I Think Wearing Gold Increases Progesterone

Jing

I'm not sure I believe it personally BUT toxic metals like lead, excess iron, and more absolutely can and do inhibit the metabolism/thyroid, so is it really so outlandish to imagine that some metals might do the opposite?
Not in less than a day. It would take lots of time for the gold to take effect in your body.

Jing

For those who might be hitting the end of this thread first, the original poster clearly proposed a mechanism. The previous commenter (@Jing) apparently thinks of this as rhetoric.

Of course, lack of a known mechanism doesn't rule out an effect.

Dumb and rude is not a good combination. In my experience you want to max out at one of these.
You could always put on a gold necklace and see if your face gets more feminine, lips redder, hair wetter .. post a picture.

ilikecats

There’s been a trend recently of people consuming gold for health purposes I guess although I doubt it’s a new practice. I don’t think it’s very safe based of some things I read but it can’t be that toxic considering goldslik (spelling may be wrong) vodka contains flakes of gold. Try replacing that with flakes of nickel and the bodies would start piling up.

Literally

There’s been a trend recently of people consuming gold for health purposes I guess although I doubt it’s a new practice. I don’t think it’s very safe based of some things I read but it can’t be that toxic considering goldslik (spelling may be wrong) vodka contains flakes of gold. Try replacing that with flakes of nickel and the bodies would start piling up.

Yes a lot of these people are citing ancient texts too, and a theory about monatomic gold being used by ancient aliens. I remain skeptical about it, I would definitely not experiment on myself in that manner.

Cirion

Not in less than a day. It would take lots of time for the gold to take effect in your body.

Maybe, but not necessarily. I remember reading about a woman who had a dental filling and I believe it was just a week later that she developed a severe mental illness and had to go to the psych ward.

Jing

Maybe, but not necessarily. I remember reading about a woman who had a dental filling and I believe it was just a week later that she developed a severe mental illness and had to go to the psych ward.
Yh that could happen, one week would be enough time for metals to seep into your body especially if it is in your mouth. Completely different than wearing a necklace and then a few hours later your lips get redder, corners of eyes turn upwards, hair gets wetter, more feminine look to face.

Cirion

Yh that could happen, one week would be enough time for metals to seep into your body especially if it is in your mouth. Completely different than wearing a necklace and then a few hours later your lips get redder, corners of eyes turn upwards, hair gets wetter, more feminine look to face.

Some of it also could be signalling at a subconscious level of some sorts. For example, I believe there was a study that showed that driving a red car increases testosterone by like 10-20% or something. People associate the color red with power. It's a fact that police usually pull over red vehicles. People also associate gold with wealth and power as well. Maybe a similar effect?

Jing

Some of it also could be signalling at a subconscious level of some sorts. For example, I believe there was a study that showed that driving a red car increases testosterone by like 10-20% or something. People associate the color red with power. It's a fact that police usually pull over red vehicles. People also associate gold with wealth and power as well. Maybe a similar effect?
Yh it could but that 10%-20% percent increase is not going to change anyone's appearance or do anything for the body in a few hours, now get that 10%-20% increase daily over weeks and months perhaps that extra test will start to do something.

tankasnowgod

I think both gold (and silver) have anti bacterial properties, but Peat (and others) have cautioned against their use. They are still heavy metals, and can be problematic when ingested.

Goldschläger also has flakes of gold in it, and you can purchase "edible gold" for use in baking and cooking.

Literally

It doesn't say that directly, you have to be able to reason.

Are you really having trouble with the deduction? The DAY of the cycle can be predicted to some degree from facial appearance.

Jing

It doesn't say that directly, you have to be able to reason.

Are you really having trouble with the deduction? The DAY of the cycle can be predicted to some degree from facial appearance.
The study was for 6 weeks I think. If it doesn't say there face changed in less than a day then you can't say it did.

Jing

@Literally if hormones can change your face in less than a day wouldn't people who take steriods have massive changes in their faces? Once they have injected testosterone into their bloodstream wouldn't their faces change? As they are increasing their testosterone to massive levels.

Literally

On closer read, you are right @Jing. They controlled for day of cycle not the other way around. However the fact that they controlled for it strongly suggests the researchers believe that day of cycle could have a significant impact on facial appearance.

That being said, other studies do show an effect in the scale of just a day or so.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsbl.2004.0174
Women's attractiveness changes with estradiol and progesterone across the ovulatory cycle - ScienceDirect
https://econtent.hogrefe.com/doi/10.1024/1421-0185/a000057
https://akademiai.com/doi/abs/10.1556/JEP.10.2012.4.1

Fortunately for me while all these point at a very common sense finding, that facial changes associated with hormal changes are known to exist, I don't need to show that they can happen to make the criticism of your "reasoning" that I made above. You'd have to show that it isn't possible.

Literally

@Literally if hormones can change your face in less than a day wouldn't people who take steriods have massive changes in their faces? Once they have injected testosterone into their bloodstream wouldn't their faces change? As they are increasing their testosterone to massive levels.

No. That something can happen does not mean that it always happens. This is logic 101.

Jing

On closer read, you are right @Jing. They controlled for day of cycle not the other way around. However the fact that they controlled for it strongly suggests the researchers believe that day of cycle could have a significant impact on facial appearance.

That being said, other studies do show an effect in the scale of just a day or so.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsbl.2004.0174
Women's attractiveness changes with estradiol and progesterone across the ovulatory cycle - ScienceDirect
https://econtent.hogrefe.com/doi/10.1024/1421-0185/a000057
https://akademiai.com/doi/abs/10.1556/JEP.10.2012.4.1

Fortunately for me while all these point at a very common sense finding, that facial changes associated with hormal changes are known to exist, I don't need to show that they can happen to make the criticism of your "reasoning" that I made above. You'd have to show that it isn't possible.
You have no evidence hormones will change your appearance over a day.

Jing

No. That something can happen does not mean that it always happens. This is logic 101.
But surely all that testosterone would change facial appearance in some people if it could happen? But It doesn't work like that. Hormones need time to make changes to the body.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals