My Hypothyroidism Journey

OP
L

Lucas

Just one question:

T3 should be taken in away from foods or whit food?

Mittir

T3 should be taken with food to slow down the absorption.
T4 is recommended to be taken at night and usually separate from
calcium rich foods. If you choose to take T4 with food then
it should be done in same routine. Calcium can block up to 25
percent of T4 absorption. That is not a problem if you take it
same way everyday. keeping the T4 intake stable.

RP recommends some people to nibble on T3 tab, taking 1-2 mcg
every 1-2 hours. He also recommends some people to take 4-5 mcg
with food 2-3 times a day. I believe safest route is to start low and slowly
increase dose over 3-4 weeks.

OP
L

Lucas

Thanks’. I will take mine now after eating.

Just to ad that I had oil skin, not the dry skin common with hypothyroidism.

I have acne in my hair/scalp and not in my face.

tara

I take 10 mcg T3 three times a day. I only have 10 and 20 mcg capsules of T3.
You can break the capsule open.

RP recommends some people to nibble on T3 tab, taking 1-2 mcg
every 1-2 hours. He also recommends some people to take 4-5 mcg
with food 2-3 times a day. I believe safest route is to start low and slowly
increase dose over 3-4 weeks.
+1

OP
L

Lucas

I am giving up thyroid today.

I so weak on T3 (in the gym) I already lost 3 pounds of muscle mass since starting thyroid. My legs are become increasing weaker, to the point of my upper body being stronger than my lower. I can’t contract my legs, the joint pain on the knee make my legs heavy, slow and weak.

WTF is that??? Can this be calcification from taking vitamin D without K2 or is this thyroid related?

The point is, every time I starting a thyroid treatment I get hyper fast, whit low TSH, high free T3 but my temperature don’t increase!! Maybe my thyroid is ok and the low temperature is come from excess adrenaline/stress?

I will take off the T3 and T4 treatment and only will take taurine for a month to see if I can get better.

J

jb116

I am giving up thyroid today.

I so weak on T3 (in the gym) I already lost 3 pounds of muscle mass since starting thyroid. My legs are become increasing weaker, to the point of my upper body being stronger than my lower. I can’t contract my legs, the joint pain on the knee make my legs heavy, slow and weak.

WTF is that??? Can this be calcification from taking vitamin D without K2 or is this thyroid related?

The point is, every time I starting a thyroid treatment I get hyper fast, whit low TSH, high free T3 but my temperature don’t increase!! Maybe my thyroid is ok and the low temperature is come from excess adrenaline/stress?

I will take off the T3 and T4 treatment and only will take taurine for a month to see if I can get better.
Are you supplementing pregnenolone and magnesium? These needs are even higher with thyroid. Vit a at times as well.

OP
L

Lucas

I am taking pregnenolone 10 mg before bed (pregnenolone make me sleepy).

Yes, I supplement magnesium at night (is sedative for me).

I don’t take vitamin A.

tara

WTF is that???

I don't know, but maybe:
Second, you are taking a lot of T3. What's the reason for such an extreme dose? You realize that such doses could make you more hypothyroid? Additionally, some people taking as little as 1 mcg of T3 experience estrogenic symptoms, so you have to be careful and watch for water retention, fatigue, etc.

Do you have T4 labs? Peat seems to think total T3 and T4 are more interesting than free T3 and T4.
He says ratio varies, but most people do best somewhere in range 1:2 - 1:4 of T3 :T4. If your T3 is already highish, is there a reason you taking a higher ratio of T3?

If you decide to try it again in the future, how about opening your capsule, and taking ~1/10 of contents every hour or two or more as you feel the need.

If you try to drive up metabolism too high with supplemental thyroid when your body does not consider itself to have adequate resources to support it, it can do various things to lower metabolism to defend itself. Maybe you are missing something else, not thyroid.

dookie

I don't know, but maybe:

Do you have T4 labs? Peat seems to think total T3 and T4 are more interesting than free T3 and T4.
He says ratio varies, but most people do best somewhere in range 1:2 - 1:4 of T3 :T4. If your T3 is already highish, is there a reason you taking a higher ratio of T3?

If you decide to try it again in the future, how about opening your capsule, and taking ~1/10 of contents every hour or two or more as you feel the need.

If you try to drive up metabolism too high with supplemental thyroid when your body does not consider itself to have adequate resources to support it, it can do various things to lower metabolism to defend itself. Maybe you are missing something else, not thyroid.

I have personally tried doses like 0.1 mcg (microgram) of T3, of various recommended brands, with all the orange juice, eggs, liver, cheese, magnesium, etc. in the world, only to find that it made me more hypothyroid, with a water retention that resembles that of a PMS woman. I have tried countless combinations with T4 too, over the years. Like 4 times T4: 1 times T3, 2:1, 8:1, 12:1, 1:1, etc. also trying T4 by itself. Armour, and countless other dessicated products, I also tested thoroughly. My thyroid labs would go up and down, and I once pushed my TSH down close to 0, and my T3 above the medical range, feeling horrible. They never correlated with how I felt, and with symptoms.

For some people, thyroid, in any dose, way, shape or form has these paradoxical estrogenic effects and I haven't been able to find a solution or good explanation for it. I know I'm not the only one, since there were discussions about this on the old Peatarian forum.

OP
L

Lucas

When I starting taking thyroid it was NDT from Thailand.

The first day, after lunch, I take half a grain and wow, I fell amazing!! No more leg pain, my legs fell light, I walked whit relaxed legs, I almost cried of happiness!!

The second day I take one grain, half at morning and half at lunch and too was an amazing day. In this day I gone to the gym and the weights fell light!!

And the curiosity is that in these two days that I fell amazing my temperature don’t increased!!

But in the third day, everything comes back to hypo again.

So, I starting increase the dose every 2 weeks at half grain until I come to 4 grains, when I became too fell weak and lost muscle mass. So I take a blood test and my TSH comes at 0,015 and free T4 and T3 above range.

So, after that, I stopped taking thyroid for some months. My strength comes back. Did a blood test and TSH come at 4.8 but free T3 still above range.

I started taking t4 + t3 again and ban, weak and lost muscle mass again, whit no increased temperature.

My problem is that thyroid doesn’t increase my temps and make me weak, whit blood tests of hyper.

The only things that increase my temperature are caffeine. Interesting.

Drareg

Like many have asked already, why are you taking T3 ??
Your labs indicate you should not?

You state the problem is thyroid not working? What are your expectations from thyroid and reading of Peats articles on this?

OP
L

Lucas

Doctor put me on T4 + T3 because of my TSH of 4.8, low body temperature and fatigue.

My expectations is a normal body temperature whit no fatigue.

Drareg

Your other posts you said you were taking a gaba drug for sleep?not sure about the mechanism behind that drug,they are using pregablin as an alternative this drug, pregnenlone might be the way forward for you as a man? Pregenolone helps convert t4 to t3 along with reducing serotonin, something you have issue with also.
Is this drug good, might have a side effect of what you are getting?

Drareg

Having enough cholesterol to make steroids from increase thyroid is vital, you say your ok on vitamin A.
Your cholesterol might be low?

Drareg

It may have gone down, you said you felt good at the start with thyroid?

Drareg

It may have used all your cholesterol, that's a guess, thyroid is potent stuff that can correct things very quickly.
You should up your coconut oil intake with it to see, cronometer is great to check calories including fat intake which should be mainly saturated.
Checking cholesterol with labs while on thyroid is essential imo.

OP
L

Lucas

Just to ad that i have restless leg syndrome when i sleep so i always wake up tired.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals