Unintended Weight Loss Is The 2nd Highest Risk Factor For Certain Cancers

Mito

Patients aged over 60 who lose weight 'should be tested for cancer'

Weight loss in patients over the age of 60 should be urgently investigated, with one in seven cases among men likely to mean cancer, a major study has found.

The research by Oxford University found that losing weight is the key symptom of the disease, linked to at least 10 types of cancer.

Their study, funded by the National Institute for Health Research and published in the British Journal of General Practice, found that unintended weight loss was the second highest risk factor for colorectal, lung, pancreatic and renal cancers.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah, unintentional weight loss is never something to ignore but in our culture people generally feel most weight loss is positive. I overheard a family once talking about their dying loved one and commented that at least she was finally thin. So sad.

goodandevil

Yeah, unintentional weight loss is never something to ignore but in our culture people generally feel most weight loss is positive. I overheard a family once talking about their dying loved one and commented that at least she was finally thin. So sad.
That's terrible, ******* proles

InChristAlone

Yeah I was concerned about cancer when I lost almost 10% of my body weight unintentionally from stress of nursing two kids. Being thin doesn't mean healthy.

SOMO

Yeah I was concerned about cancer when I lost almost 10% of my body weight unintentionally from stress of nursing two kids. Being thin doesn't mean healthy.

The sad thing is, unexplained sudden weight loss is often not even noticed or a concern to doctors.

I had a period where I was losing weight unexpectedly and it was a concern and when I voiced this concern to my doctor all he said was: "well, you're lucky to be thin! When you get my age, it's more difficult to lose weight."

I didn't feel like my needs were addressed lol.

InChristAlone

The sad thing is, unexplained sudden weight loss is often not even noticed or a concern to doctors.

I had a period where I was losing weight unexpectedly and it was a concern and when I voiced this concern to my doctor all he said was: "well, you're lucky to be thin! When you get my age, it's more difficult to lose weight."

I didn't feel like my needs were addressed lol.
Oh geez. It's the same with blood pressure doesn't seem to matter if it's low the Dr will say oh it looks great! Meanwhile you feel light-headed on standing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals