I Need Help To Grow Back My Receding Hairline. [20yo MALE]

Mark2020

I just wanted to add my two cents and experience to this thread. I lost my hair at a young age. I was going bald at 23, and lost most of it by 30. I’ve always suffered from thyroid issues, cold hands and feet, digestive issues, and anxiety.

I tried EVERYTHING to regrow my hair. Nothing worked even slightly. My last ditch resort was actually trying Ray Peat’s diet, after I came across “Hair Like a Fox”. I’ve been Peat-ing for the better part of 6-7 years now, and I haven’t regrown a lick of hair. But, I’ve fixed MANY long term issues with Ray Peat’s advice.

I’ll pop on this forum every so often to share.

mrchibbs

I just wanted to add my two cents and experience to this thread. I lost my hair at a young age. I was going bald at 23, and lost most of it by 30. I’ve always suffered from thyroid issues, cold hands and feet, digestive issues, and anxiety.

I tried EVERYTHING to regrow my hair. Nothing worked even slightly. My last ditch resort was actually trying Ray Peat’s diet, after I came across “Hair Like a Fox”. I’ve been Peat-ing for the better part of 6-7 years now, and I haven’t regrown a lick of hair. But, I’ve fixed MANY long term issues with Ray Peat’s advice.

Thanks for sharing Mark, it sickens me that you haven't been able to regrow your hair!

As I've explained in previous comments, I think the limiting factors for regrowth is the fibrosis that has set in to the scalp, which I don't think can be reversed except maybe by a child's metabolism (much like any fibrotic tissue). I'm sure you've considered massages before, and I'm sure you've tried them too, but maybe, as someone who's fixed their metabolic issues (I suspect your body temperature/pulse/digestion is great after 6-7 years of peating?) you can be a prime candidate for reversing your fibrosis now. Especially by combining with anti-fibrosis agents.

But I'm sure you know all this, so I'll leave it at that for now, and I'll say that I very much enjoyed your comment on warm milk, it's really interesting how much better it is digested that way. Maybe the Ayurveda teachings are not really off the mark.

thomas00

I really like the idea of Danny and his research, but I honestly have yet to see some get REAL clear results following his advice. There is pretty much no photo evidence and barely if any legitimate testimonial evidence. I hope with all my heart he is right and its all just curable with diet/pufas/prolactin but I just feel like it can't be the case or some of this thousands of viewers/readers would have taken at least some pictures.

I am not well versed enough to comment on his science or his research. It all looks legitimate to me, but I just can't seem to get my hopes up about peating/danny roddying to grow hair back or halt hair loss. It also seems like his info has been around long enough (almost a decade) for it to have really picked up traction if it were effective.

If people here and on his other media accounts are anything to go by, I doubt few are really giving thyroid a good shot (if circumstances dictate they need it). That can be the most crucial part.

Understandable given it can require a lot of persistence in some cases and there are no shortage of people around who will scare people away from it.

thomas00

The only time I got good hair growth was back in 2006, and I was using DHEA...I’m not denying hair can grow back if it’s due to some deficit, but anecdotal stories are very limited

I think the case studies that Danny Roddy has cited about someone using spiro and growing hair back after being bald for years as well as the 80 something year old bald guy who regrew hair after sustaining 2nd degree burns on his scalp, are very interesting and give good reason to believe it's never irreversible.

thomas00

I think the limiting factors for regrowth is the fibrosis that has set in to the scalp, which I don't think can be reversed except maybe by a child's metabolism (much like any fibrotic tissue).

Yes I think that is the case too and anti fibrotic agents need to employed.

The idealabs supplement that has naringenin in it would make for a good topical treatment, eating marmalade and using lisuride too.

Somebody on another thread here said they saw regrowth from using bromocriptine.

Scalp massage seems to work by breaking up fibrosis.

mrchibbs

I think the case studies that Danny Roddy has cited about someone using spiro and growing hair back after being bald for years as well as the 80 something year old bald guy who regrew hair after sustaining 2nd degree burns on his scalp, are very interesting and give good reason to believe it's never irreversible.

Yeah those are two complete reversals well after 70, and there's a couple of other cases in the literature, including a few weird anti-histamines from the 80s. And there's literature on the use of topical progesterone regrowing hair, up until 1985. It's never irreversible like you say.

mrchibbs

Yes I think that is the case too and anti fibrotic agents need to employed.

The idealabs supplement that has naringenin in it would make for a good topical treatment, eating marmalade and using lisuride too.

Somebody on another thread here said they saw regrowth from using bromocriptine.

That was @lampofred I think. It's a great way to completely suppress prolactin, which is always elevated in hairloss.
But yeah your suggestions are very apt. Someone who wishes to undo fibrosis needs to turn it up a notch and
explore strong anti-fibrotic / anti-calcification drugs, and stimulate the scalp. I see no reason why, once thyroid and basic health is returned,
that results shouldn't come within 3-6 months, especially using key substances topically and orally. I mean Rob English has demonstrated
over the past 5 years that massages can work to reverse fibrotic conditions.

GreekDemiGod

Could you tell what are the issues you fixed? Trying and succeeding are totally different. Particularly interested if you managed to fix your thyroid and cold feet issue. If not, you can't really say it did not work.
Did you cover the basics too? Sunlight, low stress life, Calcium.
Did you lose your hair completely during your peating years? Assuming you are 30 now??

johnwester130

Thanks for sharing Mark, it sickens me that you haven't been able to regrow your hair!

As I've explained in previous comments, I think the limiting factors for regrowth is the fibrosis that has set in to the scalp, which I don't think can be reversed except maybe by a child's metabolism (much like any fibrotic tissue). I'm sure you've considered massages before, and I'm sure you've tried them too, but maybe, as someone who's fixed their metabolic issues (I suspect your body temperature/pulse/digestion is great after 6-7 years of peating?) you can be a prime candidate for reversing your fibrosis now. Especially by combining with anti-fibrosis agents.

But I'm sure you know all this, so I'll leave it at that for now, and I'll say that I very much enjoyed your comment on warm milk, it's really interesting how much better it is digested that way. Maybe the Ayurveda teachings are not really off the mark.

it can be reversed

Why Scars Happen, Plus the 7 Best Scar Treatments

dermarolling reverses it - but not reccomended

protelytic enzymes reverse it - like serrapeptase, bromelain, papain because they dissolve old skin tissue and scars.
someone was using it for third degree burns and it worked

johnwester130

Serrapeptase topically?

I have never seen a product with this in it, even though it makes perfect to make one. Other enzymes are used in skin care though.

People get results taking it internally, so I just assume you should use that.

Some people use enzyme peels on hair loss forums

Last edited:

mrchibbs

it can be reversed

Why Scars Happen, Plus the 7 Best Scar Treatments

dermarolling reverses it - but not reccomended

protelytic enzymes reverse it - like serrapeptase, bromelain, papain because they dissolve old skin tissue and scars.
someone was using it for third degree burns and it worked

You're preaching to the choir...I have no doubt it can be reversed. Maybe I should worded my previous post differently. There are two schools of thought, Danny Roddy who argues that the best and safest way is to go about it systematically, because there is evidence fibrosis can be reversed simply by endogenous processes. Although it often takes incredible effort to restore respiration/metabolism to that level, and few achieve it, usually for lack of dedication.

On the other hand there are the massages/mechanical stimulation. I think this approach can be extremely ill-advised if the underlying processes are not stopped, which is why thousands of men have massaged/stimulated their scalp to no avail, and often made things worse.

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle, as evidenced by many of the pictures of regrowth on Rob English's website: all of those guys took significant steps to fix their lives, by getting a lot of sun, and removing inflammatory foods, and in that context, massages with proper stimulation/rest becomes restorative. Context is everything.

mrchibbs

Well, it's not exactly the same end pathology, but yeah, stress is behind it all.
It's like what haidut wrote about recently regarding gray hair, elevated serotonin
was associated with graying before the recent decades of propaganda.

My understanding of hair loss places a central role on serotonin. I view serotonin
as the opposite side of a same coin with thyroid. Thyroid allows great energetic
efficiency, and serotonin is about energy economy, which does away with expansive
energetic functions like intelligence, scalp hair, sexual function, smooth skin etc.

At the core, I think a chronic serotonergic state directly raises parathyroid, which
causes rapid hairloss, and if it state is maintained for months or years, you get
the inflammatory, fibrotic mess of MPB.

Mark2020

Could you tell what are the issues you fixed? Trying and succeeding are totally different. Particularly interested if you managed to fix your thyroid and cold feet issue. If not, you can't really say it did not work.
Did you cover the basics too? Sunlight, low stress life, Calcium.
Did you lose your hair completely during your peating years? Assuming you are 30 now??

I’m 41 now. I started Peating in 2013. I’ve always been cold. Body temps 96.4 to 97.1 were my norm. At one point, I moved to Florida, because I couldn’t handle weather that wasn’t 80+ degrees anymore.

I tried EVERY diet. Raw food vegan, paleo, keto, carnivore, macrobiotic, etc. even sub variations of each of those diets. Like 80/10/10, strict paleo, different macro ratios of keto, steak only diet, etc.

Ray Peat’s diet makes the most sense, with a few exceptions. I always found it interesting how similar Peat’s diet is to the one Nikola Tesla followed. Except Tesla shunned the use of coffee. Said it was poison. And I actually agree with Tesla 100% on that one.

Following Peat’s advice, my body temps are now a steady 98.1 to 98.4 every day. I raised my temps a full 1.5 degrees on average. As a result, nearly everything in my life improved.

Increased energy
Increased feeling of well being
Better sleep
Better sex drive
Improved digestion
Improved posture
Improved self confidence
Feeling more manly
Increased feeling of calm
Feel like I get more oxygen with each breath

Just to name a few.

My hair health DID improve. It grows faster now, and my existing hair did get slightly thicker. But I have had ZERO regrowth. Like, not even 1 strand new of growth.

mrchibbs

I’m 41 now. I started Peating in 2013. I’ve always been cold. Body temps 96.4 to 97.1 were my norm. At one point, I moved to Florida, because I couldn’t handle weather that wasn’t 80+ degrees anymore.

I tried EVERY diet. Raw food vegan, paleo, keto, carnivore, macrobiotic, etc. even sub variations of each of those diets. Like 80/10/10, strict paleo, different macro ratios of keto, steak only diet, etc.

Ray Peat’s diet makes the most sense, with a few exceptions. I always found it interesting how similar Peat’s diet is to the one Nikola Tesla followed. Except Tesla shunned the use of coffee. Said it was poison. And I actually agree with Tesla 100% on that one.

Following Peat’s advice, my body temps are now a steady 98.1 to 98.4 every day. I raised my temps a full 1.5 degrees on average. As a result, nearly everything in my life improved.

Increased energy
Better sleep
Better sex drive
Improved digestion
Improved posture
Improved self confidence
Feeling more manly

Just to name a few.

My hair health DID improve. It grows faster now, and my existing hair did get slightly thicker. But I have had ZERO regrowth. Like, not even 1 strand new of growth.

Thanks for sharing. When I discuss this with people, they seem dumbfounded or their eyes glaze over when I talk of body temperature as a crucial metric to improve health. We're so disconnected from our physiology it's not even funny. Glad you've managed to improve your life.

That being said, I don't think anyone should expect to regrow hair (by reversing the fibrotic conditions, especially if the hair loss has been happening for several years) without some actual localized work on the scalp.

Based on Danny's research, it could potentially be done if someone was able to restore their metabolism to the level of a very healthy child (meaning very high temperatures), but in reality, the evidence of regrowth (aside from rare cases in the literature), always involves both 1) fixing metabolic issues and 2) mechanical stimulation of the scalp. The pictures Rob English accumulated at Perfect Hair Health are evidence of this. (I've corresponded with Rob for years, he's an amazingly sincere and nice guy)

Your temperatures could still improve significantly. 98.6 is the ''average'' to shoot for, but in reality that means that your temperatures should peak around 99F at some point in the day. So if your average is around 98.2-3 like yourself, you can afford to improve it further. Maybe that involves avoiding fluoridated water completely (as it suppresses thyroid), or using red light therapy directly on the neck (which has been shown to ramp up thyroid function), or maybe it's eating a lot more shellfish (for selenium and trace minerals). Taking a bit more thyroid supplements may be warranted too.

If you do this, and you give intelligent massaging/stimulation another go, along with other factors like intermittent anti-histamine use, or dopamine agonist (these can jumpstart a state of restoration), I think you could start seeing regrowth in a couple months. And that would surely be motivation enough to keep going.

I'm sure you've tried massages before, but they never work, and often make things worse, when the metabolic issues aren't dealt with. But you can still ramp things up and I'm fairly certain you can get results. There's some subtlety in the approach, but hopefully this can give you another jolt to try again.

baccheion

Increased energy
Better sleep
Better sex drive
Improved digestion
Improved posture
Improved self confidence
Feeling more manly

Just to name a few.

You need something to trigger regrowth. Get one of those MSM + magnesium oil spray bottles from Ancient Minerals and apply with some iodine. Could try right before breaking a 24 hour dry fast, as that's the time needed for stem cell proliferation to increase in certain areas. Either way, consistency of application should do something..

mrchibbs

You need something to trigger regrowth. Get one of those MSM + magnesium oil spray bottles from Ancient Minerals and apply with some iodine. Could try right before breaking a 24 hour dry fast, as that's the time needed for stem cell proliferation to increase in certain areas. Either way, consistency of application should do something..

I prefer the magnesium balm from natural calm for these purposes, it is made with beeswax and coconut oil, and contains trace sea minerals. And it's more gentle to apply, especially if you shave your head. I've had a love/hate relationship with magnesium oil because it's itchy as hell and drying to the skin.

baccheion

I prefer the magnesium balm from natural calm for these purposes, it is made with beeswax and coconut oil, and contains trace sea minerals. And it's more gentle to apply, especially if you shave your head. I've had a love/hate relationship with magnesium oil because it's itchy as hell and drying to the skin.
I had burn-/acne-like marks on my face after applying magnesium oil spray. That didn't happen when I did it on an empty stomach after drinking 24-32 ounces of water. Maybe even 16 will do.

Itching after the first few days is a negative sign. Hydration is lacking. Maybe you'll age less well if not addressed?

Magnesium oil spray should be hydrating in the long run. Also, it triggers DHEA synthesis in the skin.

I enjoyed the experience of applying it all over when I was trying to replete. I'd go from the neck down and also include the scalp. Then I'd drink the water. Then I also applied to the face. After 20-30 minutes, I'd rinse/shower.

mrchibbs

I had burn-/acne-like marks on my face after applying magnesium oil spray. That didn't happen when I did it on an empty stomach after drinking 24-32 ounces of water. Maybe even 16 will do.

Itching after the first few days is a negative sign. Hydration is lacking. Maybe you'll age less well if not addressed?

That's why I use other topical magnesium products, like the balm, but also sometimes a magnesium gel from Natural Calm. Very gentle to the skin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals