I Think Wearing Gold Increases Progesterone

tankasnowgod

You must be quite silly to believe a necklace will change your face in less than a day... If you can change your face just like that then everyone would just wear necklaces instead of surgery lmao...

Well, far, FAR more people purchase and wear necklaces than ever get any sort of cosmetic surgery on their faces, so this argument actually goes against your point.

Jing

Well, far, FAR more people purchase and wear necklaces that ever get any sort of cosmetic surgery on their faces, so this argument actually goes against your point.
Omg I can't believe I'm having a debate that necklaces change your face. People don't wear necklaces because it changes their faces. You could always take a picture of your face and then your face while wearing a necklace prove me wrong.

Literally

Please post a picture of your face and then a picture of your face wearing a necklace. Same lighting, same place, same everything apart from necklace, won't take you long as you only need a few hours apart from each picture.

Um, why would I do that? I have no interest in arguing for the OP. Would demonstrating a flaw in the OP's claim retroactively demonstrate that the critics of it were reasoning well?

Jing

Um, why would I do that? I have no interest in arguing for the OP. Would demonstrating a flaw in the OP's claim retroactively demonstrate that the critics of it were reasoning well?
If you claim necklaces change your face then why not show that necklaces do for the people who don't believe it... It is simply a placebo effect.

OP
L

lampofred

Please post a picture of your face and then a picture with a necklace on .

I'm not posting a picture man. It's obviously a subtle difference and not like I got plastic surgery or something. It's like how most people don't believe that PUFA or EMF or even orgasm can affect how they feel and look unless they actually experience it themselves.

Plus it's probably a good thing you don't notice things like this because the people who are more sensitive to changes in their environment are probably in poorer health. For example when I was healthy I wasn't aware enough to know PUFA negatively impacted me.

It doesn't bother me whether you believe me or not so don't.

Literally

>> If you claim necklaces change your face then why not show that necklaces do for the people who don't believe it... It is simply a placebo effect.

You seem confused. I didn't make such a claim. I pointed out that one of the preemptive arguments against the claim was invalid.

As far as reasons people might want to maintain anonymity here, there are many. People involved the health world, for example, might take serious flack for entertaining some of the "heretical" things said here.

I have noticed that people are far more adept at noticing changes in their own countenance / body than others are. Some of my friends who are into bodybuilding for example seem to be positive they are seeing small changes in physiology day to day that are impossible for me to discern. Obviously if the OP doesn't post any evidence, we don't have any huge reason to believe this... but they don't owe you to post that and attempting to dismiss such a claim because it doesn't fit your mental model isn't scientific thinking. Regardless of whether OP turns out to have a valid point.

So no it wouldn't follow that failure to post some pictures means "it is simply a placebo effect" but that you seem to think this is a valid way of reasoning says a lot about you.

ilikecats

upload_2019-7-14_12-49-42.jpeg

Sweet baby Jesus...

tankasnowgod

Omg I can't believe I'm having a debate that necklaces change your face. People don't wear necklaces because it changes their faces. You could always take a picture of your face and then your face while wearing a necklace prove me wrong.

I was just pointing out the flaw in your argument. Anyway, the original poster didn't say that "wearing a necklace changed his face." He specifically stated the LOOK of his face. The changes he describes in his face are subtle, and people notice differences in others (especially the face) depending on different types of clothing and jewelry that they might be wearing. Ever hear someone say "That shirt really brings out the color of your eyes?" Same thing.

Also, based on the title, the OP attributed the effects more to the gold in the necklace than the necklace itself. So, throwing on some puka shells and then taking a picture certainly wouldn't discredit the original idea.

Jing

I'm not posting a picture man. It's obviously a subtle difference and not like I got plastic surgery or something. It's like how most people don't believe that PUFA or EMF or even orgasm can affect how they feel and look unless they actually experience it themselves.

Plus it's probably a good thing you don't notice things like this because the people who are more sensitive to changes in their environment are probably in poorer health. For example when I was healthy I wasn't aware enough to know PUFA negatively impacted me.

It doesn't bother me whether you believe me or not so don't.
A necklace did not change your face in less than a day simple as that.

Jing

I was just pointing out the flaw in your argument. Anyway, the original poster didn't say that "wearing a necklace changed his face." He specifically stated the LOOK of his face. The changes he describes in his face are subtle, and people notice differences in others (especially the face) depending on different types of clothing and jewelry that they might be wearing. Ever hear someone say "That shirt really brings out the color of your eyes?" Same thing.

Also, based on the title, the OP attributed the effects more to the gold in the necklace than the necklace itself. So, throwing on some puka shells and then taking a picture certainly wouldn't discredit the original idea.
You are deluded

Jing

>> If you claim necklaces change your face then why not show that necklaces do for the people who don't believe it... It is simply a placebo effect.

You seem confused. I didn't make such a claim. I pointed out that one of the preemptive arguments against the claim was invalid.

As far as reasons people might want to maintain anonymity here, there are many. People involved the health world, for example, might take serious flack for entertaining some of the "heretical" things said here.

I have noticed that people are far more adept at noticing changes in their own countenance / body than others are. Some of my friends who are into bodybuilding for example seem to be positive they are seeing small changes in physiology day to day that are impossible for me to discern. Obviously if the OP doesn't post any evidence, we don't have any huge reason to believe this... but they don't owe you to post that and attempting to dismiss such a claim because it doesn't fit your mental model isn't scientific thinking. Regardless of whether OP turns out to have a valid point.

So no it wouldn't follow that failure to post some pictures means "it is simply a placebo effect" but that you seem to think this is a valid way of reasoning says a lot about you.
I do not believe a necklace will change your face.

OP
L

lampofred

cool. Tell Peat about it. I'd love to hear his response.

Yeah I'm going to send an email. I hope he doesn't think it's stupid and that I'm wasting his time though...

OP
L

lampofred

I have often wondered if that is why Trump has so much vigor. He surrounds himself with gold.

I think his high diet soda consumption may play a role. Aspartame lowers serotonin and increases dopamine. Unfortunately it's excitotoxic in other ways and kills brain cells.

Jing

Fair enough. No one in this thread actually made that claim, so I don't know what you are arguing against.
noticed when I looked in the mirror that my face had become more feminine looking (eyelashes stood out, lips were red, there was a facelift effect and the corners of my eyes were turned upwards, skin seemed to have more blood in it, and hair seemed "wetter") but not in a way that made it more likely that I could get mistaken for a girl, if that makes any sense. Apparently became more feminine from the gold necklace.

tankasnowgod

You are deluded

Really?

I also was in the bathroom a bit later and noticed when I looked in the mirror that my face had become more feminine looking (eyelashes stood out, lips were red, there was a facelift effect and the corners of my eyes were turned upwards, skin seemed to have more blood in it, and hair seemed "wetter") but not in a way that made it more likely that I could get mistaken for a girl, if that makes any sense.

Those are the OP's words, not mine. Clearly referring to the LOOK of his face.

tankasnowgod

noticed when I looked in the mirror that my face had become more feminine looking (eyelashes stood out, lips were red, there was a facelift effect and the corners of my eyes were turned upwards, skin seemed to have more blood in it, and hair seemed "wetter") but not in a way that made it more likely that I could get mistaken for a girl, if that makes any sense. Apparently became more feminine from the gold necklace.

Right. He clearly is refering to the LOOK of his face. Please quote the passage where he claimed his face had changed.

Literally

To be fair it is a subtle distinction. More importantly @Jing has shown that he can't charitably reason about a point that he doesn't a priori agree with... waste of time at this point to engage further.

FWIW I would be surprised if the claim is true but a poor counterargument remains a poor counterargument.

Jing

Right. He clearly is refering to the LOOK of his face. Please quote the passage where he claimed his face had changed.
Why would a necklace make your face more feminine? Why would it make his lips redder? Why was there a facelift effect from a necklace? Why would a necklace make the corners of his eyes turn upwards? Why would a necklace make his hair wetter lmao.

Cirion

I'm not sure I believe it personally BUT toxic metals like lead, excess iron, and more absolutely can and do inhibit the metabolism/thyroid, so is it really so outlandish to imagine that some metals might do the opposite?

Literally

Why would a necklace make your face more feminine? Why would it make his lips redder? Why was there a facelift effect from a necklace? Why would a necklace make the corners of his eyes turn upwards? Why would a necklace make his hair wetter lmao.

For those who might be hitting the end of this thread first, the original poster clearly proposed a mechanism. The previous commenter (@Jing) apparently thinks of this as rhetoric.

Of course, lack of a known mechanism doesn't rule out an effect.

Dumb and rude is not a good combination. In my experience you want to max out at one of these.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals