Transdermal Magnesium Chloride, Studies

vulture

I use it. Glad to see this study. I use only one spray per upper leg. When I run out of my Mg oil supply, I plan to use my Mg oxide mixed with water, in the same spray bottle. But that's a while off, so I don't have the amounts of water to Mg worked out yet. Lots about it online and at Amazon in the comments... Cheaper than buying the ready made. :rolleyes:
Hey, Birdie, world magnessium chloride with coconut oil or olive oil do the trick? I want to apply it to varicose veins to see if they shrink

BibleBeliever

i recently read about very interesting recipe to make Mg acetate.the acetate form is the least diarrhea forming Mg supplement(there is one study compared it to gluconate and acetate produced less disturbing). and it also has good absorption rate.
View attachment 4344

and the recipe is easy ,cheap and easy to access ingredients. you need milk of magnesia(magnesium hydroxide) and vinegar.mix 1 part MOM with 3 part vinegar and it yields Mg acetate.you can find more info about it on internet.

also oral magnesium oxide has good bioavailability converse to what they say about it. Magnesium Oxide Is (surpringly) Better Than Citrate
I bought some milk of magnesia for this purpose, can't find much on the conversion yet.
1ml of the magnesia has 80 mg of magnesium; so 3ml of vinegar for each ml; so if I want 320 mg of magnesium I need to consume 1 tablespoon of the vinegar.
Do you have a specific site with more about it; or do I just let them sit mixed for 24 hours?

Think it was about 5 dollars for the milk of magnesia. 80mg per ml x500ml =40 grams of magnesium.
A glycinate I bought for 23 dollars has 120mg per gram at 120 grams= 14.4 grams.

So the savings vs glyicinate magnesium is very impressive; especially if acetate is just as absorbing.

OP
P

paymanz

I bought some milk of magnesia for this purpose, can't find much on the conversion yet.
1ml of the magnesia has 80 mg of magnesium; so 3ml of vinegar for each ml; so if I want 320 mg of magnesium I need to consume 1 tablespoon of the vinegar.
Do you have a specific site with more about it; or do I just let them sit mixed for 24 hours?

Think it was about 5 dollars for the milk of magnesia. 80mg per ml x500ml =40 grams of magnesium.
A glycinate I bought for 23 dollars has 120mg per gram at 120 grams= 14.4 grams.

So the savings vs glyicinate magnesium is very impressive; especially if acetate is just as absorbing.
Yeah 1:3 milk of magnesia to vinegar. Just mix it for 3-4 min is enough.so all of vinegars react with mom.it changes colors a few times as you mix.

Idk any especial site, but there is some sites about this.

Yes you probably have seen a table tat I posted in page 1 of this thread, according to this data and also my own experience, its apparently a really good form of Mg,if not best.

Last edited:
OP
P

paymanz

You can add a little more vinegar to the point it start to taste acidic.
To ensure there is enough vinegar to react with mom.

I say it because vinegars might be different at acetic acid level. So a bit of adjustment is good.

BibleBeliever

Yeah 1:3 milk of magnesia to vinegar. Just mix it for 3-4 min is enough.so all of vinegars react with mom.it changes colors a few times as you mix.

Yes you probably have seen a table tat I posted in page 1 of this thread, according to this data and also my own experience, its apparently a really good form of Mg,if not best.
Thanks

vulture

Is this mixture useful for topical administration?

Birdie

Hey, Birdie, world magnessium chloride with coconut oil or olive oil do the trick? I want to apply it to varicose veins to see if they shrink
Just saw this and sorry I don't know.

OP
P

paymanz

I don't think it works good with any oil, as Mg chloride is not soluble in lipids...

TripleOG

@paymanz

Good thread. I'm attempting to make magnesium acetate using Mg Hydroxide powder and 5% vinegar. Is the final solution supposed to be clear or mildly cloudy?

TripleOG

Its mildly cloudy, I can't see the other side of glass.

Thanks. Made some this morning and wanted to make sure I was on the right track. Took 2.5g Mg Hydroxide in about 120mL vinegar soon after waking on empty stomach. Body temp shot up. Been about 5 hours and haven't sprinted to the bathroom.

Are you still using this method? If so, how's your experience been so far?

Also, can we take this with food?

OP
P

paymanz

Thanks. Made some this morning and wanted to make sure I was on the right track. Took 2.5g Mg Hydroxide in about 120mL vinegar soon after waking on empty stomach. Body temp shot up. Been about 5 hours and haven't sprinted to the bathroom.

Are you still using this method? If so, how's your experience been so far?

Also, can we take this with food?
isnt 120 ml vinegar too much? as i said i mix it 1:3 MOM to vinegar. if you add too much of either of them it lefts un reacted so you basically drink some Mg acetat + vinegar .

but idk maybe vinegar also has some benefits.

i have not taken Mg sups for a while . but if i decide to supplement, acetate and also oxide are still my choice.

Last edited:
OP
P

paymanz

some times i think foods like banana are safer than Mg supplements. ray doesnt like bananas but they are probably safer i guess,but not sure.

some high quality bananas specially. and also cocoa powder and chocolates.

Arrade

if you were curious about effectiveness of magnesium oil ,like me

Effects of transdermal magnesium chloride on quality of life for patients with fibromyalgia: a feasibility study. - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Fibromyalgia is a syndrome characterized by chronic pain, fatigue, depression, and sleep disturbances. Its primary cause is unclear. Several studies have reported decreased intracellular magnesium levels in patients with fibromyalgia and have found negative correlation between magnesium levels and fibromyalgia symptoms.

OBJECTIVE:
To gather preliminary data on whether transdermal magnesium can improve quality of life for women who have fibromyalgia.

DESIGN, SETTING, PARTICIPANTS AND INTERVENTIONS:
This is a patient questionnaires and survey in a fibromyalgia clinic at a tertiary medical center. Forty female patients with the diagnosis of fibromyalgia were enrolled. Each participant was provided a spray bottle containing a transdermal magnesium chloride solution and asked to apply 4 sprays per limb twice daily for 4 weeks. Participants were asked to complete the Revised Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire, SF-36v2 Health Survey, and a quality-of-life analog scale at baseline, week 2, and week 4.

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE:
Questionnaire and survey scores, evaluated through intent-to-treat and per-protocol analyses.

RESULTS:
Twenty-four patients completed the study (mean [SD] age, 57.2 [7.6] years; white, 95%; mean body mass index, 31.3 kg/m2). With intention-to-treat analysis, Revised Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire subscale and total scores were significantly improved at week 2 and week 4 (total score, P=0.001). Per-protocol analysis results were similar: all subscales of the Revised Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire were significantly improved at week 2 and week 4 (total score, P=0.001).

CONCLUSION:
This pilot study suggests that transdermal magnesium chloride applied on upper and lower limbs may be beneficial to patients with fibromyalgia.

New study on Mg trasdermal absorption,

Effect of transdermal magnesium cream on serum and urinary magnesium levels in humans: A pilot study

Another one , a review
Myth or Reality—Transdermal Magnesium?
excellent

TripleOG

isnt 120 ml vinegar too much? as i said i mix it 1:3 MOM to vinegar. if you add too much of either of them it lefts un reacted so you basically drink some Mg acetat + vinegar .

but idk maybe vinegar also has some benefits.

i have not taken Mg sups for a while . but if i decide to supplement, acetate and also oxide are still my choice.

I went off the GHG instructions to add vinegar until solution was clear. Took around 100ml of 5% acidity vinegar. This was for 2.5g Mg Hydroxide powder, which is 2 TBSP of MoM. I tried the 1:3 ratio, but it was still very cloudy. The pH when it cleared was 6, a little lower than the guide suggested.

OP
P

paymanz

I went off the GHG instructions to add vinegar until solution was clear. Took around 100ml of 5% acidity vinegar. This was for 2.5g Mg Hydroxide powder, which is 2 TBSP of MoM. I tried the 1:3 ratio, but it was still very cloudy. The pH when it cleared was 6, a little lower than the guide suggested.
i got it now.my recipe is based on 8% MOM solution , but you used powder without any water. now seems to be correct.

OP
P

paymanz

@TripleOG if you ingested all of it its around 1g elemental Mg. how was its effect on digestion? any disturbance?

thats relatively big dose, maybe too much?!

magnesium hydroxide is 42% elemental Mg.

TripleOG

@TripleOG if you ingested all of it its around 1g elemental Mg. how was its effect on digestion? any disturbance?

thats relatively big dose, maybe too much?!

magnesium hydroxide is 42% elemental Mg.

Lol yes I aimed for 1g to test tolerance. Took that amount twice so far and handled it well both times. No bathroom emergencies. Maybe I'm deficient? Idk. I plan to do much less for routine use, though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals