Is facial hair ALWAYS a sign of hormonal imbalance in women

chococat

Doctors will tell you that it’s normal for some girls to get chin hairs…but doctors tell you a lot of things. I have been getting them since around age 15 which I know is abnormal. It’s not anything that can’t be handled with weekly plucking, but still, it seems odd, especially for my age. In my case I know something is off, but do you think it is possible for a woman to have chin/facial hair without having some sort of hormonal imbalance?

JohnHafterson

Probably genetic influence to factor in as well.

Wonder if you have any insulin/metabolic issues. Hirsutism can be caused by PCOS and/or hyperinsulinemia. Hyperinsulinemia affects hormones etc.

Not popular here - maybe flirt with lower carbohydrate intake and see if it reduces things.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Doctors will tell you that it’s normal for some girls to get chin hairs…but doctors tell you a lot of things. I have been getting them since around age 15 which I know is abnormal. It’s not anything that can’t be handled with weekly plucking, but still, it seems odd, especially for my age. In my case I know something is off, but do you think it is possible for a woman to have chin/facial hair without having some sort of hormonal imbalance?
I don’t think it’s normal but it seems common. Quite a while ago Peat mentioned pregnenolone could help but I don’t have a quote handy atm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals