YOU GLOBE EARTHERS think you KNOW IT ALL Huh - WAKE UP

HeyThere

Why don’t flat-earthers Fund for a space ride?

oh Man. It does.

I will say the gravity questions have me curious though.

Explain it to me like I'm 5:

How does an elephant stay on earth from gravity vs a helium balloon vs the whole ocean.

Vileplume

I will say the gravity questions have me curious though.

Explain it to me like I'm 5:

How does an elephant stay on earth from gravity vs a helium balloon vs the whole ocean.
Why does an air balloon float up underwater while rocks don’t?

Because it’s lighter than the elements surrounding it, which supersedes the effects of gravity. Same with helium vs air.

Jing

Why does an air balloon float up underwater while rocks don’t?

Because it’s lighter than the elements surrounding it, which supersedes the effects of gravity. Same with helium vs air.
So if something is lighter than its Surroundings it will rise and if something is heavier than its Surroundings it will fall right? So why does gravity apparently make things fall? To me it just seems like it isn't gravity what determines what rises or falls what determines if something rises or falls is the Surroundings, change the medium an object is in and it will rise or fall....

Robert5493

So if something is lighter than its Surroundings it will rise and if something is heavier than its Surroundings it will fall right? So why does gravity apparently make things fall? To me it just seems like it isn't gravity what determines what rises or falls what determines if something rises or falls is the Surroundings, change the medium an object is in and it will rise or fall....
Rise and fall are vectors determined by gravity. Without gravity objects don't change positions based on the medium they are in.

here are helium balloons in freefall on the vomit comet.

View: https://youtu.be/q1_AJWZajEk?t=489

Last edited:

Jing

gravity does pull it down.
this video shows what happens to a helium filled balloon when all the air is removed around it. It falls, due to gravity.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BYVIS7ARek

No you removed the air so now there is nothing to push the helium upwards so it falls when helium is in air it rises because its lighter than air it gets pushed upwards , take away the air nothing to push it up.

Robert5493

No you removed the air so now there is nothing to push the helium upwards so it falls when helium is in air it rises because its lighter than air it gets pushed upwards , take away the air nothing to push it up.
exactly. so what is it you are arguing?
you said gravity doesn't affect helium whereas it clearly does fall when there isn't air holding it up.

Jing

exactly. so what is it you are arguing?
you said gravity doesn't affect helium whereas it clearly does fall when there isn't air holding it up.
Because you removed the air why wouldn't it fall?? You don't need gravity to pull it down, it's the same as if you have an object floating on top of water now remove the water what happens? It will fall right? Same thing here with the helium. No need to add some invisible force . It falls because you now have no air for the helium to sit on top.

Robert5493

Because you removed the air why wouldn't it fall?? You don't need gravity to pull it down, it's the same as if you have an object floating on top of water now remove the water what happens? It will fall right? Same thing here with the helium. No need to add some invisible force . It falls because you now have no air for the helium to sit on top.
why would it fall without gravity?
without gravity, what is pulling it down?
without gravity, which way is down?

Robert5493

Exactly no need for gravity.
you asked, "why do certain objects float on water but fall through air?"
asked and answered. density.
Gravity is still needed to have a direction for which way they fall or float.

Jing

why would it fall without gravity?
without gravity, what is pulling it down?
without gravity, which way is down?
If falls because its denser than the medium it is in, we can easily test this with a quick simple home experiment you proved it to yourself in that helium video. Just get a tank of water get an object that falls in air but floats on water, the object fell through air because its denser than the air but the same object floats on water because its less dense than water it's that simple.

Robert5493

If falls because its denser than the medium it is in, we can easily test this with a quick simple home experiment you proved it to yourself in that helium video. Just get a tank of water get an object that falls in air but floats on water, the object fell through air because its denser than the air but the same object floats on water because its less dense than water it's that simple.
which way did it fall? which way is down? why?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom