If PUFA's Are One Of The Main Causes Of Aging, Why Don't Fruitarians Look Younger Than Other People

raypeatclips

:emoji_cartwheel: Thanks @lisaferraro.

On the topic of veganism, here is an interesting video from 2011 on the toxicity of eating too much protein, which Dr Tel Oren puts at over 50g per day - and that is the figure for bodybuilders!

Dr Tel agrees with Dr Robert Morse that protein is acid-forming. He says our bodies naturally work to extract amino acids from our food, conserve and recycle them, but this is because we are still natural vegans - our bodies expect a low protein diet!

He says we get sick if we start eating large amounts of grains, seeds, nuts and legumes or any amount of animal products!

It is quite different from Ray Peat's advice, so maybe he has gone wrong somewhere!

I have eaten 50 grams of protein for a while and eaten 100+ grams of protein for a while. I feel considerably better in all aspects with the higher amount of protein. I don't buy this video.

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Nice! I used to like roasting baby potatoes with rosemary and garlic. Excellent combo!

Okay, gotcha! I ended up finding a curry mix that contains only coriander, fenugreek, turmeric, cumin, ginger and mustard from the Monterey Bay Spice Company.

LOL Well, I suppose if someone's going to have an odor, cinnamon is a nice one to have – moisturize with some cocoa butter and a person could smell pretty delicious!

But yeah, spices can definitely leave their mark. Fenugreek is known to cause a maple syrup odor. With me being part Canadian French and part maple syrup, I can totally appreciate that! :)

Yeah, it can be difficult to discern. I'm not sure I can describe it well, but intuition for me is a dialogue with my true self – the one under the layers of external influences. It means following what it is I truly want and not allowing my logical mind's million and one "what ifs" to talk me out of doing so.

When following my intuition, I feel this light expansiveness, joy and lack of resistance/struggle – like a child. It's the opposite of the often fear and no pain, no gain mentality of my logical mind. It isn't motivated by what someone outside myself believes. It's not concerned with societal norms or "belonging."

I'm not sure that makes any sense but basically, intuition to me means painting the canvas of my life with my own brush, not someone else's.

Yep! Acids are dehydrating/solidifying. I like to think of an alkaline state as being like water – flexible and free flowing both in mind and body and not at all rigid like an overly acidic state. I had a lot of popping in my spine when things first started loosening up.

So they essentially want to turn us into cannibals? Do you think we taste like chicken? JK Yeah, they possibly do think they're helping humanity – assuming they plan on feeding their hu-meat to the poor and starving.

So far, I've only been able to watch the first few minutes of Dr. Morse's video with Anubuddha, but it reminded me of a show I saw a couple days ago called The Healer. It follows an Australian energy healer named Charlie Goldsmith. One of the healings was on a toddler named Gibson who has a rare adrenal disease.

For the first few minutes of the episode, all I could think was that he had a pituitary weakness that's suppressing his adrenals because he's tiny and his mum is short. Later, we're told he was recently diagnosed with a pituitary disease so the poor little guy now suffers through getting HGH shots.

The sweetest thing happened, though. Charlie payed the family a visit the day after performing the healing and Gibson hugged him the entire time he talked with Gibson's parents. He just held onto Charlie, knowing he was the one who relieved him of the pain he had felt since birth.

Not sure they're anything novel but for myself, I've mostly been making creamy soups like creamy tomato, mango and basil, creamy cucumber and herbs and coconut curry, and for my dad, I've made rice and refried bean burritos made with sprouted spelt wraps, white bean chili, lo mein, spring rolls and almond cream cheese wontons, and different kinds of soups.

For Thanksgiving my mum roasted some turkey tenderloin for my uncle, my brother and his fiancé, but everything else was plant-based. We made roasted garlic and herbed baby potatoes, butternut squash and turnip, maple glazed roasted carrots, cream cheese and chive mashed potatoes, sweet corn casserole, stuffing, flaky biscuits, cranberry sauce and had two kinds of cheese cake – chocolate and plain with blueberry compote.

Oh, and thank you for posting the above video. I'll check it now. :)

L

lollipop

:emoji_cartwheel: Thanks @lisaferraro.

On the topic of veganism, here is an interesting video from 2011 on the toxicity of eating too much protein, which Dr Tel Oren puts at over 50g per day - and that is the figure for bodybuilders!

Dr Tel agrees with Dr Robert Morse that protein is acid-forming. He says our bodies naturally work to extract amino acids from our food, conserve and recycle them, but this is because we are still natural vegans - our bodies expect a low protein diet!

He says we get sick if we start eating large amounts of grains, seeds, nuts and legumes or any amount of animal products!

It is quite different from Ray Peat's advice, so maybe Dr Tel has gone wrong somewhere!

Hi @Richiebogie!

Thank you for tagging me :):

I do think too much protein could be acid forming. Makes sense actually. What I don’t agree with is a fixed quantity number. This quantity seems to be a moving target and different for each person, each person’s state of metabolic health, organ health, even different needs or states at different points in our lives. I even vaguely remember @Jennifer mentioning something like this in a post she made a long time ago. I thought it was extremely wise. Forgive me but I do not think I could ever find it again - lol.

I was a vegetarian for 17 years and vegan for a good portion. A good part of that was while I lived in India. Then I started feeling starved. It dawned on me how little nutrition there was in the veggies in India because of the depleted soil. A tomato looks nutritious but void of minerals and nutrients. I started drinking milk and eating yogurt and instantly felt nourished again.

Then at one point I began craving eggs and dreaming about eggs which totally worried me because I was doing heavy meditation and trying to become “realized” - seems soooo funny now. I went to consult with the awesome Ayurvedic doctor Vasant Lad. He told me I would not “de-evolve” If I ate eggs. He checked my pulse, tongue, even eyes and asked for my Vedic Chart and explained that I had just moved into my Mercury dasa which was causing my brain to steal from my body all of my nutrients and protein and causing my body to starve. He told me during this dasa I should eat eggs as my brain needed more protein.

After this experience, I began to understand that I need to listen to my body and its needs rather than eat from a philosophical perspective. AND that my needs are a moving target. Currently this seems to serving me well.

Also I have enjoyed the conversation between you and Jennifer and has taught me so much. Thank you!

Travis

Thanks lisaferraro.
It is quite different from Ray Peat's advice, so maybe Dr Tel has gone wrong somewhere!
That guy is good. You should hear his talk on allergenic proteins, and see how they connect with prostaglandins. Allergenic proteins can induce the production and release of interferon‐γ from T cells, which then go‐on to increase prostaglandin production on the cell through increasing transcription of phospholipase A₂. This is strange how it's thought to work: Interferon‐γ is thought to dive straight into the receptor, on the cell membrane, and then become 'internalized' by the cell (somehow). Either way, it certainly does increase prostaglandin production; that part is undeniable.

So, I was thinking that allergenic foods plus linoleic acid are an especially bad combination.They would act in tandem to increase prostaglandin flux.

It is hard to consolidate Ray Peat's ideas on protein with people like Tel Oren's. I don't see how anything over the 'nitrogen balance requirement' can be considered beneficial, as it adds excessive methionine and tryptophan. But then again, gelatin does not play by the rules Tel Oren is talking about.. .

Wagner83

It is hard to consolidate Ray Peat's ideas on protein with people like Tel Oren's. I don't see how anything over the 'nitrogen balance requirement' can be considered beneficial, as it adds excessive methionine and tryptophan. But then again, gelatin does not play by the rules Tel Oren is talking about.. .
Do you have any idea why some people feel better with more proteins (let's say around 80-120 grams) per day? There was this study which showed high carb meals without proteins increase serotonin and, although I confess I eat white rice and some other starch, it matches my experience so far, I feel like total crap after a high carb low protein meal.

Travis

Do you have any idea why some people feel better with more proteins (let's say around 80-120 grams) per day? There was this study which showed high carb meals without proteins increase serotonin and, although I confess I eat white rice and some other starch, it matches my experience so far, I feel like total crap after a high carb low protein meal.
Yes, there are many studies which show that. The explanation that Fernstrom uses goes something like this: Insulin causes amino acid influx into the cell, pulling in all amino acids besides tryptophan because its firmly‐bound to one of the seven experimentally‐determined tryptopan binding sites on serum albumin—its carrier protein. So it doesn't so much raise tryptophan, it raises it's ratio by lowering all others.

But then again, if this is insulin‐dependent than it's insulin‐dependent; this may not strictly be carbohydrate‐dependent. By accepting the Fernstrom mechanism, you would think that things such as rice and bread could raise brain serotonin while something like most fruit would not. If serotonin is the concern, keep in mind that more protein means more tryptophan (in absolute amount; saying nothing about the ratio).

I admit that I kinda feel like crap after eating rice too. I don't really eat cooked food anymore.

From my experience: the dates not only taste better with the shredded coconut, but have a more stabilizing effect.

Wagner83

Yes, there are many studies which show that. The explanation that Fernstrom uses goes something like this: Insulin causes amino acid influx into the cell, pulling in all amino acids besides tryptophan because its firmly‐bound to one of the seven experimentally‐determined tryptopan binding sites on serum albumin—its carrier protein. So it doesn't so much raise tryptophan, it raises it's ratio by lowering all others.

But then again, if this is insulin‐dependent than it's insulin‐dependent; this may not strictly be carbohydrate‐dependent. By accepting the Fernstrom mechanism, you would think that things such as rice and bread could raise brain serotonin while something like most fruit would not. If serotonin is the concern, keep in mind that more protein means more tryptophan (in absolute amount; saying nothing about the ratio).

I admit that I kinda feel like crap after eating rice too. I don't really eat cooked food anymore.

From my experience: the dates not only taste better with the shredded coconut, but have a more stabilizing effect.
Ok so controlling the insulin response may be a good idea for serotonin control as well then, perhaps this is why many people do better when they eat balanced meals although the smaller but longer insulin response could be an issue as well. Perhaps the fibers and whole fruits would also be better suited than fruit juices in that regard, I don't recall you drinking juices.

Jennifer

lisaferraro said:
I do think too much protein could be acid forming. Makes sense actually. What I don’t agree with is a fixed quantity number. This quantity seems to be a moving target and different for each person, each person’s state of metabolic health, organ health, even different needs or states at different points in our lives. I even vaguely remember @Jennifer mentioning something like this in a post she made a long time ago. I thought it was extremely wise. Forgive me but I do not think I could ever find it again - lol.

Well, no one could fault you for that, Lisa. I've been littering this forum with my long-winded posts since 2014. Haha!

But yes, I absolutely believe that our nutritional needs are a moving target and vary for each person. That's why I feel having a willingness to suspend beliefs and experiment for ourselves is so beneficial. That and owning the foods we like without shame or the need to justify it.

I like that we're all different and like different foods. I like that I like avocados and coconut and maple syrup in everything, that Richie likes his Angostura bitters, Wagner likes his wacky potatoes, Travis likes his coconut and dates with coffee and Amazoniac likes his pboy and burt essences.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I can just imagine the stories you could share about your time in India and "trying to become realized." Loved that! Haha! It made me think of Eat Pray Love. You know, even someone like Dr. Morse, who normally isn't a fan of dense protein sources, has advised very depleted clients to have eggs. :):

L

lollipop

Well, no one could fault you for that, Lisa. I've been littering this forum with my long-winded posts since 2014. Haha!

But yes, I absolutely believe that our nutritional needs are a moving target and vary for each person. That's why I feel having a willingness to suspend beliefs and experiment for ourselves is so beneficial. That and owning the foods we like without shame or the need to justify it.

I like that we're all different and like different foods. I like that I like avocados and coconut and maple syrup in everything, that Richie likes his Angostura bitters, Wagner likes his wacky potatoes, Travis likes his coconut and dates with coffee and Amazoniac likes his pboy and burt essences.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I can just imagine the stories you could share about your time in India and "trying to become realized." Loved that! Haha! It made me think of Eat Pray Love. You know, even someone like Dr. Morse, who normally isn't a fan of dense protein sources, has advised very depleted clients to have eggs. :):
I must say you are so delightful and a beautiful example of a grounded, wise, compassionate human expression. Your efforts are working for you @Jennifer. Happy to know you.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer, Yes we probably know when we are on the right path even if it is narrow, and we seem to happen upon it accidentally!

There can be pressures to get us to take the highway with red meat and pharmaceuticals that leadeth to destruction! Luckily the internet is revealing lots of alternate paths!

The Healer sounds like an interesting show! What a sweet story! I will have to search for some samples on youtube! Well done on diagnosing Pituitary issues! The Morse is strong in you! You are well on your way to becoming a Vegi master!

I must admit I was investigating Ladies of London last night! They seemed to enjoy giving one another guilt trips to the point of tears for not being emotionally supportive enough!!!

I think I will keep away from London society! Also, I would only want cameras on me 24/7 if I was in charge of the editing!

Wow, what an exciting range of foods you have been preparing! It sounds like you are running a gourmet vegan restaurant! Did your turkey eating relatives enjoy the vegan dishes too? I think you may be converting people one belly at a time!

My cooking skills are a bit more basic! (Did I give you my recipe for pitted black olives & ketchup?) I'm not sure I could go as far as monomealing though! I much prefer papaya and banana blended with pineapple juice than any one ingredient alone!

Strange - I just had a craving for something savory, and since I was out of olives I just ate a few tablespoons of tomato sauce! It was so tasty and it reminded me of all the foods I used to have with it: sausage rolls, steak, frankfurts, potatoes, bread and sausages...

Who needs those other foods? They seem to have interesting textures but no flavour! It was the tomato sauce I loved all along!

Hi @lisaferraro, it sounds like you have had some interesting experiences in India and have been very disciplined in the ways of the vegan in the past.

I imagine you ate a lot of rice and roti in India? Like Travis I am not a big fan of rice and other grains. Did you ever get into fruit? As @Wagner83 and Travis explained, a smaller insulin response may not deplete protein as much!

In fact, if Fernstrom is correct, then since most people are grain eaters, then most people would crave Ray Peat levels of protein and have issues with serotonin!

Fruit (Dr Morse) and fat (Dr Tel) might be the only ways to a sustainable low protein diet!

@Travis, while gelatine sounds like the fountain of youth, it contains large amounts of glycine! Some "researchers found that the development of lymphoma and intestinal cancer slowed in mice fed a diet without serine and glycine"!

I hope that revelation doesn't turn any gelatine lovers to jelly! I guess one could argue that feeding cancer does not necessarily mean initiating cancer...?

Last edited:

Travis

Ok so controlling the insulin response may be a good idea for serotonin control as well then, perhaps this is why many people do better when they eat balanced meals although the smaller but longer insulin response could be an issue as well. Perhaps the fibers and whole fruits would also be better suited than fruit juices in that regard, I don't recall you drinking juices.
Fernstrom, J. D. "Elevation of plasma tryptophan by insulin in rat." Metabolism (1972)
I tracked‐down a study in which Fernstrom demonstrated a rise of tryptophan ratio in the blood of rats after insulin injection.

'Insulin administration or the secretion of endogenous insulin depresses the plasma concentrations of most amino acids in mammals. This effect is rapid and is associated with increased amino acid uptake into muscle and accelerated incorporation into protein.' ―Fernstrom
This part I knew—that all other amino acids decrease but tryptophan. This certainly was the case, but there was also an absolute rise in tryptophan itself—not just the ratio. Since brain serotonin synthesis is dependent on the ratio of tryptophan over the five large neutral amino acids lecuine, isoleucine, tyrosine, valine, and phenylalanine, (the correlation between this ratio and brain tryptophan uptake is over .95.) you would expect a serotonin increase by lowering these amino acids. So how did the World's leading expert in brain serotonin–tryptophan kinetics explain this rise? He didn't. Fernstrom had no answer for the absolute rise in plasma tryptophan, he just speculated vague about the liver.

So this makes one wonder how the absolute tryptophan level rises after insulin injection? This could still be an open question, and he didn't provide too many details about how he measured this. There could be a simple explanation, such as the blood itself actually losing volume (becoming more concentrated) after insulin injection. I can't think of any other way to explain it, than perhaps a dehydration of the blood leading to a higher albumin density.

Looks like I could be right about this:

Mackay, J. D. "Cardiovascular effects of insulin: plasma volume changes in diabetics." Diabetologia (1978)

Mackay had experimentally demonstrated reductions in plasma volume after insulin injection:

insulin.png

I think this is likely enough to explain the apparent absolute rise in tryptophan determined by Fernstrom. The lower plasma volume would act to concentrate the serum albumin (where most circulating tryptophan is bound) leading to a greater tryptophan density.

Fernstrom had demonstarated previous to this study that 'free tryptophan' matters little—abumin‐blound tryptophan crosses just as well. Serum albumin has seven confirmed binding sites for tryptophan, from which it's released as it's passes through the blood–brain barrier microcirculation. There are two reasons for this, as far as I can tell: There is a greater total surface area of capillary wall in areas of microcirculation, which follows from simple cylindrical equations; there is also a 'squeezing' effect, as albumin's seven α-helices—which gives it almost the appearance of a Brillo™ pad when modeled—are twisted, bent, warped, gnarled, or otherwise distorted. The latter effect could be expected to be potentiated by the slight rise in blood pressure expected in vessels of gradually-decreasing diameter.

'Gundersen and Christensen found an appreciable fall in plasma volume following small doses of intravenous insulin.' ―Mackay

Last edited:

Xisca

Looking into the eye -- using digital techniques and analysing Big Data -- can provide an accurate picture of a person's general medical condition, facilitate early diagnosis and treatment, and make for transparent patients, research shows.
I was told through iridology at age 11 that my pancreas was week and risked diabetis later.... at 18 I had sugar in urine, and proved some insuline resistance....
So @Travis thanks for the further quotes I made from you.....
What herbs are you currently eating?
dandelion, parsley, chickweed (trying to avoid the new growing euphorbia peplus!), plantago, basella rubra, hibiscus flower, some basilicum with clove taste, some with oregano flavor, pápalo from Bolivia, a wild lettuce is starting, souchus oleacea...
I have eaten 50 grams of protein for a while and eaten 100+ grams of protein for a while. I feel considerably better in all aspects with the higher amount of protein. I don't buy this video.
Do you have any idea why some people feel better with more proteins
For my metabolic tpe, I was told to increase protein to 40% of my caloric intake....
+ increase HCl, as I lack proteins for this reason, and I lack phosphorus, and my ratio with calcium is not good.
I do think too much protein could be acid forming. Makes sense actually. What I don’t agree with is a fixed quantity number. This quantity seems to be a moving target and different for each person, each person’s state of metabolic health
Right, and also you can eat less meat if you eat carbs, as grains are acid forming too!
After this experience, I began to understand that I need to listen to my body and its needs rather than eat from a philosophical perspective. AND that my needs are a moving target. Currently this seems to serving me well.
Perfect expression of what is needed nowadays!
You should hear his talk on allergenic proteins
Is it the one posted by richie?
I am off gluten, sure it is one allergenic! Maybe soy for others, or eggs or sea food....
Insulin causes amino acid influx into the cell
Thus the body can react and shut the door? Like "Sorry, I do not want the flies to come in and I have no net, so I close to everything... Bring me a filter system and I might change my mind"!!
if this is insulin‐dependent than it's insulin‐dependent; this may not strictly be carbohydrate‐dependent.
Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't really eat cooked food anymore.
Well, I even put raw meat in my orange juice now.... And mackerel in lemon juice is great, and i admit i still slightly cook liver.... oysters just to open the shell. Raw mussels are just wonderful!
And raw vegs of course, except green bean or mushrooms....

Wagner83

This part I knew—that all other amino acids decrease but tryptophan. This certainly was the case, but there was also an absolute rise in tryptophan itself—not just the ratio. Since brain serotonin synthesis is dependent on the ratio of tryptophan over the five large neutral amino acids lecuine, isoleucine, tyrosine, valine, and phenylalanine, (the correlation between this ratio and brain tryptophan uptake is over .95.) you would expect a serotonin increase by lowering these amino acids. So how did the World's leading expert in brain serotonin–tryptophan kinetics explain this rise? He didn't. Fernstrom had no answer for the absolute rise in plasma tryptophan, he just speculated vague about the liver.
Ok thanks. Perhaps taking bcaa with a meal would mitigate this change in the balance of amino acids?
Is there any way the enzymes that convert tryptophan away from serotonin could work the other way round?

I like that I like avocados and coconut and maple syrup in everything, that Richie likes his Angostura bitters, Wagner likes his wacky potatoes, Travis likes his coconut and dates with coffee and Amazoniac likes his pboy and burt essences.
I like you, but I can't say I have kept enjoying potatoes as much as when we discussed it. At the time I ignored pretty obvious stress reactions, after eating 1kg of them with some other food I'd sweat like a pig and sometimes felt bloated. Despite sweating tropically my skin was pretty cold. The potatoes made my tongue coating worse, and I saw a few hair pop up on the belly. It is a shame as I like their content (minerals, vitamins, proteins) and taste. I wish they would work, at the time I thought sweating was a good sign through increased temperature / metabolism. Tyw reported issues with potatoes and said their sheer volume could have played a part. Maybe fibers and various allergens have their words too.

Last edited:

Wagner83

Ok thanks. Perhaps taking bcaa with a meal would mitigate this change in the balance of amino acids?
Is there any way the enzymes that convert tryptophan away from serotonin could work the other way round?
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects
"Supplementing BCAAs prevents a serum decline in BCAAs, which occurs during exercise. A serum decline would normally cause a tryptophan influx into the brain, followed by serotonin production, which causes fatigue.

BCAAs are important to ingest on a daily basis, but many protein sources, such as meat and eggs, already provide BCAAs. Supplementation is unnecessary for people with a sufficiently high protein intake (1-1.5g per kg of bodyweight a day or more)."

That sounds really similar to what you posted about digestion and insulin @Travis .
If the same happens during digestion and insulin triggering meals as during exercise, then could it be one of the reasons amino acids are said to help heal digestion? Haidut told me a couple of times how a certain anti serotonin chemical encourages multiple BM a day (temporarily) .@theLaw

Last edited:

Jennifer

I must say you are so delightful and a beautiful example of a grounded, wise, compassionate human expression. Your efforts are working for you @Jennifer. Happy to know you.
Oh, wow! :blush: Thank you for this, Lisa! I'm happy to know you, too. ❤️

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Yeah, I'm thankful for the internet revealing those paths, for sure!

Haha! Thanks! And may the Morse be with you! :D

I just googled the Ladies of London and looked at a clip of the show on YouTube. Oy! The drama! It's way too much for me.

I agree! I would want to be in charge of the editing, except I don't want to see myself on film so that would make the editing process tough. lol

Hmm...a vegan restaurant...maybe I should open one up in Chang Mai. Actually, they have quite a few already so what about a bakery or ice cream shop? I can open it up right next door to a gym and call it You Earned It!

Yep! The entire meal was a hit with everyone. Because the majority of Thanksgiving dishes are mainly plant-based anyway, the only substitution we needed to make was replacing dairy with plant milks and butter.

We use coconut butter, an artisanal cheese (made from just almonds, salt and cultures) that actually tastes like regular cheese, and almond milk – it's made with a lot of almonds so it's quite decadent.

The first time my mum made hot cocoa with the almond milk, she couldn't get over how creamy it was. She said it was the best hot cocoa she had ever had. We also got my dad hazelnut milk that smells pretty close to heaven. lol

What's funny is while I was preparing things for Thanksgiving, I looked outside and counted 36 turkeys in the yard. I tend to throw my fruit and veggie scraps out behind my house. It appears my produce brings all the turkeys to the yard. Hehe!

Oh, nope you didn't. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to get your black olive and ketchup recipe.

I prefer a combination of ingredients, too. I've been playing around with some raw savory recipes to have as staples to help me stay raw. As much as I love fruit, I crave a savory meal during the day.

So far I have the creamy tomato, creamy cucumber herb and coconut curry soup recipes. I just warm them up slightly in the vitamix. Oddly, I get uncomfortably hot now if food is too warm.

I noticed the same thing. It was usually the condiments that made a food for me, except when it came to fruit.

Jennifer

I like you, but I can't say I have kept enjoying potatoes as much as when we discussed it. At the time I ignored pretty obvious stress reactions, after eating 1kg of them with some other food I'd sweat like a pig and sometimes felt bloated. Despite sweating tropically my skin was pretty cold. The potatoes made my tongue coating worse, and I saw a few hair pop up on the belly. It is a shame as I like their content (minerals, vitamins, proteins) and taste. I wish they would work, at the time I thought sweating was a good sign through increased temperature / metabolism. Tyw reported issues with potatoes and said their sheer volume could have played a part. Maybe fibers and various allergens have their words too.
Oh, bummer! Sounds similar to my experience with potatoes, and starch in general, except they didn't cause me bloating. They mostly caused sloshing in my gut. Of course, my adrenals were tanked then so my issues with starch make sense. Have you noticed an improvement with dairy since stopping the potatoes?

Xisca

my adrenals were tanked then so my issues with starch make sense.
I still do not make the link here.... between starch and adrenals! Can you explain?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals