalp) estrogen. So I wouldn't apply progesterone or Vitamin K directly onto the scalp (or head area) just in case they block estrogen excessively. But taking them in reasonable oral doses would be okay, or even beneficial for hair.
Interesting, based on this theory what would be a likely good topical?

PhilParma

Interesting, based on this theory what would be a likely good topical?
Topical castor oil, which increases the synthesis of PGE2, which stimulates the aromatase enzyme, which increases the synthesis of estrogen. You can also buy PGE2 powder, but it's very expensive. Castor oil is messy, but cheap.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals