Ukraine Crisis

Perry Staltic

Looks like they're trying to form cauldrons around Kiev and the 65,000 or so Ukrainian troops at the front lines of the Donbas. Not sure what they're doing in Odessa.

FMYdQtCWQA4Jq5F

Veritas IV

^^^ That "potential limit of russian advance" on that map means a few end scenarios are possible:

- Russia pulls back and keeps the original disputed provinces. Installs or highly encourages a friendly government.
- Russia grabs further western territories, leaving a small, weak, rump state. And installs a friendly government there.
- Russia takes all.
- Some combo of one and two?

That's assuming there's any truth to what we are seeing and discussing.

I get the sinking feeling that what's being discussed here is true though...

Z

Zsazsa

Russian people protesting against the war in St Petersburg, more than 100 arrested

Veritas IV

Russian people protesting against the war in St Petersburg, more than 100 arrested

They may not have enough time to gain size and momentum, the war may be over before that.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

O
They may not have enough time to gain size and momentum, the war may be over before that.

I’d think so. Moreover, anti-war sentiment likely isn’t strong enough as of yet for massive demos. Millions of Russians are in favour or don’t care much atm

Herbie

I found a view today by Michael Hudson that says that the Ukraine news is not about the rivalry between the US-led NATO and Russia. It’s not even only about the US preventing Russia & Germany from unifying diplomatically & economically, but it is about the lack of 20th c. military antagonism between east & west with the EU dependent on the US.

Specifically, it’s about the belt & road project bringing economic cooperation to Russia & China, & the EU becoming more resource independent as a result of US sanctions.

But there’s more: the US de-industrializing as a policy goal as the production sectors got their labor in China but, plot twist, China didn’t open up its infrastructure development to US investment & engineering domination (like the Central American countries in the 60s did, giving the US economic control, using US tax dollars).

That this has always been a war against the working class.

The US is driven to prevent the imminent collapse of its economic influence where the petro dollar loses its global finance capital strength against other currencies.

He published that on Feb 8th.

I also agree that the timing of the Ukraine crisis is to propagandize the public to forget the past 2 yrs.
Thanks for posting, it was a good read. I will add that Iran and Iraq will always be at war because the oil well spans across both countries and is shallower at one so if the one with the deep end gets enough peace to start really pumping oil, they will be taking from the other.

hering

I was checking 3 Chernobyl live cams from time to time. They seem to be offline at the moment, too.

Source:

Last edited:

Veritas IV

Does anyone remember Ronald Reagan's Paul Craig Roberts? Yea well he's been busy for a long time sounding the alarm about what the US government is doing. Check what he wrote today:

Update on the Ukrainian situation

Ukrainian resistance seems to have ceased as its infrastructure was put out of operation. Only a few neo-Nazi militias trapped within the Donbass territories continue to offer resistance.

Russian paratroopers captured Kiev airport. Hours ago the Russian forces had reached the Dnieper and approached the suburbs of Kiev. Ukraine has lost its air force, air defense, navy, and all military airports. With the destruction of 83 military facilities, the infrastructure of the Ukraine military has been wiped out.

The neo-Nazis will be held accountable. Ukraine will be required to renounce NATO membership, demilitarize, and renounce all claims to Crimea and the independent republics. Ukrainian soldiers will be permitted to return home to their families.

Unlike the Americans and NATO, the Russians have avoided attacking any civilian areas and the barracks and residences of military units.

German readers write to me that they are sitting in front of TVs laughing at their idiot politicians promising that Putin’s imperialism won’t go unanswered, promising more energy sanctions against the German people and facing compensation claims from German investors in the Nord 2 Pipeline. German defense officials admit that they are toothless and have no capability of sending troops even to protect NATO members, much less Ukraine.

The Europeans should have thought many times before they enabled Washington’s war crimes in Serbia and the Middle East. Putin said war criminals will be held accountable. I think he means it.

The European governments are such stupid idiots that it did not occur to them to wonder what happens if Russia responds to sanctions by cutting off the gas supply. Earlier today I asked what is Germany’s fate if Russia replies to sanctions with sanctions? Leon Birnbaum, president of E.ON, one of Europe’s largest operators of energy networks, said that if Russia cuts gas flow to Germany, Germany´s industry would have to be cut off from the power grid.

It is difficult to imagine people so totally stupid and self-defeating as the ones Western peoples trust with leadership. Indeed, Western “leaders” are so totally stupid they may well get us wiped off the face of the earth.

“They didn’t hear what we told them. They had better hear this time.” — Vladimir Putin

Think back to 2014 when the US overthrew the Ukrainian government and installed a neo-Nazi regime. The neocons were smirking, laughing at how easy it was to buffalo the Russians. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland publicly bragged about how the US had spent $5 billion dollars preparing the overthrow of Ukraine. Much cheering of how Ukraine would now be used to destabilize Russia and seize the Russian Black Sea naval base.

After a long frustrating, humiliating 8 years of trying to get the West’s attention that this was not a scheme Russia could accept, and after one last effort which got nowhere, Russia has acted.

In his speech this morning Putin explained the long years of Russian frustration in her efforts to achieve mutual security with the West which remained intent on its own domination. Here are opening words from Putin’s address:

“I consider it necessary today to speak again about the tragic events in Donbass and the key aspects of ensuring the security of Russia.
I will begin with what I said in my address on February 21, 2022. I spoke about our biggest concerns and worries, and about the fundamental threats which irresponsible Western politicians created for Russia consistently, rudely and unceremoniously from year to year. I am referring to the eastward expansion of NATO, which is moving its military infrastructure ever closer to the Russian border.
It is a fact that over the past 30 years we have been patiently trying to come to an agreement with the leading NATO countries regarding the principles of equal and indivisible security in Europe. In response to our proposals, we invariably faced either cynical deception and lies or attempts at pressure and blackmail, while the North Atlantic alliance continued to expand despite our protests and concerns. Its military machine is moving and, as I said, is approaching our very border.
Why is this happening? Where did this insolent manner of talking down from the height of their exceptionalism, infallibility and all-permissiveness come from? What is the explanation for this contemptuous and disdainful attitude to our interests and absolutely legitimate demands?
The answer is simple. Everything is clear and obvious. In the late 1980s, the Soviet Union grew weaker and subsequently broke apart. That experience should serve as a good lesson for us, because it has shown us that the paralysis of power and will is the first step towards complete degradation and oblivion. We lost confidence for only one moment, but it was enough to disrupt the balance of forces in the world.”

The imbalance of force has been corrected, and since force is all that the West understands, Russia is using force to end the use of Ukraine as a pawn against Russia.
In the past the stupid and arrogant West ignored Russia’s warnings. In his address this morning Putin gave another warning. If the dumbshit Western leaders do not hear this warning, the West will cease to exist:

“I would now like to say something very important for those who may be tempted to interfere in these developments from the outside. No matter who tries to stand in our way or all the more so create threats for our country and our people, they must know that Russia will respond immediately, and the consequences will be such as you have never seen in your entire history. No matter how the events unfold, we are ready. All the necessary decisions in this regard have been taken. I hope that my words will be heard.”

You don't necessarily have to believe all of Paul Craig Robert's opinions, but it forces you to think. Maybe a lot of the nonsense we've been hearing over the years has been just that, nonsense.

More related articles concerning economic and political spillover from Ukraine into Europe: Articles & Columns Archives - PaulCraigRoberts.org

Last edited:

Drareg

Does anyone remember Ronald Reagan's Paul Craig Roberts? Yea well he's been busy for a long time sounding the alarm about what the US government is doing. Check what he wrote today:

“They didn’t hear what we told them. They had better hear this time.” — Vladimir Putin

You don't necessarily have to believe him fully or partially, but it forces you to think. Maybe a lot of the nonsense we've been hearing over the years has been just that, nonsense.

More related articles concerning economic and political spillover from Ukraine into Europe: Articles & Columns Archives - PaulCraigRoberts.org
Putin also knows western leaders are hated by their populace's, he sees this because of election results, if they start something they will have very little support, even worse they wont win. The majority reading Putins statement here in the west under then age of 45 are nodding our heads in agreement with it.

They have no credibility left, is it all a charade to collapse the west the bring forth the 4IR or just plain stupidity and hubris? either way its stupidity and hubris.

Peachy

You don't necessarily have to believe him fully or partially, but it forces you to think. Maybe a lot of the nonsense we've been hearing over the years has been just that, nonsense.

PCR’s Ukraine commentaries are always a satisfying read.?

Veritas IV

is it all a charade to collapse the west the bring forth the 4IR or just plain stupidity and hubris? either way its stupidity and hubris.

It could literally be all of the above.

Hubris will be the word written in history books to describe the West of the past few decades and beyond.

I edited my comments in my previous post to better clarify what i meant btw.

Veritas IV

Zelenskyy orders general mobilization:

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has declared a “general mobilization” of the country’s population, calling up conscripts and reserve forces to bolster Kiev's military across the country following Russia’s “special operation” in the Donbass, which also targeted sites in Ukraine.

The mobilization should be carried out within the next 90 days, according to the presidential decree released early on Friday.

Zelensky said the move was required to “ensure the defense of the state” and “maintain combat readiness” of the Ukrainian armed forces in the face of what he called “aggression” by Moscow.

The mobilization is set to take place in 25 regions and cities, including on the territory of Donetsk and Lugansk in the Donbass, whose independence was recognized by Russia earlier this week.

The General Staff of the Ukrainian military will soon outline more details on the effort, including the exact number of conscripts and reservists to be called to duty, as well as the “involvement of vehicles to meet the needs” of the armed forces, the decree states.

The plan may also call for the “temporary allocation of buildings, structures, land, transport and other material and technical means” to the military, according to the decree. Local government officials would be called to assist with notifying citizens and reserve members that they had been ordered to service.

Ahead of the Russian military action, Zelensky began conscripting reservists aged 18-60 earlier this week, though at the time said he would not implement a general mobilization. The government has also declared a national state of emergency for at least 30 days and, soon after Moscow’s forces moved into the Donbass, imposed martial law. It is so far unclear what the latter measure will entail, with Zelensky simply saying it would apply “on the whole territory” of Ukraine.

Kiev as well as the UN, US, the EU and NATO has denounced the recognition of the two breakaway republics by Moscow and a subsequent military operation by Russian forces to “denazify” and “demilitarize” Ukraine as an “unprovoked” violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty, rolling out a raft of biting sanctions against targeting Russian elites and aimed at crippling the country's economy.

Announcing a “special operation” in Donbass early on Thursday, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that it was aimed at protecting the people of the two newly-recognized republics. The operation has since expanded to sites across Ukraine. The full extent of the action remains unclear, with Russian strikes reported across several Ukrainian cities, though the Russian Ministry of Defense maintains it targeted military sites only.

Shouldn't he have ordered this yesterday or the day before?

Might come in handy to pressure Putin into leaving a sizeable rump state, but the way things look now Putin has much of Ukraine within his reach already. And that's not considering how many Ukrainian men would answer Zelenskyy's call to serve, some of them may have given up already psychologically.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom