Hair Loss Is Really Getting Me Down, Advice Needed

Vins7

A diet of only low-fat milk, OJ, a few eggs a week, 5-6oz of liver a week, and weekly oysters coupled with 4 drops morning and night of Tyromix with 10 minutes of daily sunlight on body completely halted my aggressive hairloss. Daily raw carrot salad as well and 500mg aspirin daily. I think no-fap helps as well. If you have the money get a red light helmet from Overmachogrande.com and use it 20minutes 3x a week.

Also. Read Hair Like a Fox by Danny Roddy.
you were not constipated eating that way? a diet with a lot of liquid, animal protein and very low in fiber.

pippocui

3. Maximise respiratory function. Your breathing should be completely unrestricted and should feel very free, deep and easy. This is thyroid driven and again plenty of information available here on the forum. The cold feet and hands are a giveaway here. Might be as simple as eating regularly through the day and cutting out pufa. Might require a supplemental approach.
I would like to focus on this point. I have hashimoto with hair loss. I have found that since this happened, I also have difficulty breathing. My nose closes and I can't breathe well. I need the nasal sprays. This all started with hashimoto and hair loss.I didn't know there could be a link! Anyone know more?

Man this forum has changed a lot... I don't think there were many posts a few years ago saying hair loss is just a part of life. Probably more crazier posts like rubbing research chemicals in out of sight places on your body (and my crazy recommendations of things like 15 cups of coffee a day)... but not just accepting hair loss.

I think that's the result of a lot of people just failing in achieving any kind of results. The vast majority of hair loss advice here boils down to fullheads or people with very minor loss giving advice on supplements and approaches that just don't do anything for anyone with serious MPB. This then leads to jadedness and coping with acceptance, "nothing I can do about it".

Whatever is wrong with those of us who have MPB, whether it be genetics or a metabolic disorder of some sort, very little works aside from anti-androgens. If we have a systemic problem that is causing the androgen susceptibility then how come there is no way of fixing the root cause that doesn't involve direct androgen inhibition?

I have found some things that are not anti-androgens that sort of work, but they all cause (me) side-effects of one sort of another. And the psychological effect that hair loss has on your quality of life is bull****, personally I'm too redpilled to ignore it and if it gets much worse I will probably just withdraw from society, which I think is generally going to ***t anyway.

ursidae

Man this forum has changed a lot... I don't think there were many posts a few years ago saying hair loss is just a part of life. Probably more crazier posts like rubbing research chemicals in out of sight places on your body (and my crazy recommendations of things like 15 cups of coffee a day)... but not just accepting hair loss.

Anyway OP, high calcium to phosphate ratio, lots of sugars, strict PUFA avoidance, ample fat soluble vitamins and protein, coffee, aspirin, and red light should help.

I think avoidance of alcohol and orgasm is also necessary when you are trying to rekindle regenerative processes like hair growth.

And if you can move to a high altitude that should also help, but that's easier said than done.
Didn’t you also take thyroid and large amounts of progesterone
Almost everyone on this forum that has made health progress of any kind took thyroid which makes diet pretty much irrelevant

lampofred

Didn’t you also take thyroid and large amounts of progesterone
Almost everyone on this forum that has made health progress of any kind took thyroid which makes diet pretty much irrelevant
Thyroid never really helped my hair except making what was already there grow faster, but progesterone did help.

lampofred

I think that's the result of a lot of people just failing in achieving any kind of results. The vast majority of hair loss advice here boils down to fullheads or people with very minor loss giving advice on supplements and approaches that just don't do anything for anyone with serious MPB. This then leads to jadedness and coping with acceptance, "nothing I can do about it".

Whatever is wrong with those of us who have MPB, whether it be genetics or a metabolic disorder of some sort, very little works aside from anti-androgens. If we have a systemic problem that is causing the androgen susceptibility then how come there is no way of fixing the root cause that doesn't involve direct androgen inhibition?

I have found some things that are not anti-androgens that sort of work, but they all cause (me) side-effects of one sort of another. And the psychological effect that hair loss has on your quality of life is bull****, personally I'm too redpilled to ignore it and if it gets much worse I will probably just withdraw from society, which I think is generally going to ***t anyw

Much easier said than done but I think you shouldn't give up. There's a reason why aging women care so much about weight and aging males care so much about hair. Weight/hair are fundamentally related to brain and heart health. The things that are good for weight/hair (eating more milk and cheese, avoiding PUFA in favor of brain/heart healthy sat fats like high quality ghee, inhibiting prostaglandins, raising metabolic rate via sugar/coffee, and hardest but probably most important, lowering chronic hyperventilation) are so broadly beneficial that I think they will improve quality of life in pretty much all ways.

I think it's going to require one-pointed extremeness though, moderation preserves what's already there but I think transformation requires extremes (like 15 cups of coffee a day...)

Nik665

I honestly don't know where to start with all this, but I'll try and keep it short. I appreciate any one who takes their time to read and offer any advice they can.

I'm 30 years old, I've noticed my hair loss way back when I was 18, little did I know that it was really slow and mild to begin with, and to be honest, I've done pretty well with it until the last two years where I have noticed it getting thinner and thinner, to the point I can sometimes see my scalp under harsh lighting. I've always had a widows peak hairline, in the shape of a V and this is how it's been for years, slowly receding into more of U shape (it's pretty depressing and soul destroying)

I've managed to get by and I've been able to keep hairloss in the back of my mind and from time to time I'd browse some of hair loss forums, hoping for some cure or even the odd thing to try, but I've never found anything that has worked for me, most of the internet just directs you to minoxidil, finasteride etc and in my opinion, that stuff is just like putting a plaster over a wound, I honestly don't think the mainstream views of hair loss are correct.

I've reached out to this forum because I'm honestly just lost and feel alone when it comes to hair loss, I've never spoken to anyone about it before, I've just battled with it for the past 12 years alone. Now I'm 30 and it seems to be progressing faster I'm wanting to understand and try out some things that will improve the look and quality of my hair, maybe even re-grow some but I'm going to be realistic, I'm not expecting to be a NW1 but if I can get back to been a healthy NW2 I'll be happy.

I've recently tried minoxidil at a last ditch attempt in hope of seeing some results but all I can say is that it just made me shed a load of hair and depressed me even more. I've also tried Finasteride when I was about 19, and that stuff just made my seaman watery and gave me ball ache, I put the rest in the bin after 2 weeks of taking it.

I do have a 0.5mm dermaroller that I'm willing to get in to a routine of using, as well as some topical oils like Rosemary, Lavender, Castor Oil, Emu Oil etc as well as some supplements taurine, MSM, Niacin and a hair, skin nails multivitamin which contains D3, E, C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, B6, Folic acid, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium and Primrose oil. I also have a red light mini from Red Light Man that I have been using, but in all honesty, I don't know if I'm using it correctly.

This year, I've been working indoors way more due covid, the gyms have shut etc and I'll be honest, I've just gotten really lazy and I've not got the best of diets at the moment. This is probably the reason for the condition of my hair and possibly a wake up call regarding my health. Some of the things I notice is cold feet and hands. I sometimes get a really bad and sore itch around my anus, my doctor gave me fusidic acid for this which cleared it up but it soon came back 4 weeks later. I also have some grey hair around the sides of my head, hair seems thinner and my left temple has receded more than the right. I also suffer from heart burn/acid reflux but since having covid-19 this has strangely subsided a lot, but it still comes back now and again. I also notice some dandruff every now and then but I usually manage this with the oils. Another thing I've noticed is low energy, and even loss of erection when having sex in certain positions. I'm not sure if this information is of any use to shed more light on my situation but I thought I would include it anyway even if it is irrelevant, there may be more odd signs of poor health but I can't think any more right now.

What I'm hoping for is for someone to take the time in reading this and offering some advice or help in anyway they can, like I said, I'm no expert in this field and the logic on this forum seems more sensible compared to others who would just tell me to take the big three and get on with it. If you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Thank you, this means a lot.
Are you eating enough food. And is it low pufa high carb with enough protein ?

ursidae

Thyroid never really helped my hair except making what was already there grow faster, but progesterone did help.
Do you think insulin resistance is primarily a matter of too high intake of fat/PUFA?
And have you ever tested you IGF-1? I think having it very high is a big problem and it makes a high dairy high carb diet difficult to do without having your appearance deteriorate. I’m not entirely certain someone like Danny Roddy for example ever had it elevated.

baccheion

Do you think insulin resistance is primarily a matter of too high intake of fat/PUFA?
And have you ever tested you IGF-1? I think having it very high is a big problem and it makes a high dairy high carb diet difficult to do without having your appearance deteriorate. I’m not entirely certain someone like Danny Roddy for example ever had it elevated.
Is 8 cups whole milk + 6.5 cups orange juice (only) high dairy + high carb? I was thinking about doing that with some added magnesium and other supplements.

jondoeuk

I'm no fan of either minoxidil or finasteride, but they do work. Personally, I'd look into topical CB-03-01 and RU58841, use one, and maybe add some shampoo's, to reduce shedding.

ursidae

Is 8 cups whole milk + 6.5 cups orange juice (only) high dairy + high carb? I was thinking about doing that with some added magnesium and other supplements.
It’s high in dairy. I don’t see a problem if you’re insulin sensitive/no acne, visceral fat, MPB. I think it’s going to backfire on someone with PCOS for example

the whey fraction raises insulin. casein is more potent at raising igf-1. So milk and cheese have a different potential. To me cheese is not a trustworthy food. It’s far too addictive.

lampofred

I think because of too much PUFA and phosphate. I don't think because of saturated fat.

I haven't gotten it tested but I think it's associated with too much water, tryptophan, cysteine (basically high estrogen) and low salt, vitamin A. So low fat milk would be bad for someone with high IGF-1. Whole milk might be better but it has too much PUFA. A combination of skim milk powder and ghee (which if it's made well has the water/PUFA of milk fat taken out and the beneficial fat soluble vitamins like vit A kept in) might work? Preferring cheeses over liquid milk might also help.

I'm not sure which carb sources are low tryptophan/cysteine. Certain fruits might be.

Coffee will also improve your appearance and reduce IGF-1. So will good quality aspirin, vitamin E (and maybe niacinamide) but I don't know of any good natural sources of vitamin E and you never know what the consequences of manmade supplements might be, even if they are well made.

But if you are trying to lower IGF-1 you should make sure to minimize iron and keep calcium higher than phosphate, otherwise oxidative stress will go through the roof.

And endotoxin might also cause high IGF-1.

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

I was wondering if one were to go the path of maximizing androgens (Testosterone, DHT) & minimizing Estrogen, for general health and / or muscle, are there any precautions / measures to implement that are necessary for hair protection. Because we know, for average people, maximizing androgens wrecks their hair, but if we believe in the 'DHT is good' theory, what's the catch to be protected?

GreekDemiGod

This is completely non scientific, but when taking d3 and magnesium (also K2 and vitamin A) I put on muscle much more easily and that alone seems to go hand in hand with hair loss in my experience. I would expect that from something like creatine which increases DHT, but not sure about what correlation with magnesium and d3
Perhaps it's increasing your androgens AND nutrient requirements AND metabolism, so if you maintain the same caloric intake as before, that's not wise.

ursidae

I think because of too much PUFA and phosphate. I don't think because of saturated fat.

I haven't gotten it tested but I think it's associated with too much water, tryptophan, cysteine (basically high estrogen) and low salt, vitamin A. So low fat milk would be bad for someone with high IGF-1. Whole milk might be better but it has too much PUFA. A combination of skim milk powder and ghee (which if it's made well has the water/PUFA of milk fat taken out and the beneficial fat soluble vitamins like vit A kept in) might work? Preferring cheeses over liquid milk might also help.

I'm not sure which carb sources are low tryptophan/cysteine. Certain fruits might be.

Coffee will also improve your appearance and reduce IGF-1. So will good quality aspirin, vitamin E (and maybe niacinamide) but I don't know of any good natural sources of vitamin E and you never know what the consequences of manmade supplements might be, even if they are well made.

But if you are trying to lower IGF-1 you should make sure to minimize iron and keep calcium higher than phosphate, otherwise oxidative stress will go through the roof.

And endotoxin might also cause high IGF-1.
thanks for responding
0% fat skyr has been somewhat tolerable. The more processed, fermented, defatted and removed from its original form, the more tolerable. There's something is dairy fat that began giving me cystic acne a year ago

does a high glycine intake mitigate the damage of the methionine in the diet? I can tell taurine and glycine are very important for me

The carb sources low in tryptophan/cysteine that I've found are things like apples which are overall very low in protein
a good natural source of vitamin e would be prickly pear. 3 of them will exceed the RDI but I can't find any information whether it is contained in the seeds

golder

I'm guessing that was sarcastic, but I was being serious. Once you do it you will realise how much time you have wasted worrying about it.
I can’t grow a good beard and it would take me 3-5 years to build a respectable physique. These type of offtopic comments are on every hair loss forum and topic that ever gets generated. We’ll definitely all bear that decision in mind though, cheers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals