Black Cumin Seed And Its Amazing Compound, Thymoquinone

@Mauritio This seems to be having a profound effect on my digestion, with the bonus of losing body fat, only been a week.

Heat a small amount of water in microwave till very hot, drop 2g seeds, chug, chew and swallow, not pleasant due to the terpenes but bearable :p:

Will update in coming weeks :):

Last edited:

Mauritio

@Mauritio This seems to be having a profound effect on my digestion, with the bonus of losing body fat, only been a week.

Heat a small amount of water in microwave till very hot, drop 2g seeds, chug, chew and swallow, not pleasant due to the terpenes but bearable :p:

Will update in coming weeks :):
Awesome thanks . What do you notice in terms of digestion?

I chew them with a little of honey , that helps a lot .

Awesome thanks . What do you notice in terms of digestion?

I chew them with a little of honey , that helps a lot .
Well it seems that I tolerate everything, trying different foods at present, Bananas had always proved difficult, probably due to raw starch but no not a murmur, bread also can cause issues, you know that slight heartburn effect, but so far so good. I think the seeds are doing something hormonal as well, just feeling great TBH :):

V

valdz

Can't wait to try this. Is the extract better than the oil? (Nootropics Depot vs Life Ext Thymocid black cumin seed oil)

Mauritio

Well it seems that I tolerate everything, trying different foods at present, Bananas had always proved difficult, probably due to raw starch but no not a murmur, bread also can cause issues, you know that slight heartburn effect, but so far so good. I think the seeds are doing something hormonal as well, just feeling great TBH :):
Awesome, yeah I think they're great too . Just look out for possible estrogenic effects . I know its unlikely but the studies are there .

Awesome, yeah I think they're great too . Just look out for possible estrogenic effects . I know its unlikely but the studies are there .
@Mauritio Update, not good news, these seeds are causing rectal bleeding!, for sure. I grind the seeds with a Pestle & Mortar, so pretty finely. The blood seems to appear super oxygenated (scarlet) in fact and it's definitely these seeds doing it :eek:. There is no pain or discomfort you understand just this side effect, not good.

Be careful if supplementing, of course YMMV (Your mileage may vary) so I am just updating with my experiences, pity, seemed useful for losing some weight, oh well. My diet is very static and regular, these seeds are a new addition.

Last edited:

Mauritio

@Mauritio Update, not good news, these seeds are causing rectal bleeding!, for sure. I grind the seeds with a Pestle & Mortar, so pretty finely. The blood seems to appear super oxygenated (scarlet) in fact and it's definitely these seeds doing it :eek:. There is no pain or discomfort you understand just this side effect, not good.

Be careful if supplementing, of course YMMV (Your mileage may vary) so I am just updating with my experiences, pity, seemed useful for losing some weight, oh well. My diet is very static and regular, these seeds are a new addition.
Now that you say it I also saw some blood on the toilet paper ,but not sure if it's related. Still thanks for reporting !

rei

Are there any expected benefit from the seeds over the oil? I mean any identified beneficial compounds not soluble in oil? If not then it would seem estrogenic effects could be reduced by using the oil, and maybe also make it easier on digestion to not cause **** bleeding :D Pretty worrying 2 people from this tiny sample group already seem to have achieved it.

Gustav3Y

and maybe also make it easier on digestion to not cause **** bleeding :D Pretty worrying 2 people from this tiny sample group already seem to have achieved it.
This is why I would like some updates also, so far only one person accused serious issues, the second was not sure it is related.
Weather the person continued or not with the supplementation and what happened next is a good question.

Jon2547

Maybe just maybe, perhaps Black Seed should be used sparingly as a medicine and not a daily food staple?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are there any expected benefit from the seeds over the oil? I mean any identified beneficial compounds not soluble in oil? If not then it would seem estrogenic effects could be reduced by using the oil, and maybe also make it easier on digestion to not cause **** bleeding :D Pretty worrying 2 people from this tiny sample group already seem to have achieved it.
Nootropics depot does sell a good extract if you want to try that instead. Just like 200mg per dose.

Waynish

People seem to have good results drinking the black seed oil as a sort of detox. It does seem to push out gut inflammation. I didn't feel great on the stuff, but perhaps it was a detox effect.

rei

Nootropics depot does sell a good extract if you want to try that instead. Just like 200mg per dose.
I have once tried the strong oil from the blessed seed which supposedly is good quality. But it burns unless diluted into something and it tastes bad. It did have a weird combination of relaxing and stimulating effect, more pronounced than i expected for sure. But in prolonged use it became less noticeable and i grew to hate the taste so i never ordered more. It was a long time ago so i am interested to try again as my health has changed so much since then, just trying to decide if i go for oil or seeds.

I cannot use nootropics depot as it becomes too expensive, need something within eu.

Ras

They've released a new version of 10% thymoquinone pills, and they're running a 10% off sale on them with the code 10NEW.

CreakyJoints

I can no longer find the study which suggests 5g of the seeds daily is beneficial to the thyroid, but I think it was a study in obese people. That's more or less a teaspoon full of seeds. Crushing these with a pestle/mortar and chasing them down with juice is relatively painless, although honey may be a good idea. I believe one issue is finding seeds which have not been irradiated too harshly, although I'm not sure how thymoquinone content is affected by this, but I would think it does have an impact.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals