yerrag

Haidut, enjoying the Magnoil so far. Muscles more relaxed majority of the time.
But weird thing is I havent had a cramp in a long long time or any twitching muscles.
But today I had the worst hamstring cramp I can remember and for past 3 days Ive been getting twitching on and off in my left shoulder, often through the whole night.
Only using 6 drops per day.
Any ideas as to why it appears the Magnoil is causing these symptoms? I get plenty of salt, always, and lots of potassium through OJ.
Your muscles can probably get some massage that relieves them of lactic acid. Perhaps the lactic acid is interfering with the contraction and relaxation of your muscles. Is thiamine something that somehow reduces lactic acid?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut any update on using a different carrier besides dsmo?

The magnesium pidolate does not dissolve in anything else even remotely close to how well it dissolves in DMSO. I can use other solvents with other magnesium salts, but none of the ones we tried came even close to transdermal absorption effectiveness. That's why we went with the pidolate - i.e. dissolves very well and with DMSO it absorbs almost completely. Magnesium is not something you want lingering on your skin as it irritates quite easily (as it does the GI tract). So, other solvents that let less magnesium absorb would lead to more irritation than DMSO even if the solvent itself is not irritating since the magnesium will stay on the skin for longer.
That being said, we still experiment with some other magnesium salts and without DMSO but the absorption won't be nearly as good as with the DMSO. I guess for some people the tradeoff will be worth it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
To @Obi-wan and @Kennya - we don't dump the DMSO. If we find another solvent/salt that works it would just be offered as another option to choose from when ordering.

Katty

Excited to try this product, as I'm always slathering myself with some sort of magnesium.

@haidut Do you think it's possible to make a similar product with potassium?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Excited to try this product, as I'm always slathering myself with some sort of magnesium.

@haidut Do you think it's possible to make a similar product with potassium?

FDA regulates potassium and mandates that such products cannot contain more than 99mg potassium per dose, which is a tiny amount considering the RDA. So, there is no point doing this with potassium.

Katty

FDA regulates potassium and mandates that such products cannot contain more than 99mg potassium per dose, which is a tiny amount considering the RDA. So, there is no point doing this with potassium.
I forgot about the 99mg rule. That's a bummer. Thanks for your response.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I'm excited to try this one topically on the scalp to help remove Nitric Oxide. I think that one of the reasons that red light might not be effective for many with hair loss is that while red light can unbind NO magnesium is required to remove it from the cell. This is something I never connected to hair loss before.

Also if the scalp is calcified or has poor blood flow due to fibrosis even if one is taking supplemental Magnesium it will be difficult for it to reach the scalp and help remove it from the cell. Many have theorized that Magnesium oil helps for hair loss by reducing calcification and that may be a factor but it could equally be its effect on NO.

yerrag

I'm excited to try this one topically on the scalp to help remove Nitric Oxide. I think that one of the reasons that red light might not be effective for many with hair loss is that while red light can unbind NO magnesium is required to remove it from the cell. This is something I never connected to hair loss before.

Also if the scalp is calcified or has poor blood flow due to fibrosis even if one is taking supplemental Magnesium it will be difficult for it to reach the scalp and help remove it from the cell. Many have theorized that Magnesium oil helps for hair loss by reducing calcification and that may be a factor but it could equally be its effect on NO.

Please let us know how it works out for hair loss for you.

I don't know about the NO side of it, but I was thinking the same about the probability of topical magnesium being helpful for hairloss by its action on calcified cells on the scalp.

Also thinking if adding B6 to the Magnoil would help, as I've read of B6 and magnesium being able to remove kidney stones by way of dissolving the calcified stones.

And wonder if the palmitic acid would help to bring the magnesium inside the cell. @haidut would MitoLipin work in conjunction with Magnoil to enable more effective delivery of magnesium to the cell, since MitoLipin has palmitic acid?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Please let us know how it works out for hair loss for you.

I don't know about the NO side of it, but I was thinking the same about the probability of topical magnesium being helpful for hairloss by its action on calcified cells on the scalp.

Also thinking if adding B6 to the Magnoil would help, as I've read of B6 and magnesium being able to remove kidney stones by way of dissolving the calcified stones.

And wonder if the palmitic acid would help to bring the magnesium inside the cell. @haidut would MitoLipin work in conjunction with Magnoil to enable more effective delivery of magnesium to the cell, since MitoLipin has palmitic acid?

I plan on combining it with topical cardenosine which containts vitamin B6 and Sol-ban. I think it is likely that the de-calcification would also have a benefit and it is something that has been theorized for a while and used by people like @CoolTweetPete but I wonder if the removal of nitric oxide is what really brings about the hair growth benefit rather than the de-calcification. Either way both good benefits.

Douglas Ek

@haidut
Wouldn't it be useful to make a transdermal Zinc supplement?
It has proven effective in rats previously
Zinc absorption through skin: correction of zinc deficiency in the rat. - PubMed - NCBI

And my thought is that if you used it transdermally you would not get an increase in Metallothionein both inhibiting zinc absorption in the gut and inhibiting absorption of other minerals?
I find it kinda hard to increase serum zinc in general for some reason
Another bonus is you would not get the stomach nausea some people get from zinc supplements.

BeHealthy

Thank you so much for the kind words and feedback!
For what it's worth, as I mentioned in other responses above, after about a week or so at 20-30 drops daily usage most people seem to be able to scale down and get by on 10 drops or less daily as the magnesium stores seem to have been replenished and going forward just have to be maintained. So, with such usage the bottle should last a lot longer than one month, which brings the cost down even more.
Thank you for this information. Is it necessary to load Magnoil, or will a consistent dose of 10 drops per day eventually replenish the magnesium stores, granting the same result.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Wouldn't it be useful to make a transdermal Zinc supplement?
It has proven effective in rats previously
Zinc absorption through skin: correction of zinc deficiency in the rat. - PubMed - NCBI

And my thought is that if you used it transdermally you would not get an increase in Metallothionein both inhibiting zinc absorption in the gut and inhibiting absorption of other minerals?
I find it kinda hard to increase serum zinc in general for some reason
Another bonus is you would not get the stomach nausea some people get from zinc supplements.

I am not a fan of isolated zinc supplementation. Food like oysters is probably best source of zinc.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you for this information. Is it necessary to load Magnoil, or will a consistent dose of 10 drops per day eventually replenish the magnesium stores, granting the same result.

If used consistently over say 2 weeks event the lower dose (10 drops) should increase magnesium stores.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Ok so used it a couple of times on my scalp before bed probably about 20 drops. Instant warming effect this is probably a combination of the magnesium qland dsmo. Feel generally ok, haven't noticed any negative effects so far.

One thing that is interesting is that it has resulted in a lot of scalp skin flaking off. Now this might be a good thing as I suffer from hair loss and the dsmo is likely breaking down the excess sebum and hopefully the magnesium is helping to breakdown any calcification. However I do worry that it might be going to far. While excess sebum is surely bad I'd wager that too Low has equal problems when it comes to hair loss. For now my scalp feels less tight and a bit looser and generally cleaner all good things and when combined with my scalp massages it really removed a lot of flakes.

If I reach a point where my scalp feels too dry I'll probably start application on other areas.

All and all so far so good.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I literally see steam flames when I apply Magnoil on my stomach area. What is that?

Not sure, could be DMSO vapors. I have not heard/seen anybody else report this.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok so used it a couple of times on my scalp before bed probably about 20 drops. Instant warming effect this is probably a combination of the magnesium qland dsmo. Feel generally ok, haven't noticed any negative effects so far.

One thing that is interesting is that it has resulted in a lot of scalp skin flaking off. Now this might be a good thing as I suffer from hair loss and the dsmo is likely breaking down the excess sebum and hopefully the magnesium is helping to breakdown any calcification. However I do worry that it might be going to far. While excess sebum is surely bad I'd wager that too Low has equal problems when it comes to hair loss. For now my scalp feels less tight and a bit looser and generally cleaner all good things and when combined with my scalp massages it really removed a lot of flakes.

If I reach a point where my scalp feels too dry I'll probably start application on other areas.

All and all so far so good.

Thanks for the feedback. I think 20 drops on the scalp may be a bit too much. Where do you find enough area to rub all those 20 drops? But if it makes you feel good then I'd keep using it.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the feedback. I think 20 drops on the scalp may be a bit too much. Where do you find enough area to rub all those 20 drops? But if it makes you feel good then I'd keep using it.

I've got a big head haha. Maybe I'm overdoing it. 4-5 each temple 5 on crown and 5 on peak. Maybe better to do one or two on each section and rub the whole area?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've got a big head haha. Maybe I'm overdoing it. 4-5 each temple 5 on crown and 5 on peak. Maybe better to do one or two on each section and rub the whole area?

I would try that as I think 20 drops is probably too much when spread on not big enough area and could be leading to the skin irritation of the magnesium stays unabsorbed.