Ray Peat Diet Causes Cavities?

OP
encerent

encerent

Thanks for all the suggestions. For now I'm keeping my diet, but adding one use of flouride toothpaste, and 1-2x xylitol rinse for my dental care.

SolidSteele

Also drinking through a straw to minimises the contact the oj\coke has with your teeth is a simple intervention that can be quite effective.

OP
encerent

encerent

Have you read what ray peat has to say about dental health? Also you can go to to one dentist and they'll say you have two cavities and then go to another and they'll say you have none... I don't trust them at all. I just read an article on red light for tooth health. Topical vitamin k2 be great for teeth as well . Like as in applied to the teeth. Also I'm sure ray peat would say that fluoride damages the teeth over time..., it is an endocrine disruptor. Anti thyroid and estrogenic. Ray peat says tooth health is primarily determined by thyroid function and estrogen levels.....

I've also heard about some dentists finding some cavities that need to be drilled and filled, whereas other dentists will say to "wait and see". But he took a picture and it doesn't look good.

Attachments

• X06071_2.JPG
    X06071_2.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 131

TheHound

Thanks for the link. What does he mean by "In all those cases of perfect teeth, the practice of rinsing while eating has been the reason, and not fluorid" or "1. Rinse acids off the teeth during eating (ref 4)."?

every time you eat or drink something just rinse your mouth out with water is what I do

Oh my god

Man use sensodyne

peat diet is good
But
He is not you

For peat sake use sensodyne

Oh my god how can you do that with your teeth ... oh my fat god

Mountain

I did this for a little bit and have to say that your teeth will feel the cleanest they ever have. I couldn't stop running my tongue over my teeth because they've never felt so clean before.

But I knew about this thread already: ". Doing It Every Day(soap) Is An "Endocrine Disrupter. "
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...soap-is-an-endocrine-disrupter.880/#post-7070
So I decided to stop and just brush my teeth with a wet toothbrush now. Gotta say, it's really not as satisfying as using something that foams up. But I use my sensitive-nosed girlfriend as a barometer
for these kinds of things (without telling her) and she hasn't said anything (which she would if she smelled something bad hehe)

chispas

Have you noticed any negatives from that amount of white sugar?

No, just feel really warm and generally good. Of course the fear was there, but gladly, nothing bad has happened. It seems almost entirely innocuous for something described as a lethal, white, deadly, poison - can't remember the other pernicious adjectives?

raypeatclips

No, just feel really warm and generally good. Of course the fear was there, but gladly, nothing bad has happened. It seems almost entirely innocuous for something described as a lethal, white, deadly, poison - can't remember the other pernicious adjectives?

I think you got them all ;) How long have you been doing that amount of white sugar, by the way?

chispas

I think you got them all ;) How long have you been doing that amount of white sugar, by the way?

Probably about six months. I've gone up to 98kg, but I still fit all my clothes, including my pants (which are historically the first to go), and I'm six feet tall. I think this diet gives me heavy bones. The sugar gives me good energy.

chispas

I also often forget to brush my teeth, because with minimal bread consumption, they don't get all furry and weird

Queequeg

Thanks for all the suggestions. For now I'm keeping my diet, but adding one use of flouride toothpaste, and 1-2x xylitol rinse for my dental care.

Excuse the rant but flouride happens to be a personal pet peeve. RP has said that in addition to flouride being a thyroid disrupter it has been shown that populations with water flouridation have a higher incidence of cancer. It also poisons over 100 enzymatic reactions. Flouride is known to lower IQ and make people more docile. Many anti-depressants and other mind altering drugs are flouride based. Almost all of Europe, Japan and recently Israel has stopped or never started water flouridation. Surprisingly there are several non-industry sponsored studies that show that flouride does not prevent cavities. As for using it in toothpaste, flouride is absorbed through the mucosal lining so spitting and rinsing won't fully protect you. And if you do happen to swallow a pea sized amount the tubes recommend you should call poison control immediately.

Dentists have a lifestyle to maintain so buyer beware. Anyone that can tell you that mercury is safe to use in your mouth should not be trusted. Mercury is 1,000 times more toxic than lead and you would never fill your teeth with lead. Youtube "smoking teeth" for an eye opener.

OK rant done.:salute

somethings I've found that work for me.
1) I use baking soda. Teeth and cavities can remineralize themselves and fully heal if allowed to. Glycerine which is added to toothpaste actually coats the teeth and prevents this from happening.
2) If you take Betaine HCL for digestion, tartar buildup will be completely eliminated.

Last edited:

SolidSteele

1) Toothpaste contains glycerin which actually prevents the teeth from remineralizing. Yes a little know secret in dentistry is that cavities can heal themselves if allowed to. If you google it you will see all sorts of mineral concoctions people have used but I think its the glycerine in toothpaste that is preventing this natural healing. I use baking soda.
This peaked my interest but I can't find any evidence at all. The only reference to this seems to come out of Dr. Judd but he doesn't provide any evidence it seems just to be his opinion. Can you please provide some evidence?

T

tca300

I had 6 cavities at the age of 18, with a mouth full of pain. I never went back to the dentist after they told me what was up. 7 years later, no pain, no visible cavities, and my teeth feel rock hard. My diet has been 12-16 cups of 1% and skim milk, 6-16 cups of OJ, Pineapple juice, gelatin, carrots, coffee, table sugar, sometimes liver and hydrogenated coconut oil. I drink acidic things through a straw, and rinse with baking soda regularly, after eating. I brush maybe 2-4 times per week, sometimes with baking soda and coconut oil, sometimes just water. Good thyroid function is critical, because it controls the quality of your saliva. Vitamin K2, D, high calcium to phosphorus, magnesium, low, to no phytic acid ingestion, and sugar over starch ( because sucrose is superior to starch in regards to bone formation ) are all important, IMO

Queequeg

@SolidSteele "This peaked my interest but I can't find any evidence at all. The only reference to this seems to come out of Dr. Judd but he doesn't provide any evidence it seems just to be his opinion. Can you please provide some evidence?"

I too haven't found much more that the work of Dr. Judd. I did find this really interesting missive/letter from him that jibes with a lot of other things I believe to be true. True teeth care - re-enamalize naturally | 100777.com

I can't see what incentive he would have to make that up but I do see a billion dollar industry at stake if people start remineralizing their teeth naturally. I checked pubmed and dental remineralization in and of itself is a scientifically accepted phenomenon.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals