Diffuse Thinning Hairloss Thread - How to Solve?

LadyRae

I've tried MANY things. Currently having Ozone IV to see if I can improve circulation and reduce/remove bacteria. I will let you know if that makes a difference. A few years ago my hair got thick (wasn't trying) at the time I was eating a lot of nutritional yeast. Probably has nothing to do with it but it's worth a shot. That is the stand out thing I was doing. Life was way less stressful then also..stress is a big factor I'd say. Also just about to add citrulline to my supplement bundle. Thanks for opening the thread.
Nutritional yeast, yeah! It's really high in B vitamins. I wonder if he needs more biotin? There are non fortified versions that don't have the added iron... Saris is a brand that comes to mind-Amazon...

@L_C I'm so glad to hear that the chlorophyll and charcoal are helping you!

@helpmyhair perhaps eating a whole avocado every day could help your skin retain moisture...

Herbie

@helpmyhair have you ever taken cyproheptadine and or lisuride to calm your digestive system?

If your dry it's because of high adrenaline low thyroid, low androgens.

If your not taking atleast half of idealabs supplements supps don't even bother :ss

My hair was thinning a bit and receding a bit but I took cyproheptadine for a year and all my hair came back and thick ever since.

OP
H

helpmyhair

Do you eat dairy? Have you ever tested vitamin A and PTH? Usually, dry skin & hair could be due to high vitamin A...I mean it could be many things.

Perhaps, it's something in your diet...have you tried elimination?
I'm not sure its dietary. I suspected it could've been due to having low vitamin D.. but once I corrected my D levels, the problem still persists. I doubt I am high vitamin A. I also thought maybe being hypothyroid could cause that, but not sure.

OP
H

helpmyhair

@helpmyhair have you ever taken cyproheptadine and or lisuride to calm your digestive system?

If your dry it's because of high adrenaline low thyroid, low androgens.

If your not taking atleast half of idealabs supplements supps don't even bother :ss

My hair was thinning a bit and receding a bit but I took cyproheptadine for a year and all my hair came back and thick ever since.
Seems like your hair thinning was a due to stress, and perhaps the cyproheptadine brought down your cortisol/stress levels and allowed you to relax. Stress can cause excess shedding and diffuse thinning.. supposed to be temporary but can become chronic. I have been in an extremely stressed state for the last 11 months due to a serious life issue I've been going through and I'm still unable to cope with it. As a result, its caused a lot of issues wth my digestive system. My gastro doctor recommended antidepressants to calm the body and fix the stomach issues. So I've recently started Welbutrin. I didnt want to go that route but I've tried a lot of things to calm down and help my anxiety/depression and nothing else was working. So this was my last effort. Cypro likely wouldnt be enough for what I am going through, which has been a year of hell.. and still going..

sunny

Seems like your hair thinning was a due to stress, and perhaps the cyproheptadine brought down your cortisol/stress levels and allowed you to relax. Stress can cause excess shedding and diffuse thinning.. supposed to be temporary but can become chronic. I have been in an extremely stressed state for the last 11 months due to a serious life issue I've been going through and I'm still unable to cope with it. As a result, its caused a lot of issues wth my digestive system. My gastro doctor recommended antidepressants to calm the body and fix the stomach issues. So I've recently started Welbutrin. I didnt want to go that route but I've tried a lot of things to calm down and help my anxiety/depression and nothing else was working. So this was my last effort. Cypro likely wouldnt be enough for what I am going through, which has been a year of hell.. and still going..
Maybe try allopregnenolone instead of the ssri. There was a time in my life, before Ray Peat type knowledge, that I used an ssri. It was hell getting off it. Given that experience, I would suggest to anyone to not go that route.

Momma

What I've been doing for constipation is taking magnesium citrate before bed, and it will reliably give me a BM the next day.

But a big issue I has is I always feel dehydrated/dry. Skin is dry, lips, hair, mouth, etc.. all very dry. It makes me think that the lack of water in my system is making it hard to have proper motility and causing the constipation and also stomach pains.
Liquid magnesium citrate?
Mg Citrate is making you dry. Where do you think it’s getting the water from to pull into the bowels? It is to be used occasionally only. It throws off your electrolytes; Calcium, potassium and sodium.

Herbie

Yes of course it was, everything comes down to stress and everyone is stressed.

How do you know cyproheptadine won't work? Have you ever taken it or read accounts on here about it or all the research member haidut put into it?

Its a powerful serotonin antagonist which serotonin is the cause of most gut issues, it's pretty simple.

Most anxiety, depressive and mental problems are caused by excessive serotonin levels in the brain.

Welbrutin is toxic to the liver which will further lower thyroid and sex hormones, it doesn't lower serotinon, I would fire the doctor.

OP
H

helpmyhair

Wanted to update that my scalp inflammation is almost gone since adding in high dose oil of oregano. Seems bad bacteria in my gut is likely causing all this hair shedding and inflammation. Also adding rosemary oil to my shampoo

OP
H

helpmyhair

Liquid magnesium citrate?
Mg Citrate is making you dry. Where do you think it’s getting the water from to pull into the bowels? It is to be used occasionally only. It throws off your electrolytes; Calcium, potassium and sodium.
I use the Calm powder Mg citrate once in a while when I'm feeling backed up. Does Mag glycinate also pull water? What can I do to help my dry mouth, lips, skin and hair? All are always dry, especially my mouth. I've been trying to add electrolytes daily but not helping.

Momma

I use the Calm powder Mg citrate once in a while when I'm feeling backed up. Does Mag glycinate also pull water? What can I do to help my dry mouth, lips, skin and hair? All are always dry, especially my mouth. I've been trying to add electrolytes daily but not helping.
I haven’t used glycinate personally, but it appears to be the preferred version here on the forum.

Superhumaness

Wanted to update that my scalp inflammation is almost gone since adding in high dose oil of oregano. Seems bad bacteria in my gut is likely causing all this hair shedding and inflammation. Also adding rosemary oil to my shampoo
This is excellent news. Is the oregano oil topical?

LadyRae

This is excellent news. Is the oregano oil topical?
I'm pretty sure he's taking the oregano oil internally. Really encouraging news, I agree.

@helpmyhair there's a clove oil (eugenol)/aspirin thread here discussing the anti inflammatory and anti-aging effects of this combo...might be worth checking out. I haven't figured out how to link to another thread however, if you search for it it should come up pretty easily...

So this sounds endotoxin related for sure. And your increased/chronic stress will exacerbate this gut disbiosis as well. Thinking positively, I consider it a relief to know that it's not necessarily a nutrient deficiency issue but instead the presence of some other food that is causing you grief. I think it is always easier to cut something out than to search for the magic ingredient to add in.

Lately I have been trying to come up with any creative way I can to incorporate raw carrot into my diet. After having messed around with recipes for the carrot salad and getting so sick of carrots and pretty much any form, my new experiment this morning is going to be incorporating carrot shreds into the no-bake cookies that I've been making with gelatin and some cooked quinoa. However you can get raw carrot in would probably help, especially alongside the oregano oil.

Thank you for updating. I'm going to let my daughter know about the oregano oil, I think if she put some in a gelatin capsule that would be a pretty easy way of ingesting it...

OP
H

helpmyhair

@Superhumaness I take it internally. I'm going to do it for a couple weeks like an antibiotic. It does make me feel a bit queasy though. I'm taking 2 180mg gel caps twice a day.

@LadyRae I'll check out that thread, thanks. Yeah I think the insane amount of stress/anxiety/depression is definitely destroying my gut health. So once I kill the bacteria with oil of oregano, after a couple weeks I will need to rebalance the gut microbiome.. not sure how to do that.. maybe probiotics. I take the gel caps of oil of oregano. The pure oil would be extremely difficult to take. I tried the carrot salad daily but it never helped my stomach at all. I wish my body would just heal as maybe it would make it a little easier to get out of this extreme depression/anxiety I'm living it. I just can't let go of my ex.. its so hard. Been grieving for a year now and it still feels like it ended only yesterday. I guess I put too much of my happiness in another person, and when she left, my whole life fell apart. I don't even know how to pick up the pieces and feel extremely alienated from people. I miss a time when I could walk around feeling relaxed and in a good mood. I don't even remember what that feels like.

LadyRae

@Superhumaness I take it internally. I'm going to do it for a couple weeks like an antibiotic. It does make me feel a bit queasy though. I'm taking 2 180mg gel caps twice a day.

@LadyRae I'll check out that thread, thanks. Yeah I think the insane amount of stress/anxiety/depression is definitely destroying my gut health. So once I kill the bacteria with oil of oregano, after a couple weeks I will need to rebalance the gut microbiome.. not sure how to do that.. maybe probiotics. I take the gel caps of oil of oregano. The pure oil would be extremely difficult to take. I tried the carrot salad daily but it never helped my stomach at all. I wish my body would just heal as maybe it would make it a little easier to get out of this extreme depression/anxiety I'm living it. I just can't let go of my ex.. its so hard. Been grieving for a year now and it still feels like it ended only yesterday. I guess I put too much of my happiness in another person, and when she left, my whole life fell apart. I don't even know how to pick up the pieces and feel extremely alienated from people. I miss a time when I could walk around feeling relaxed and in a good mood. I don't even remember what that feels like.
There have been two times in my life that I have dealt with bone crushing grief. The first was the miscarriage of my first pregnancy, and the second was the death of my mother in 2006. The first instance was pretty easy to heal in retrospect, with the pregnancy and healthy delivery of my first daughter. But the death of my mother was only helped with time... It took years, literally years, for me to even be able to think of her without crying and feeling sick... It felt like a huge hole had been scraped out of my stomach...

For me I have found that I am fearful of the pain and grief and I will try to avoid thinking about it or getting close to that pain in any way, this was a mistake. It has been helpful for me to realize that the best way out is to move through and that means sitting with the pain even when it is really uncomfortable. Just acknowledging how horrible it is somehow gives me the space to move through it.

It's wonderful that you can write about it here because it really is awful and painful and devastating. It's impossible to imagine a future that can ever be happy and fulfilling again. Do you have anyone in your life that you can sit with and talk about these feelings without feeling like you are a burden or without feeling awkward?

OP
H

helpmyhair

There have been two times in my life that I have dealt with bone crushing grief. The first was the miscarriage of my first pregnancy, and the second was the death of my mother in 2006. The first instance was pretty easy to heal in retrospect, with the pregnancy and healthy delivery of my first daughter. But the death of my mother was only helped with time... It took years, literally years, for me to even be able to think of her without crying and feeling sick... It felt like a huge hole had been scraped out of my stomach...

For me I have found that I am fearful of the pain and grief and I will try to avoid thinking about it or getting close to that pain in any way, this was a mistake. It has been helpful for me to realize that the best way out is to move through and that means sitting with the pain even when it is really uncomfortable. Just acknowledging how horrible it is somehow gives me the space to move through it.

It's wonderful that you can write about it here because it really is awful and painful and devastating. It's impossible to imagine a future that can ever be happy and fulfilling again. Do you have anyone in your life that you can sit with and talk about these feelings without feeling like you are a burden or without feeling awkward?
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate you caring about a complete stranger, shows how compassionate you are. Helps me more than you know.

Those two events sound really hard to get through, especially the latter. While death is always so horrible, it almost stings more when that person is alive and well but treats you as if you are a stranger while you are stuck in love. The pain is unbearable. Not trying to downplay the grief you experienced at all, as I would be destroyed if my mother passed.

My therapist says the same, that the only way through pain is to go through it and feel it. I am like you where I try to avoid feeling it because my anxiety is so intense that feeling it causing me so many horrible symptoms.. extreme panic, stomach convulsions, feel like everything is not okay, extreme dread, immense fear, etc. I am a highly sensitive person, so I feel things really really intensely. I have tried to go through it tho and had many times of feeling the pain, but I would also ruminate in it. It has consumed my existence for the last year and I think about it literally from when I wake up until I go to sleep. Its debilitating. I had a block where I couldn't cry, but recently I had two cries, which is extreme crying, and I don't know if it helped, but my therapist seems to think it was good.

Yeah I have some family members I speak to about this almost daily. They are trying to help me as much as they can, but my life is completely in shambles. Can't even go outside without freaking out. I'm also in therapy, which is only helping marginally. I am now medicated which I didn't want to do and avoided for months and months but had no where else to turn. They haven't helped a whole lot yet. Still anxious and depressed, and have panic attacks regularly.

Breadpill

Internally? Isn’t high dose castor oil used as a laxative?
Yes, internally. I think 5ml 1-2x daily can work for some people but higher doses work better for me.

Yes it is also used as a laxative but most oils in high doses will have this effect as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals