I Think Wearing Gold Increases Progesterone

Literally

You have no evidence hormones will change your appearance over a day.
The studies I cited make pretty good predictions about where in a cycle a woman is based on facial appearance Since a cycle is only ~28 days, if you look at the accuracy of their predictions it's only possible if they can predict changes on the scale of days. This is not hard stuff.

Incidentally, re: testosterone:

Reading men's faces: women's mate attractiveness judgments track men's testosterone and interest in infants

While the above doesn't make claims about the testosterone-based facial changes being detectable very quickly, they make the point that the women who are detecting such things are sensitive right down to a couple of days in their cycle (during ovulation). It would stand to reason that the male signaling would have a similar degree of accuracy. These sorts of signals lack value if they aren't relatively fresh.

Again, I don't need to show any of this in order to point out that your initial criticisms were off base. You would need to show that it's NOT possible in order to be justified in dismissing the OP's claims out of hand. '

Cirion

Some facial changes can indeed happen overnight / within a few hrs even. A prime example: Bags under the eyes due to heavy endotoxin exposure. I can have one night I have extremely prominant bags under the eyes and then the next day look more or less fine or even later the same day. Effects on the skin thus can be rather dramatic, and quick. Bone and actual muscle changes, however, would of course be a lot slower.

Literally

Some facial changes can indeed happen overnight. A prime example: Bags under the eyes due to heavy endotoxin exposure. I can have one night I have extremely prominant bags under the eyes and then the next day look more or less fine or even later the same day. Effects on the skin thus can be rather dramatic, and quick. Bone and actual muscle changes, however, would of course be a lot slower.

Thanks for pointing that out. To me it doesn't seem very contentious. I have noticed rapid changes in "puffiness" of my face (within a day) that I have assumed were realted to cortisol or estrogen.

Jing

Some facial changes can indeed happen overnight / within a few hrs even. A prime example: Bags under the eyes due to heavy endotoxin exposure. I can have one night I have extremely prominant bags under the eyes and then the next day look more or less fine or even later the same day. Effects on the skin thus can be rather dramatic, and quick. Bone and actual muscle changes, however, would of course be a lot slower.
Yh things like bags are different though, your face becoming more feminine would take longer

Inaut

Gold conducts electricity.

We are surrounded by it (full of it as well)

A necklace hangs around the neck, which is close to the thyroid. It could have some sort of effect on the thyroid given the conductivity of the metal. My grandfather told me a story once about being in a gold vault in Switzerland beneath a well known bank. He stated that the hairs on his arms were standing up and he could feel a significant difference being in the vault. Obviously scale is a huge factor here but in theory, I could follow some @lampofred s logic. Interesting post nonetheless. I put on my gold chain this morning for the heck of it.

Might need to sell the house to buy a Cuban link :) :)

@Jing I appreciate your skepticism but not how you approach this here:

Go(l)d bless

Jing

Gold conducts electricity.

We are surrounded by it (full of it as well)

A necklace hangs around the neck, which is close to the thyroid. It could have some sort of effect on the thyroid given the conductivity of the metal. My grandfather told me a story once about being in a gold vault in Switzerland beneath a well known bank. He stated that the hairs on his arms were standing up and he could feel a significant difference being in the vault. Obviously scale is a huge factor here but in theory, I could follow some @lampofred s logic. Interesting post nonetheless. I put on my gold chain this morning for the heck of it.

Might need to sell the house to buy a Cuban link :) :)

@Jing I appreciate your skepticism but not how you approach this here:

Go(l)d bless
I could follow changes happening over days or weeks not hours.

Literally

I could follow changes happening over days or weeks not hours.

The lesson you are supposed to be learning here is that what seems plausible to you doesn't particularly matter... at least it doesn't justify denouncing someones else's experience or proclaiming their hypothesis to be invalid.

Jing

The lesson you are supposed to be learning here is that what seems plausible to you doesn't particularly matter... at least it doesn't justify denouncing someones else's experience or proclaiming their hypothesis to be invalid.
What seems plausible to you doesn't particularly matter either..

teds

Forum Supporter
Having woken up and gone through this feed it’s clear that Jing isn’t getting the points leveled in his direction. His version of this world is if he can see it and touch it then it exists. That’s his logic. Pretty remedial but whatevs. But if he asks one more person to post a ******* picture of themselves..!!!!!

Literally

What seems plausible to you doesn't particularly matter either..

It's why I personally avoid making arguments on that basis.

@Jing, it seems pretty easy for participants here to determine that honoring one another's personal experiences is a core ethic on the forum. When you denounce someone else's experience simply because it doesn't fit your personal model, you invite exactly the kind of criticism you have received. And for good reason. It's not only counter to the culture here it's demonstrably lazy thinking, of the very kind that gets so many mainstream doctors on the wrong path. If it doesn't fit their preconceived model, they quickly denounce. Meanwhile you have someone with a particular experience and you have to maintain they are crazy / hallucinating / lying / etc. While that's always possible, it is impossible to have a productive conversation unless we try to commit to honoring one anothers' experiences. It is also hard to respond to evidence that doesn't fit your model effectively.

What I am having to spell out to you is something you should have already absorbed given your time here @Jing. I have been rude to you because you were rude to the OP in addition to making a series of abysmal arguments. Learn some logic, learn the difference between scientific thinking and scientism. But if you don't do any of that, at least be respectful of others experiences on a forum where that is literally the defining ethos.

Literally

Having woken up and gone through this feed it’s clear that Jing isn’t getting the points leveled in his direction. His version of this world is if he can see it and touch it then it exists. That’s his logic. Pretty remedial but whatevs. But if he asks one more person to post a ******* picture of themselves..!!!!!

@teds post a picture of yourself saying this.

d4b.jpg

Last edited:

Jing

It's why I personally avoid making arguments on that basis.

@Jing, it seems pretty easy for participants here to determine that honoring one another's personal experiences is a core ethic on the forum. When you denounce someone else's experience simply because it doesn't fit your personal model, you invite exactly the kind of criticism you have received. And for good reason. It's not only counter to the culture here it's demonstrably lazy thinking, of the very kind that gets so many mainstream doctors on the wrong path. If it doesn't fit their preconceived model, they quickly denounce. Meanwhile you have someone with a particular experience and you have to maintain they are crazy / hallucinating / lying / etc. While that's always possible, it is impossible to have a productive conversation unless we try to commit to honoring one anothers' experiences. It is also hard to respond to evidence that doesn't fit your model effectively.

What I am having to spell out to you is something you should have already absorbed given your time here @Jing. I have been rude to you because you were rude to the OP in addition to making a series of abysmal arguments. Learn some logic, learn the difference between scientific thinking and scientism. But if you don't do any of that, at least be respectful of others experiences on a forum where that is literally the defining ethos.
Tbh I was never rude my first post I said most likely placebo. Just giving my opinion and I said gloves and rings give me confidence, and I know this is a placebo effect so I don't see why it's far fetched that the ops experience is most likely due to the placebo effect. You seem to think it's a joke or something about taking a picture but why not show me that a necklace can change your appearance? It should not be hard tbh. It's pretty dumb to believe things with no evidence.

Literally

and I know this is a placebo effect

Telling someone you are sure there experience was a placebo IS the problem I'm talking about... sorry you don't see it yet.

The fact that there is literally an Internet meme about this exact variety of douchebaggery, I suppose, is not going to make any impact.

I believe this conversation has worked it's natural course.

UPDATE: found a pretty good word that's not in the swear filter

Jing

Telling someone you are sure there experience was a placebo IS the problem I'm talking about... sorry you don't see it yet.

I believe this conversation has worked it's natural course.
You can't seem to read properly can you? I said I know what I experience with gloves and rings is placebo, I've said op experience is MOST LIKELY placebo, unless I have magical gloves and rings?

Literally

Yep, I should have substituted thew words "most likely" for "sure." I had forgotten since you quickly moved on to "delusional" and so forth.

Jing

Yep, I should have substituted thew words "most likely" for "sure." I had forgotten since you quickly moved on to "delusional" and so forth.
You don't make any sense. Explain why gloves and rings would give me confidence?? Placebo or magical gloves and rings?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals