Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

If you look at the link I posted, elevated estrogen increases mast cell degranulation, prostaglandin D2 production, increased cortisol, lowers intracellular cAMP, inhibits thyroid function

I agree it is more complex than fibrosis

See.... clomid STOPS my shedding, dead in it's tracks. It's clomid, not laser, this I now know for sure.

clomid is very tricky though as it basically is an anti-estrogen, but also is an estrogen, at the same time.

I wish I knew the MOA on why this occurs when I use clomid.

I may need to give it a serious run at 3-6months of constant usage with pictures to see how it really works for hair.

If something stops shedding, one would assume it would be beneficial for hair in the long run, no?

clomid, on paper, raises all the right things that are beneficial to fight MPB.

I also know, a lot of people who have MPB also tend to have low T in general.

I know you guys aren't big fans of clomid... but how the heck is it stopping my shedding dead in it's tracks when I use it?

Arrade

See.... clomid STOPS my shedding, dead in it's tracks. It's clomid, not laser, this I now know for sure.

clomid is very tricky though as it basically is an anti-estrogen, but also is an estrogen, at the same time.

I may need to give it a serious run at 3-6months of constant usage with pictures to see how it really works for hair.

If something stops shedding, one would assume it would be beneficial for hair in the long run, no?

I know you guys aren't big fans of clomid... but how the heck is it stopping my shedding dead in it's tracks when I use it?
Sounds like its good for hair. My experience with other SERMS wasn't quite so positive, in hair as well as other regards.
I don't think clomid is a crutch you always want to use, one of the reasons is that is has certain estrogenic properties.

OP
S

Sheik

Elevated estrogen also impairs the calcium metabolism.

I’ve only known people to apply estrogen on their scalp, besides one guy who used estriol cream but he was also applying an anti androgen.

If you have examples of men who didn’t castrate themselves but also applied estrogen not on the scalp while regrowing hair, now is the time to show us.

Taking estrogen orally often castrates men, therefore no DHT to make fibrosis
Check out transgender forums. Lots of MtF people regrow hair without using topicals.

xetawaves

I seriously doubt that having sex several times a day lowers testosterone lol I literally watched my beard grow in thicker over the course of that week. Also new chest hairs sprouted up.

Progesterone

I seriously doubt that having sex several times a day lowers testosterone lol I literally watched my beard grow in thicker over the course of that week. Also new chest hairs sprouted up.

I don't think it's reducing T anything significant... but it technically t does peak 7days of non ejaculating.

I wonder what the MOA is, behind less shedding from for ejack?

D

Deleted member 5487

@REOSIRENS

Has some of the best work regarding PFS and MPB.

t3/t4 are what protect the body from elevated DHT, and DHT rises in response to estrogen

So you need Progesterone to protect from Estrogen, so DHT doesn't rise
but you need High T to grow hair,
you also need t3/t4 to fight DHT, and make the hormones

upload_2018-10-22_13-11-20.jpeg

Most MPB guys are high T=High Estrogen/DHT,Low Prog, lower metabolism=
Steroid user hair loss

Diffuse thinners are low metabolism, high cortisol, estrogen, low t.

I have had MPB since highschool(football jock=worked out 1-6 hrs a day) High T/estrogen/DHT, low prog= hairline as moved mabey 1-3mm in the last 6 years after football

I only shedded after 3 months on low carb=Found ray peat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Progesterone

I took 100mg oral prog in capsule today, bout 30mins ago.

Starting to feel chill affffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Work is going crazy but I'm just here like... SUHHHH DUDE. EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE FINE, MANNNNN

I know when I was on prog, I never really have any hairline issues.. that only happened after staying off prog for a while and then jumping on clomid seemed to exacerbate this, even though it helped shedding.

I have Prog left so will be re-trialing Prog @ 100mg a day I think, oral. and will use some directly on hairline as well EOD.

very good post @Amarsh213

Interesting that you're mentioning BiEstro (so Estradiol+Estriol) and then Clomid as they're highly disliked hormones around here... and people seem to praise DHT for hair. Internet is funny sometimes. Anyways more than 25 mg/week of Proviron / DHT compound makes me shed, 25/50mg of Clomid per week blocks it, topical Finasteride seems to work, Minoxidil is ok, and the combination of both is promising so I just acquired it (MinoxidilMAX).

On the process of tapering off Clomid though. I will keep taking DHEA+DHT+MK677 biweekly, topical RU58841+MinoxidilMax every weekday before bed, and a weekly dose of Biotin+Zinc+vitD3*K2. The things we do to preserve teenager hair... Eat plenty of fruit, keep fiber high, keep glycemic load moderate, keep fats low and mostly saturated / MCT, keep protein moderate 1.5 g/kg ish

xetawaves

@REOSIRENS

Has some of the best work regarding PFS and MPB.

t3/t4 are what protect the body from elevated DHT, and DHT rises in response to estrogen

So you need Progesterone to protect from Estrogen, so DHT doesn't rise
but you need High T to grow hair,
you also need t3/t4 to fight DHT, and make the hormones

.View attachment 11029

Most MPB guys are high T=High Estrogen/DHT,Low Prog, lower metabolism=
Steroid user hair loss

Diffuse thinners are low metabolism, high cortisol, estrogen, low t.

I have had MPB since highschool(football jock=worked out 1-6 hrs a day) High T/estrogen/DHT, low prog= hairline as moved mabey 1-3mm in the last 6 years after football

I only shedded after 3 months on low carb=Found ray peat.

Are there studies saying that men with mpb have elevated DHT?

D

Deleted member 5487

Are there studies saying that men with mpb have elevated DHT?

But My hair is the best it's ever been with
1-Low dose Pregnenolone at night
2-Vitamin a 10k unit
3-magnesium oil on scalp/hair
4-d3 +k2 at night

Like the volume doubled

Hair is all hormonal and Pregnenolone/Prog may be the very things that decline in age and lead to hair loss in men. Also why Pregnant women get all their hair back, once they become pregnant.

" Because t4 is used by t3 to keep hair elongation...t3 lowers parathyroid and prolactin and t4 keeps the rate of growth ...but main agent to stop hair loss is t3 but both work together...and the secret is ratio between the two"

Quote from him

Last edited by a moderator:

xetawaves

But My hair is the best it's ever been with
1-Low dose Pregnenolone at night
2-Vitamin a 10k unit
3-magnesium oil on scalp/hair
4-d3 +k2 at night

Like the volume doubled

Hair is all hormonal and Pregnenolone/Prog may be the very things that decline in age and lead to hair loss in men. Also why Pregnant women get all their hair back, once they become pregnant.

" Because t4 is used by t3 to keep hair elongation...t3 lowers parathyroid and prolactin and t4 keeps the rate of growth ...but main agent to stop hair loss is t3 but both work together...and the secret is ratio between the two"

Quote from him

To be honest, I feel like my hair has gotten a little bit thicker on vitamin k2, tocovit(wheat germ e), A and D.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck with progesterone. Do you have any ideas why? Is there a certain dosage or something I should be taking with it? I may start it again considering I'm taking K2 and E now.

D

Deleted member 5487

To be honest, I feel like my hair has gotten a little bit thicker on vitamin k2, tocovit(wheat germ e), A and D.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck with progesterone. Do you have any ideas why? Is there a certain dosage or something I should be taking with it? I may start it again considering I'm taking K2 and E now.

I havn't tried Prog, Only Preg.

D

Deleted member 5487

I might give it a shot since it's working for you. Did it stop your shedding?

I subscribe to their being two types of hairloss. I have experienced both at separate times.

1) I have had nw2-3 since High school, something I attribute to overexercising and playing football. Too much T/ESTROGEN/DHT.==Reccession similarly found in steroid users.

2) Common shedding only occurred when I went on low carb for like 5 months and got shredded. Thats when I was like "Mom my hairs coming out".

I don't shed at all. My hair is Robust(Testosterone), my hairline is not.

I took Preg during my low carb days and it turned me into a manic. So it was converting to all stress.

Breaking the stress cycle is needed first before hormones can be used.

Your gonna need the break the stress cycle somehow

Gelatin+Taurine are going to be helpful I am talking like 70% protein from gelatin and several grams of taurine.

xetawaves

I subscribe to their being two types of hairloss. I have experienced both at separate times.

1) I have had nw2-3 since High school, something I attribute to overexercising and playing football. Too much T/ESTROGEN/DHT.==Reccession similarly found in steroid users.

2) Common shedding only occurred when I went on low carb for like 5 months and got shredded. Thats when I was like "Mom my hairs coming out".

I don't shed at all. My hair is Robust(Testosterone), my hairline is not.

I took Preg during my low carb days and it turned me into a manic. So it was converting to all stress.

Breaking the stress cycle is needed first before hormones can be used.

Your gonna need the break the stress cycle somehow

My hairline is where my hair struggles as well. I have diffuse but it's worse at the hairline.

I noticed I needed to eat more while taking progesterone as well. What magnesium oil are you using? I'm not sure I'll be able to use it on my scalp though since my hair is kinda long.

Also, what do you mean by break the stress cycle? I consider myself a pretty relaxed person and I walk everyday. I don't do strenuous exercise anymore either.

Btw, what dose preg are you taking? And are those the only things you're using to lower estrogen and raise T?

Progesterone

very good post @Amarsh213

Interesting that you're mentioning BiEstro (so Estradiol+Estriol) and then Clomid as they're highly disliked hormones around here... and people seem to praise DHT for hair. Internet is funny sometimes. Anyways more than 25 mg/week of Proviron / DHT compound makes me shed, 25/50mg of Clomid per week blocks it, topical Finasteride seems to work, Minoxidil is ok, and the combination of both is promising so I just acquired it (MinoxidilMAX).

On the process of tapering off Clomid though. I will keep taking DHEA+DHT+MK677 biweekly, topical RU58841+MinoxidilMax every weekday before bed, and a weekly dose of Biotin+Zinc+vitD3*K2. The things we do to preserve teenager hair... Eat plenty of fruit, keep fiber high, keep glycemic load moderate, keep fats low and mostly saturated / MCT, keep protein moderate 1.5 g/kg ish

WHOA.

Hi there.

So Clomid blocks your shedding from taking DHT?????

25mg of clomid per week blocks your shedding for the entire week????

SO clomid is good for your hair loss, correct?

Why are you tapering off of clomid?

I noticed clomid stops my shedding dead in it's tracks... BUT I think it may make my hairline worse?!?!??! any thoughts? perhaps if I do clomid once a week, with prog daily... could be good.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals