My hair is growing back slowly

Obelisk

Well this is my first post here. I can’t remember how I found this site. I think I was looking up ways to boost testosterone and bookmarked it. It’s nice to find a forum like this. There are some incredibly well educated intelligent people here. Thank you for allowing me to join.

Let’s talk about regrowing hair. I can’t really pinpoint exactly why my hair is growing back in. So I’ll list everything I’m doing. Pictures are taken about a year apart (*bottom just now), but I noticed changes around September of last year. I take a lot of supplements to raise my testosterone and I feel some of those supplements might have helped. My testosterone used to be 250 and now it’s 1,105 as of last month. I’ll get into that project next post.

I’m 51 yoa now and my hair started thinning at age 40. From 42-46 my testosterone was under 300. At age 47 was when I finally decided to fix it. My doses of DHEA and pregnenolone are high but place me at the top of the range, but I’m healthy and feel great while under a doctor’s care. I wanted to avoid TRT and I did. Yes my estrogen is fine.

Even with DHEA and pregnenolone I didn’t notice any hair gain. I read on here pregnenolone can help with hair growth. About 3-4 months of taking NAD+ is when I started to notice hair growth on my head. I’ve tried Derma rollers with no success in the past along with Rogaine.

One day I was feeling my scalp and noticed the scalp was thicker where the hair was on my head. The scalp was looser as well. The scalp was tighter and thinner on areas without hair. I had a theory about growing collagen in the skin. So I started pinching my scalp off my skull several times a day. One theory is maybe I can squeeze some collagen cells closer to my bald spots. Possible? No clue. Scalp is looser, I cannot say thicker. I should have measured skin thickness. But where the hair is coming back in it’s thicker than non hair areas.

I recently started added collagen growing cream after I shower on the scalp. Heck if I know if it works. Hair isn’t greasy at all so there’s that. My scalp is dry anyways LOL. I’ve added collagen peptides to my lunch in a drink. I’ve started taking stinging nettle. Supposed to be good for testosterone and hair. Have not taken long enough to judge on that. Might as well throw everything at the wall and see if it sticks or affects my health.

Here’s the list of supplements:
DHEA 100mg
Pregnenolone 100mg
Vitamin D3
Magnesium citrate Calm brand
Creatine
Vitamin A, B6, B12, K2
KSM66
Boron
Saw Palmetto
Fish oil GNC brand
Animal Pak vitamins
NAD+
Misc testosterone booster of the month

Attachments

• 58E74D1D-4CCE-4EAC-95A1-2CE516EB7FB2.jpeg
    58E74D1D-4CCE-4EAC-95A1-2CE516EB7FB2.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 386

ReSTART

Most of those supplements, especially creatine, would be increasing test and dht (except saw palmetto)

More proof the mainstream message of dht causing balding is wrong

worrywart

Are you sure that's not just your hair looking fuller when you grow it out? When I buzz my head I barely look like I'm balding, but after it grows a bit you can tell the top has less density then the sides. And then eventually it gets longer and looks homogeneous again.

Hypermnesia

Well this is my first post here. I can’t remember how I found this site. I think I was looking up ways to boost testosterone and bookmarked it. It’s nice to find a forum like this. There are some incredibly well educated intelligent people here. Thank you for allowing me to join.

Let’s talk about regrowing hair. I can’t really pinpoint exactly why my hair is growing back in. So I’ll list everything I’m doing. Pictures are taken about a year apart (*bottom just now), but I noticed changes around September of last year. I take a lot of supplements to raise my testosterone and I feel some of those supplements might have helped. My testosterone used to be 250 and now it’s 1,105 as of last month. I’ll get into that project next post.

I’m 51 yoa now and my hair started thinning at age 40. From 42-46 my testosterone was under 300. At age 47 was when I finally decided to fix it. My doses of DHEA and pregnenolone are high but place me at the top of the range, but I’m healthy and feel great while under a doctor’s care. I wanted to avoid TRT and I did. Yes my estrogen is fine.

Even with DHEA and pregnenolone I didn’t notice any hair gain. I read on here pregnenolone can help with hair growth. About 3-4 months of taking NAD+ is when I started to notice hair growth on my head. I’ve tried Derma rollers with no success in the past along with Rogaine.

One day I was feeling my scalp and noticed the scalp was thicker where the hair was on my head. The scalp was looser as well. The scalp was tighter and thinner on areas without hair. I had a theory about growing collagen in the skin. So I started pinching my scalp off my skull several times a day. One theory is maybe I can squeeze some collagen cells closer to my bald spots. Possible? No clue. Scalp is looser, I cannot say thicker. I should have measured skin thickness. But where the hair is coming back in it’s thicker than non hair areas.

I recently started added collagen growing cream after I shower on the scalp. Heck if I know if it works. Hair isn’t greasy at all so there’s that. My scalp is dry anyways LOL. I’ve added collagen peptides to my lunch in a drink. I’ve started taking stinging nettle. Supposed to be good for testosterone and hair. Have not taken long enough to judge on that. Might as well throw everything at the wall and see if it sticks or affects my health.

Here’s the list of supplements:
DHEA 100mg
Pregnenolone 100mg
Vitamin D3
Magnesium citrate Calm brand
Creatine
Vitamin A, B6, B12, K2
KSM66
Boron
Saw Palmetto
Fish oil GNC brand
Animal Pak vitamins
NAD+
Misc testosterone booster of the month
Stinging nettle and saw palmetto can pretty powerfully lower DHT so I would be careful I screwed myself up with nettle root.

OP
O

Obelisk

Yes it was 7. Now it’s right at 80 and yes my blood calcium and kidney function is fine. I don get sick as often either.

Vins7

Yes it was 7. Now it’s right at 80 and yes my blood calcium and kidney function is fine. I don get sick as often either.
Your vitamin D level was 7?!?! This is extremely low.
Mine is 19 and I'm thinking that my level could be really problematic.
The perfect could be between 40-70, I have read, and this vitamin is really important for hair growth/density and preventing hair loss, I have read some experiences in this forum about increasing vitamin D levels and improvements in hair density.

GreekDemiGod

It's interesting that DHEA and Preg. helped boost your T levels. It seems to work better in middle-aged and older guys, while that explains why it doesn't really work in younger guys, as we are not deficient in the youth hormones, even if having low T.

CastorTroy

Most of those supplements, especially creatine, would be increasing test and dht (except saw palmetto)

More proof the mainstream message of dht causing balding is wrong

Mainstream message of dht being involved in AGA is absolutely wright. To understand this you must first learn the difference between ENDOCRINE system, and AUTOCRINE system.

tallglass13

Remarkable. Can you describe the VD product you are using, and how much daily did you take to get it to 80? Also, what NAD supplement are you taking? Thanks

OP
O

Obelisk

My testosterone was low so I saw my wife’s hormone doctor. She got my blood ran and told me I needed vitamin D as DHEA and pregnenolone was mid range and good. It took well over a year to get from 7 to 50. I used no kidding 35k iu daily. Of course I upped the dose slowly to 35k iu. I’m now at 20k iu daily. I don’t get sick. No covid, nothing. Wife got covid, I didn’t even sneeze. As my D level got to 50 my DHEA and pregnenolone crashed bad. But my testosterone shot up to 670 or so from 250. So I supplemented those before bed along with the other stuff listed and T now 1,105 / 140 free. Of course I dieted and lost weight through this. I did not want TRT even though it was offered. My DHEA and pregnenolone is high end but estrogen is fine and I’m putting muscle on like crazy.

Beyond the supplements my workout is very intense. I don’t rest long at all and just lift lift and lift more with no cares how much I lift. Just create pain. That had a lot to do with it. I believe it’s why my estrogen is under control. I do 3-4 sets to most guys one set.

Gbriel

My testosterone was low so I saw my wife’s hormone doctor. She got my blood ran and told me I needed vitamin D as DHEA and pregnenolone was mid range and good. It took well over a year to get from 7 to 50. I used no kidding 35k iu daily. Of course I upped the dose slowly to 35k iu. I’m now at 20k iu daily. I don’t get sick. No covid, nothing. Wife got covid, I didn’t even sneeze. As my D level got to 50 my DHEA and pregnenolone crashed bad. But my testosterone shot up to 670 or so from 250. So I supplemented those before bed along with the other stuff listed and T now 1,105 / 140 free. Of course I dieted and lost weight through this. I did not want TRT even though it was offered. My DHEA and pregnenolone is high end but estrogen is fine and I’m putting muscle on like crazy.

Beyond the supplements my workout is very intense. I don’t rest long at all and just lift lift and lift more with no cares how much I lift. Just create pain. That had a lot to do with it. I believe it’s why my estrogen is under control. I do 3-4 sets to most guys one set.
Would you say the natural testosterone has made a difference in your lifting?
As in can you notice the difference from lifting when your T was in the 200’s vs now?
I imagine the answer is obvious.

Pedigree

I would give lots of calcium and salt a go, both very safe and both very powerful

tallglass13

thanks , my D is low so I need to get it up. You mentioned NAD+, what exact product are you using for that?

OP
O

Obelisk

I have always lifted weights since age 15. I never stopped, but towards age 32 I had joint issues and left the gym. Knee surgery, shoulders hurt, sciatica later at age 45, but still did body weight exercises and used a BowFlex. I would get lean and bulk every few years. But as I got sciatica at age 45-48 my diet went to hell. 5 epidurals and I was 278 pounds at 6’3”s. That’s when I figured to lose weight and fix my back. I went straight keto along with intermittent fasting. Got down to 215 pounds in about a year. I fixed my back with weight loss and isometrics. I lost a ton of muscle mass and I expected to after being a trained individual and dropping THAT much weight.

So at 215 I just ate normal and went back to 240 on purpose. This time I dieted only eating dinner. Yes just dinner. I lost weight quickly and kept my mass. I dieted to 220, then up to 230, then back to 223 and now I’m at 230-232 15% body fat by calipers. Going back up to 240#s. Next diet I’m doing macros and putting food in containers. One meal a day is great and I love it to lose a few pounds, but just can’t get the protein in I need.

I had my testosterone tested 2-3 times a year for a while . One thing I can sort of verify is dieting lowers testosterone. Low carb lowers it even further at least with me. I will never ever do keto again. Dieting did raise my SHBG. Heck at one point I had to force food down my throat to lower it I wasn’t eating enough. Ive tested my T with all sorts of diet combinations.

While dieting my testosterone fluctuated from 450-680 or so. Off diet…. Booom up! Going from my home workout to a real gym boom! Don’t under estimate the testosterone you can get from an intense workout. My home workouts forced me to use intensity.

As far as muscle mass and natural testosterone? Oh yeah I put a lot of mass back on and then some. I have not measured my arms in a couple of months. They are over 18 1/2”s easily. At 215#s they were around 16 3/4” and I still wear size 32 pants.

It’s the higher testosterone and the workout I use. I do not care how much I lift. I seriously don’t care. I just need weight as a reference. My workout is very close to Dana Lynn Bailey a female bodybuilder on YouTube. Just search DLB workout. The form, rep speed, and negatives. She is awesome. I hit the gym to stimulate growth that’s it.

OP
O

Obelisk

My blood calcium is good. I will say I had GERD a while back and was taking Tums and I did feel a small strength bump. I might get the calm magnesium with calcium next. Thank you.

TheSir

So I started pinching my scalp off my skull several times a day.
This is probably what did it. There is this one Korean study in which most of the participants experienced almost full hair regrowth after a few months of pinching the scalp daily. It's quite famous in hair loss communities and has been shared around for years.

Sexypizza

I had similar results, i was also using DHEA, pregnanlone, occasionally progesterone.

I try to take 2000mg of calcium daily and I have been taking thyroid for years. I also supplement vitamin D whenever its low.

The big difference tho is that I only take a max of 5mg of DHEA daily.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals