jaakkima

Just took 1st dose. I put part of it on neck, part on arms, part on leg. On neck and arm it produced strong irritation, on neck perhaps stronger than any other DMSO product I've used. On the leg I feel and see no irritation at all though. Pronounced body calmness, flexibility, calm energy. Far far more than other Mg supplements I've tried.

Last edited:

jaakkima

No irritation when I put it on upper arm either, nor much on other body areas so far. I wonder if the irritation has something to do with the neck & forearm being where I usually put other Idealabs stuff and it's interacting or making more sensitive? I dunno.

Last edited:

Lejeboca

Just an interesting feedback from my 7-day use:

I used magnoil daily up to five drops on my neck or arms (massaging into large cleaned areas, as suggested in this thread). I didn't notice much change, except for having more energy in the afternoon, as some noticed too (e.g., @Obi-wan ). Then on the 5th day, I've put on my chest and used something like 10 drops, by accident. Well, in about 1 hour, I've started having a low-grade headache, which may be described as tension-type rather than migraine and which increased as the day progressed. I didn't take any medication for it. Tried to drink some more coke (to get more caffeine) in addition to coffee and finally took aspirin. But none of these helped. Before going to bed, I took a heaping teaspoon of egg-shell powder with mineral water and... my headache disappeared 15 minutes after this extra calcium intake (!)
So, I concluded that I had too much magnesium that day and made à la homeopathic proving, i.e., a situation when a remedy invokes the symptoms in healthy people that it is supposed to cure in sick (cf. the effect of magnesium on headache in haidut's original post in this thread.)
For the next 2 days after the headache, I've reduced the dose to my "standard" 4-5 drops and all is well again :) . Note that my (non-eggshell) calcium intake stayed more or less the same: during this 7-day period.

Obi-wan

It is amazing how many of us react differently to products we use. Just put 10 drops of Magnoil on my neck and feel good. I think I will experiment with 10 drops per application.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Second day with Magnoil 5 drops on my neck. Ended up doing 30 drops total. No hot feeling today. Would do every time I starting getting neck sensations which went away after 5 minutes. Felt more normal and more loose in my joints. Also felt happier...Haidut you are going to get a lot of orders on this as I am posting my appeal of Magnoil on various threads...I believe site application makes a big difference. No bowel issues by the way.

Amazing, thanks for the great feedback!
And for those wondering (@bzmazu) - I do not have any marketing staff and do not recruit people from the forum to tout my wares :): If it works, people will speak about it. If it does not, then no amount of marketing will help in the long run.
As simple as that.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Magnoil is the best mag supplement I’ve ever used. Sleep has been phenomenal, temps and heart rate have been up, yet always produces a calm and serene feeling. 5 drops am, 10 drops a couple hours before bed, and 5 drops 30 min-1 hour after that. A couple mornings I was literally sweating with a 90 pulse. Great stuff.

Nice! Let me know if you notice improved or more frequent bowel movement with regular use or higher doses.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just an interesting feedback from my 7-day use:

I used magnoil daily up to five drops on my neck or arms (massaging into large cleaned areas, as suggested in this thread). I didn't notice much change, except for having more energy in the afternoon, as some noticed too (e.g., @Obi-wan ). Then on the 5th day, I've put on my chest and used something like 10 drops, by accident. Well, in about 1 hour, I've started having a low-grade headache, which may be described as tension-type rather than migraine and which increased as the day progressed. I didn't take any medication for it. Tried to drink some more coke (to get more caffeine) in addition to coffee and finally took aspirin. But none of these helped. Before going to bed, I took a heaping teaspoon of egg-shell powder with mineral water and... my headache disappeared 15 minutes after this extra calcium intake (!)
So, I concluded that I had too much magnesium that day and made à la homeopathic proving, i.e., a situation when a remedy invokes the symptoms in healthy people that it is supposed to cure in sick (cf. the effect of magnesium on headache in haidut's original post in this thread.)
For the next 2 days after the headache, I've reduced the dose to my "standard" 4-5 drops and all is well again :) . Note that my (non-eggshell) calcium intake stayed more or less the same: during this 7-day period.

Very interesting, thanks. It suggests calcium in take has to be watched when taking a magnesium supplements as imbalance in favor of magnesium can cause too much GABA agonism and its associated signs like headache, drowsiness, fatigue, etc.

Obi-wan

And for those wondering (@bzmazu) - I do not have any marketing staff and do not recruit people from the forum to tout my wares :): If it works, people will speak about it. If it does not, then no amount of marketing will help in the long run.
As simple as that.
So I don't get an IdeaLabs XL teeshirt...o_O

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So I don't get an IdeaLabs XL teeshirt...o_O

We don't have T-shirts yet but I plan on ordering a few and then doing a giveaway on the forum. So, when we get them I can send you one but it cannot be in exchange for positive reviews. I don't want to turn into another Amazon, you know :):

Obi-wan

We don't have T-shirts yet but I plan on ordering a few and then doing a giveaway on the forum. So, when we get them I can send you one but it cannot be in exchange for positive reviews. I don't want to turn into another Amazon, you know :):
I better not tell @bzmazu. He will want one also...

B

Braveheart

As simple as that.
Brother, that was a joke......

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Brother, that was a joke......

I know Mr. John, that's why I put the smiley face. However, even though you were joking there are some people who truly think I hire people on the forum to promote my stuff, so that statement was more for them. Not that it would change anything, but I had to say it.

B

Braveheart

I know Mr. John, that's why I put the smiley face. However, even though you were joking there are some people who truly think I hire people on the forum to promote my stuff, so that statement was more for them. Not that it would change anything, but I had to say it.
Understood, no problem...I know your products speak for themselves...good you said this...

Obi-wan

I have used many of the IdeaLabs products. Some work for me some don't. But we are all different...Magnoil hits the spot for me. Did 10 drops x 4 yesterday (total 666 mgs) really not that much in my opinion. Will do again today. I do 50-100 Progesterone so need more magnesium or I get muscle cramps.

Obi-wan

You are very transparent and I applaud you for that!! Just take some Magnoil and you will be fine;)

B

Braveheart

I have used many of the IdeaLabs products. Some work for me some don't. But we are all different...Magnoil hits the spot for me. Did 10 drops x 4 yesterday (total 666 mgs) really not that much in my opinion. Will do again today. I do 50-100 Progesterone so need more magnesium or I get muscle cramps.
Can one take too much Mag? What is average/normal intake? LPI recommends to supplement no more than 350mg?...wait maybe that's for old timers like me...410 RDA...

Obi-wan

In the UK, the recommended daily values for magnesium are 300 mg for men and 270 mg for women.[45] In the U.S. the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) are 400 mg for men ages 19–30 and 420 mg for older; for women 310 mg for ages 19–30 and 320 mg for older.

An adult has 22–26 grams of magnesium,[8][49] with 60% in the skeleton, 39% intracellular (20% in skeletal muscle), and 1% extracellular.[8] Serum levels are typically 0.7–1.0 mmol/L or 1.8–2.4 mEq/L. Serum magnesium levels may be normal even when intracellular magnesium is deficient. The mechanisms for maintaining the magnesium level in the serum are varying gastrointestinal absorption and renal excretion. Intracellular magnesium is correlated with intracellular potassium. Increased magnesium lowers calcium[50] and can either prevent hypercalcemia or cause hypocalcemia depending on the initial level.[50] Both low and high protein intake conditions inhibit magnesium absorption, as does the amount of phosphate, phytate, and fat in the gut. Unabsorbed dietary magnesium is excreted in feces; absorbed magnesium is excreted in urine and sweat

Low plasma magnesium (hypomagnesemia) is common: it is found in 2.5–15% of the general population.[56] The primary cause of deficiency is low dietary intake: fewer than 10% of people in the United States meet the recommended dietary allowance. Other causes are increased renal or gastrointestinal loss, an increased intracellular shift, and proton-pump inhibitor antacid therapy. Most are asymptomatic, but symptoms referable to neuromuscular, cardiovascular, and metabolic dysfunction may occur.[56] Alcoholism is often associated with magnesium deficiency. Chronically low serum magnesium levels are associated with metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus type 2, fasciculation, and hypertension.[57]

Overdose from dietary sources alone is unlikely because excess magnesium in the blood is promptly filtered by the kidneys,[56] and overdose is more likely in the presence of impaired renal function -Wikipedia

@Travis, how does transdermal magnesium fit into the picture? My situation might be unique for a higher dose...

Last edited:

Lejeboca

Very interesting, thanks. It suggests calcium in take has to be watched when taking a magnesium supplements as imbalance in favor of magnesium can cause too much GABA agonism and its associated signs like headache, drowsiness, fatigue, etc.

Thanks, @haidut . I will experiment with Ca/Mg ratios and report if anything comes up. I will also experiment with changing application places and times of the day per @Obi-wan, @Kennya, and @Dolomite observations.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Thanks, @haidut . I will experiment with Ca/Mg ratios and report if anything comes up. I will also experiment with changing application places and times of the day per @Obi-wan, @Kennya, and @Dolomite observations.

I am using 4 drops per day now. I use two at night on my back or neck like @Obi-wan and two drops on the top of my feet in the morning. Too many drops give me a slight stress reaction with some chest pain as if my heart is really working hard. This is great stuff and a little goes a long way. Also, more drops did slightly affect my bowels.

That is good to know about countering too much Mg with some eggshell calcium.

Obi-wan

Did 10 drops x 4 yesterday all on the back of my neck. No muscle cramps

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals